[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to cope with loss?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1468956816329.jpg (494KB, 1057x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1468956816329.jpg
494KB, 1057x1500px
Hey /adv/,
my mother passed away shortly after having me. She rejected chemotherapy during the pregnancy as it would have possibly harmed me and when she did get on it post-pregnancy her body or the cancer didn't react to it properly.

I was aware of this from a very early age on and my dad did raise me very well on his own (with help from our family) and growing up I never really felt overly depressed. Yes I didn't have a mother growing up, but there was no huge pain associated with it for some reason.
My family would tell me many things about her and I wish I could have met her but still, until now I not once cried over having lost her.

Now I turned 20 this week and received a letter and videotape from my mother. The letters weren't uncommon and I did receive those at different points in my life however what got me was that video. (I did see video recordings of her before though)
It seemed very genuine so I don't think a lot of scripting or planning went into it and its twelve minutes of her just telling me that she loves me and that she is proud of me and how she wants me to find my way in this world.
She also talks about hoping that I enjoyed "my trip" - basically after graduation my dad payed for me to travel for ten months. Apparently the two of them did plan that at some point and he never felt that it was maybe necessary to tlel me that which kinda makes me angry at him now but thats beyond the point.

While watching that video I started to cry and started to sob and shake like I never did in my life and for the past two days I have been in a constant state of "depression". Just sad and total lack of direction or motivation.

I'm sorry if this seems all over the place and I don't really know what I am asking for aside just general input and maybe advice for dealing with all of this
>>
>>17778694
Look, it was you or her, and she choose to sacrifice herself for you. She gave you your life, so don't fucking waste what she gave you moping. What happened happened, and you can't change it. So if you love your mother, live your life to the fullest extent. That's what she would have wanted.
>>
>>17778694

You never knew your mom so you didn't feel the need to grieve her death. The video suddenly made her "real" to you and now you're feeling the loss. Once it's there, grief can last a lifetime.

You're going to be butthurt for the next several weeks, that's all I know
>>
>>17779503
this anon said it best

sorry for your troubles OP
>>
File: IMAG0130.jpg (2MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0130.jpg
2MB, 3000x4000px
Hey Op. My mother died when I was very young, I'm 22 now though.

Here's the only picture of her there is. I've never shown any of my friends or girlfriends this.

Just saying cherish that you have something at all. This single image of my mother is all I will ever know.
>>
>>17779579
Not OP, but I want to tell you I think its awesome you shared that picture with the thread. She looks happy. I'm sorry you only have one photo but its a good picture. Thanks man.
>>
Bump

I'm on my phone now but will reply in length later.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.