[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every fucking time, I hate it. Why should I lose a guy-friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 14

Every fucking time, I hate it. Why should I lose a guy-friend just because he decided to discover feelings for me. After that he is not my friend anymore. I like to hang out and do fun stuff together and I never make a hint or give hope or something. I found someone who I really like and he likes me back and gives me all I need. Now this guy friend won't talk to me because I 'friendzoned' him, great. We were friends from the beginning, what the deal with that 'friendzone' stuff!
Just because you guys want everything that breathes a girl should lose a friend. Do I have to be friends only with guys who have a gf or a wife? Why is it something complicated to make a true friendship with a person with vagina?
>>
I dunno OP, men are thirsty af. That being said, you should set boundaries early on. The kind of guys who are only in it for the puss are not worth being your friend in the first place.
>>
>Became friends with a guy and we clicked so well it was as if we were best friends from day 1, loved chatting with him
>Amount of time passes
>"I gotta be honest with you, I developed feelings for you even though I know everything would be impossible as you're in a relationship. I don't think we can be friends anymore"
This fucking sucks. Outside of my boyfriend I have a single friend so I was really happy to have met someone like him ;_;
>>
Honestly my gf has this problem too

I'm pretty sure it's every single guy that talks to her wants to fuck her
She really struggles with it and I want her to have friends when I can't hang out

Solution so far has been to only be friends with girls and gays

How old are you
And the problem with telling guys that you just want to be friends from the beginning is that they'll take it as a challenge lol
>>
>>17778261
Nope. The only way you will ever be friends with the opposite sex as a female is if he finds you completely unnatractive, and he has high enough standards and or a gf he gives a shit about. It'ss the worst with guys who have low self esteem, depression, etc are going to take the friendship of a girl as a sign she actually likes him, only to be ruined when the girl is like oh we're just friends or "you're like a brother to me"
Lol.
>>
>>17778285
I don't understand this. If you love talking with him and instantly click with him.. why not more? What's his issue(s)? money, physically, confidence..
>>
>>17778286
Yeah don't let her befriend guys. She'll fuck one eventually. Fact.
And when people contemplate cheating they fabricate an issue or issues within the relationship to justify their behavior.
>>
>>17778261
That's a pretty self centered attitude. What you're saying in effect is that you think the guy should give you everything you want inspite of the fact that you're not giving him what he wants. Arrangements that benifit one party more than the other never last long.
>>
>>17778261

Guys can make friends no problem with other guys. A guy can be completely satisfied in the friend department just hanging with other guys so he never actually NEEDS a female friend in his life.

When a guy doesn't have a gf though then every single girl that he is social with is suddenly a sexual desire.

Every.

Single.

One.

So it is doomed before it starts.

Ask yourself why it is important to you for YOU to have guy friends outside of your relationship? What about straight single guys is so important to you that you must have it in your life?
>>
>>17778285
Were you honest about being in a relationship from the start? Some women are really weird and dodgy about that shit.

If you were then fuck him (though at least he was honest instead of ghosting you). I think it's pretty dumb to drop a girl for that if she doesn't make the situation awkward and weird, especially if they're actively looking for a relationship. You probably have girl friends that are single that he could hook up with through you.
>>
>>17778261
Friendships aren't about you.
If your friend and you want two different things from the relationship it is better for you to part.
You're not obligated to date every guy who likes you, guys are not obligated to stay friends with you if they wanted more and you're not available.
>>
>>17778330
>the guy should give you everything you want inspite of the fact that you're not giving him what he wants.
Elaborate. All I wanted from this rellationship is a friendship. I'm ready to provide the same and help him out in difficult situations with money\emotional support. Go for a drink together and joking around.
>>17778348
>Guys can make friends no problem with other guys. A guy can be completely satisfied in the friend department just hanging with other guys so he never actually NEEDS a female friend in his life.
That's pretty sad.
>>17778348
>Ask yourself why it is important to you for YOU to have guy friends outside of your relationship? What about straight single guys is so important to you that you must have it in your life?
It was always easier to me to talk with guys rather then girls, I like their mindset and I have a lot of in common. I can discuss with guys million subjects including girls and their asses\tits (even being straight myself). They understand my jokes and I understand theirs. I see a guy as a person and interested in knowing this person a bit more like his ideology, worldview, attitude to life, etc. Of course, I have girl friends too, but while talking they make too much informational noise and can't follow one subject for long time.
I guess, it's because I have 2 brothers.
>>
>>17778382
>You're not obligated to date every guy who likes you, guys are not obligated to stay friends with you if they wanted more and you're not available.
I don't know, it's not the first time. And it fucking sucks to lose a friend.
>>
>>17778261
Because only beta cucks stay in the friendzone. Also what are gay freinds or female freinds.
>>
File: Like a Boss.jpg (34KB, 310x320px) Image search: [Google]
Like a Boss.jpg
34KB, 310x320px
>>17778261

