[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

East Kilbride or Barnwood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Hi guys, this my 1st time on /adv/, good evening to everyone.

I need (guess what) an advice.

You see, I plan to register for an internship in the UK for a company EDF Energy. They offer their internships in Barnwood in England (BW) and East Kilbride in Scotalnd (EK).

Now, I realize that you probably don't know exactly how expensive these towns are but can you give me some advice on which town should I focus getting into considering limited money supply xD

Take a note that salary is £16,500 pro rata per annum and I ought to be staying in the UK for 12 weeks.

I'm asking this because I read that BW has around 10000 people but it's in England relatively close to London and Brimingham which, I heard (and felt xD), are expensive cities while EK (larger town; 71000 people) is near Edinburgh which is (so I heard) less expensive then London and Brimingham.
Take notes that I go by logic 'smaller town, lower prices' but I also know that large cities influence on local towns and on their living standards.

Also, what about safety problems?
For what I have heard, there's a lot of racism in English towns, especially toward eastern europeans and since I am from Croatia, this worries me much.

Do you have any advice so you can end my suffering? :)
>>
I can only talk about East Kilbride since am from near there, it's entirely dependent upon the area within the town whether it's a shitehole or not, and East Kilbride's shite holes are proper shiteholes, however it is not a terribly expensive place and it isn't actually that close to Edinburgh in regards to what is considered close in the UK. It is close to Glasgow though which has loads of connections to East Kilbride transport wise. You'd be able to live off £800 a month (rent, bills, food) if you plan right in both EK and surrounding areas, throw in an extra £100 if transport is needed.
In regards to the racism thing us up in Scotland don't really have the whole get every foreign person to fuck idea, even the people who are total arseholes up here won't be telling you to get to fuck cause you're foreign.

Anything in particular you want to know just ask, I'll keep watch for half an hour or so.
>>
>>17778940
East Kilbride is near Glasgow, not Edinburgh.

Also, the English dislike foreigners far more than the Scots do.
>>
File: burning-cigarette-smoke.jpg (18KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
burning-cigarette-smoke.jpg
18KB, 750x500px
>>17779026
Thank you for the reply.

I want to ask one more thing. How expensive is Glasgow and East Kilbride in terms of night life?
Also, I am generally interested in smoking laws. Are there pubs where you can smoke inside? When I was in London and Oxford last year, I couldn't find any pubs where smoking was allowed, not even pubs where they have separated space for smokers.
>>
>>17779295
Absolutely zero, but most pubs/clubs have a smoking shelter where fun things happen.
>>
>>17779032

>Also, the English dislike foreigners far more than the Scots do.

Ignore this bollocks
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.