Man can be friends because we can relate on countless levels since we're both men.

Men cannot be friends with women because of 'The Selfish Gene'; that's the voice/drive/instinct telling you to fuck them; regardless of how well you guys get along.

It's also what tries to get you to take off the condom during sex and dump a load in their raw, unprotected pussies; to do our one job in life: Pass on our genetic material.

Personally, I got a vasectomy when I was 24 and it had a huge effect on me subconsciously; since I cannot have children, I have no true purpose in life.

I'm happier, I go to college and study topics I find interesting, improve myself for myself, fuck grillz without every having to worry about them trapping me into taking care of them with an 'Anchor Baby'.

I am free.

>MFW
>>
>>17778372

Different anon here. I get this shit all the fucking time. I like to play online games and when I befriend a guy I always make it very, VERY OBVIOUS from the get-go that I'm in a longterm relationship and without fail, almost every single guy will eventually try to ask me for nudes and/or start this weird brain-game where after we establish a good friendship they begin to not-so-discreetly drop bombs about how there's no good women for them or that they got dumped and how I'd be totally perfect as their gf or that they're way better than my bf (even when I don't really divulge any details about my relationship they always assume that he's not "good enough" for me like they are).

Sometimes they'll go a good year before suddenly deciding to tell me that they've always had feelings for me and if my relationship ever comes to an end they would love to date me. I've even had a couple of them Skype me and appear in just underwear, on their bed, in a suggestive pose and start asking really private questions about my sex life and I get weirded out and make up an excuse to end the call.

The only guys I can reliably be friends with online at this point are gay, have a gf or are married.

What's worse is when someone decides to be my friend online and tries to buy me game-related stuff (I always refuse) then gets cold or ghosts me when they inevitably try to put a wedge between me and my bf. I even had one admit that he wanted my number so he could text me dick picks and get my bf mad enough to leave me... then he got mad when I got upset about it...
>>
>>17778261
I can always tell when the guy wants more in the beginning and never get real close from that point. What you did OP is believe you could manage this and it's impossible sometimes.

It cuts both ways though. I had a guy that I was always around because our fathers worked together, he wasn't much to look at and thought of him like a brother and I always was nice to him in school and in public though I socialized on a different level and dated more popular guys. Till we get close to graduating and he starts acting different and oh no told me he loved me and I did everything I could to be nice and hold him off without cutting him off. Didn't work and I had to be nasty and hurt him and though we began the same university and saw each other frequently we never spoke. Fast forward to our junior year at university and our social circles converged so I saw him often and often with beautiful girls for he wasn't shy and pimply anymore and weirdly I kept trying to get his attention, finally just going up to him and apologizing for my horrible behavior years ago. He was the same sweet guy, well spoken and kind but oh god did he smell and look good. I became obsessed, wanting to know everything about him I had missed and we started to hang out but it was difficult since he had so many other girls wanting his time. I fell hopelessly in love with him and it killed me when I would see another girl kiss his cheek or take his arm and I died a little when I saw him on a romantic date. Don't get it wrong I had plenty of hot guys wanting to date me but I turned them all down as I pined for my childhood friend. Finally I confessed to him and he sweetly touched my face and said he was sorry he sees me like a goodlooking bitch sister.
>>
the problem is youre not interesting. you think you are because guys talk to you but they only ever wanted to talk to get with you, you naively dont consider this giving you the false impression you are a charismatic, magnetic or otherwise generally personable person. you are none of the above, you just have tits and a vjj
>>
File: 1479583713772.jpg (90KB, 628x647px) Image search: [Google]
1479583713772.jpg
90KB, 628x647px
>>17778442
suffer eternally you roastie
>>
>>17778399
It sucks to be rejected, too.
You'll get over it, he will get over it.
>>
>>17778261
>Why is it something complicated to make a true friendship with a person with vagina?

Damn I know this feel. I know it so hard. All my "friends" inevitably ask me out and it's annoying because when I turn them down they get assflustered and the friendship is over. This is why I don't have friends. I'd rather just be alone. Fuck men, just fuck them. Depraved animals. I'd rather be alone. I just turn down everyone who asks me out, I hate all of you. Just sex hungry animals. Please die.

I'd crossdress and pretend to be a guy, but I have the girliest face and voice and body it is possible to have. I'm jelly of androgynous girls because you can look like a boy if you want. Best of both worlds.

And edgeposters will say shit like >>17778446

Just ignore them. They're bitter trolls who don't understand anything.
>>
>>17778313
She said she already has/had a boyfriend, retard. That's why no more.
>>
>>17778446
What a douche bag
>>
This issue is eternal and the only solution is for both parts to accept to continue being friends after that. There's a lot of frustration involved, so it's not for everyone, but it is wortg in some friendships.

The girl just must accept she has a friend who would like to fuck her, the guy just has to accept he has a friend she would like to fuck and both accept it will never happen. Easier to say than to actually do, but doable.
>>
>Girl wants to just stay friends
>Respectfully decline because I still have feelings for her and I don't think it would be fair for both of us to continue to be friends if we have different intentions
>I'm somehow the bad guy
Can someone fucking explain this logic? I don't really see why there has to be a person at fault in this scenario.
>>
>>17778482
No you fucking retard.

The two of them knew since before she got involved with her boyfriend.
>>
>>17778261
I am a decently attractive girl and I honestly never had issues making friends and staying friends with guys.
I had friendship that lasted over 20 years and nothing awkward ever happened, not even when we were teenagers going through puberty.

The thing that a lot of girls don't seem to get is that there is a huge difference from a guy who is your friend because you're actually a cool person and a guy who is your friend because you have a vagina and he hopes to put his dick in there some day. It is SUPER easy to tell what their intentions are.
A guy who is your friend just because he wants to fuck you is your friend for no apparent reason. You don't share many interests, you don't share the same sense of humour, you don't do the same activities, but magically he thinks you're amazingly interesting. A guy who is your friend because he wants to fuck you compliments you a lot and is really nice to you. He tries to get the conversation flirty. He talks to you all the time.
No guy who was truly interested in me as a person ever treated me differently than they treat their male friends. I get the shit talking and insults, like their male friends do. We do not text to chit chat about our day and they don't coddle me if I am feeling down, texts are sparse and always are (1) banter (2) comments about some interest we share (3) plans to go out and grab a beer. Conversations are relaxed and not flirty at all.

I don't know how you can misunderstand a guy's intention, they are so fucking evident.
>>
>>17778475
You're in no place to call anyone else bitter with such a misandrist attitude.
>>
>>17778397
>I'm ready to provide the same

But that is not what he wants. He has male friends for that. (I mean I hope he does..)

That's like inviting a vegan to a steak restaurant (the steak restaurant being your friendship) and saying that he can get the same that you are having. (yeah bad analogies are my gig)
>>
>>17778475
>>17778491
look inwards on yourselves

> 'This is why I don't have friends. I'd rather just be alone. Fuck men, just fuck them. Depraved animals. I'd rather be alone. I just turn down everyone who asks me out, I hate all of you. Just sex hungry animals. Please die.'
> 'ignored bitter edgeposters'

LOL woman logic, you including yourself in that?
>>
>>17778261

just do what men do: only be real friends with someone of your own gender.

you can still have those 'sorta friends' who are just your gfs boyfriend or whatever, but no, men dont really TRY to be your friend. if they're hitting you up it isnt because you're some amazing friend, its because they want to be your boyfriend.

the only friend you can trust is the kind that develops completely naturally like someone you wokr with or whatever, but even then theres always teh chance hes into ya breh
>>
File: 129757624818.png (332KB, 630x355px) Image search: [Google]
129757624818.png
332KB, 630x355px
>>17778514
or maybe you're just ugly
>>
>>17778514
>No guy who was truly interested in me as a person ever treated me differently than they treat their male friends. I get the shit talking and insults, like their male friends do. We do not text to chit chat about our day and they don't coddle me if I am feeling down, texts are sparse and always are (1) banter (2) comments about some interest we share (3) plans to go out and grab a beer. Conversations are relaxed and not flirty at all.
This, I had this kind of friendship with this guy. But there were also (4) memes, funny youtube videos and webms (5) cats.
How could it end up with what I described in OP?
>>
>>17778528
Not a lingerie model for sure, but not ugly either. I am slightly over average, I'd say.
Never had problems getting attentions from guys.

I missed you Pegasus. How are you doing?
>>
>>17778536
I had a brief period of sanity and then returned to my natural self :^)
>>
>>17778509
How do you know that? It's not what she said or implied at all.

Anyways he should have made the move when she was single, what's the point on doing after she got engaged? It's not like the poor guy is to blame, but he can't complain.
>>
>>17778546
> I found someone who I really like

I personally read that as in "I found that person after I became friends with friendzoned boy". I'm not native in English though so maybe I misread it.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call you a retard. Hope you have a nice day/night
>>
>>17778507
I don't think there's logic at all there but, well, some people is really emotional. Specially in relationships.

The correct movement would've been to "agree" to stay friends first and slowly cut contact. This way she can't feel aggrieved since there's no point in time she can interpret as the "fuck you" moment.
>>
>>17778546
You're not getting the point. She wanted a friend, it's not always about sex. What he wanted is more and he had expectations she couldn't complete. The whole thread is about guys who can't see girls as friends.
>>
Men and women cannot be friends. Make friends with chicks OP, since you yourself are also a chick.

Before you even say "But I'm not like most girls" or "Girls tend to bring drama" then you're a ho3 and you are the problem vs these guy 'friends' you talk about.
>>
>>17778555
In the post where I was calling you (or another anon) retard you (or the anon) were not replying to OP but to a another girl with a similar story. This is clear and obvious, otherwise the non-OP post was redundant.

Sorry for calling you retard, by the way.
>>
>>17778558
why does the guy have to do extra work for the benefit of the girl?
>>
>>17778535
I am sorry if I sound insulting, but I honestly doubt.
I mean - it might happen that ONE of your actual friends catches feelings for you over time, but it is unlikely that this kind of shit happens to you every time you try to make a friend. You probably are socially incompetent and you're not getting obvious clues.
How often do you talk? Did you mostly texted? How much of the conversation was random shit about your day and how much was actually interesting conversation? How often did he compliment you? Did you share interests and hobbies, did things together that weren't hanging out to talk about your lives?
>>
>>17778261
Welcome to the world of tomorrow............
>>
>>17778330
Damn. That's essentially saying that you have no need for women unless you're gonna get the opportunity to slap your dick all over her. What's wrong with just being pals? Might be a tough concept to grasp, but it's fun being pals with someone, even if you can't rub kisses all over their face.
>>
>>17778568
I have chick friends too. One of them is really cool and my best friend but she's too far away right now (I moved out) and we rarely chat since she's married and busy and I'm busy too.
It's not so easy to find a friend who you can trust and have similar sense of humour, common interests, etc. I don't want to divide people by gender if I see them as friends. Unfortunately, guys always have to do it.
>>
>>17778261
>and gives me all I need
You see, you ain't giving him anything in return
Men don't need attention like you do
>>
File: 1475723300219.png (42KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1475723300219.png
42KB, 625x626px
>>
>>17778587
No, he said something completely true.
Guy wanted to date OP, OP wanted to stay friends with guy. If they stayed friends, OP would be getting what she wanted and guy wouldn't. He isn't obligated to stay friends with OP in the same way OP isn't obligated to date him. If they don't want the same thing out of the relationship, they just can stop having a relationship and it's totally fair for both of them.

This doesn't mean that it isn't cool to be friends with the opposite gender even if you don't get any sex out of the relationship. It just means that in this case it wasn't fair for them to stay friends.
>>
>>17778587
>no need for women unless you're gonna get the opportunity to slap your dick all over her
Believe it or not, there's more to a relationship than sex.
Not that sex is a bad thing, but there's also more intimacy involved in a relationship of that kind vs. a regular friendship.
>>
>>17778575
>it might happen that ONE of your actual friends catches feelings for you over time
Well, yeah, that's what happening right now. Sorry if I wasn't clear about it. But what you described is the most comfort kind of friendship to me. How do you become friends with them? I often talk with guys from work because they can handle rasist\sexist jokes and we can laugh about it (girls mostly gets offended). I would like to invite them to the bar, for example, but I'm afraid now that they will understand it in a wrong way. I'm scared to become friends with guys because I'm attractive and easy-going.
>>
>>17778397

How is it sad if a guy is happy with only male friends and female partners?

Most girl cant take bants, they cant compete in their team sports, rarely care for video games or cars .... many dudes with "guy hobbies" just wont find close female friends.

Thirst for sex changes that dynamic, but once thats out of question... Why just suffer through sittiing next to your unrequited love instead of having fun with the guys?
>>
>>17778572
It would be the same if he was the girl, it's just a matter of not wanting to hurt people. If he doesn't care that's fine, I was just providing a "solution" to this problem.

I'll grant that it's often the girl who is irrational and overemotional in this situations, of course. But it's not a matter of the guy putting more effort than the girl. It's about the rational person doing what is optimal since the emotional will not.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
>>17778639
>Most girl cant take bants, they cant compete in their team sports, rarely care for video games or cars .
But what if I can?
>>
Jokingly mean = funny = fun = turn on.
Assholes do get more, and you wonder why. Too nice guys are good for building her self esteem and ego
>>
>>17778638
If you're asking him to the bar by himself then explain you have no intention of going home with him. Better yet invite him AND his best friend(s) to the bar.
>>
>>17778668
You're disillusioned with yourself and self worth

"But I'm not like other girls!" -All girls
>>
>>17778668

Then every guy will fall in love with you (provided youre somewhat attractive) and were back at square one :^).

You sure you can compete with grown men in team sports though? Lots of confidence you got there.
>>
>>17778674
Yeah, you're not helping at all.
>>
>>17778684
>You sure you can compete with grown men in team sports though? Lots of confidence you got there.
Well no, of course. I'm still a woman.
>>
>>17778687
youre just the best!
>>
>>17778687
Here's the thing you need to understand: guys think with their dicks.

It's a simple fact. Our entire existence is focused on winning a mate, because in our society the females are seen as the selectors or mates, and it is the male's job to impress them.

I know you just want to be friends, but most guys would then throw back the question: why don't you want to be in a relationship? What have I done such that I'm not even worth taking the chance of going on one date with? Worst case scenario, it doesn't work out and you're back to just being friends, but then both parties can accept that since both see what the issue was.

At its most basic level, it's a difference of expectations. Guys are constantly looking for a mate, and we assume women do the same. When you break that expectation, things can get complicated and guys can easily lose interest. After all, why spend time with someone who is definitely not a potential mate when there are other potential mates around?
Consider also the social assumptions that take place around these interactions: two guys hanging out in a bar are probably single, a guy and a girl at a bar are probably on a date and will inherently discourage other potential suitors from interacting with them.
>>
>>17778638
You said it happens to you all the time, or at least that's what I got from your posts. Maybe I misunderstood something?

> How do you become friends with them?
Like you'd become friends with anyone else. Talk to them more and more, ask them to hang out in groups.
One of my closest friends is a guy and we are pretty much the same person with different genitals. We just started hanging out with some people from our college class and over time got close, and eventually we started hanging out one-on-one (which is better for us because we are introverted). We just have so much in common and hang out to watch sports on tv, watch tv shows, play videogames, do sports together, go to concerts, go to the movies and drink expensive beers. It happened naturally because we are REALLY similar.

> I often talk with guys from work because they can handle rasist\sexist jokes and we can laugh about it (girls mostly gets offended).
> I'm scared to become friends with guys because I'm attractive and easy-going.
Don't do this kind of shit. It's cringey. You just sound like a basic bitch who goes "girls are just drama" and "OMG I have a ton of guy friends". Nope.
>>
>>17778261

If he can't have you, then he won't stand being your friend and being around you would probably make him frustrated or something. He's looking for a romantic commitment instead of what you're looking for in him which i guess is Pyhllia type of love.
>>
>>17778668

Hey sister. Misogynist bitter virgins on 4chinz will always tell you things like that. But I feel you. Same here, I'm funny and skilled, I'm good at my hobbies, I'm interesting and have lots of new ideas people like discussing, I have a lot of detailed and niche knowledge people like to hear about. But areninegay tier posters always say, "you're bad at sports and probably stuuuuupid." Funny thing is I legitimately can beat their asses in anything. You're talking about poorly groomed, video game addict, skeleton mode hikkis here, and they're saying shit like all girls are bad at sports to try and feel better about themselves, thinking the achievements of other men somehow means they have achieved anything themselves because they have the same sexual organ.

I feel you. Just stop trying to talk about it on 4chinz, I guess, outside of /cgl/. That's the only female-friendly board, really, even if you aren't interested in overpriced clothes. Life as a girl pretty much sucks. You get assholes screaming that you can't know hardship because somehow having a vagina is a magic wand that solves all your problems. Just ignore 'em. Really, just disregard people like that. No normal, healthy, functioning guy talks like that, only losers do.
>>
File: 1308253390190.jpg (93KB, 496x602px)
1308253390190.jpg
93KB, 496x602px
>>17778749
>>
>Fall for a female friend
>Want to go on dates but want to maintain the friendship but don't want to have to watch someone I like fall in love with another person and tell me about how great their SO is
I feel like a fucking slave to my biology, like I'm not allowed to be friends with this really cool person because my body wants me to have sex and my heart wants to me to be in love, both completely slapping my brain's shit just for wanting to be content with friendship.
>>
File: 1448379598008.jpg (167KB, 405x412px) Image search: [Google]
1448379598008.jpg
167KB, 405x412px
>>17778668
Then you are clearly a """"""""""""""girl"""""""""""" not a girl.
>>
>>17778749
>Hey sister
>Misogynist bitter virgins
>I'm funny and skilled, I'm good at my hobbies, I'm interesting and have lots of new ideas people like discussing, I have a lot of detailed and niche knowledge people like to hear about.
>I feel you.
>female-friendly board
>Life as a girl pretty much sucks.
>You get assholes screaming that you can't know hardship because somehow having a vagina is a magic wand that solves all your problems.

You are one of the most annoying human being who ever posted on this board.
And we have Pegasus. I mean. It takes some fucking effort to beat him.
>>
>>17778758
>, things can get complicated and guys can easily lose interest. After all, why spend time with someone who is definitely not a potential mate when there are other potential mates around?
>Consider also the social assumptions that take place around these interactions: two guys hanging out in a bar are probably single, a guy and a girl at a bar are probably on a date and will inherently discourage other potential suitors from interacting with them.
I feel you bro. Except it's my brain saying fuck and my dick saying rape and my heart saying please.
>>
>>17778782
Confirmed.
>>17778749
Hasn't been said in a while but somebody has to do it.
Tits or get the fuck out.
>>
File: 1456061909306.jpg (189KB, 831x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456061909306.jpg
189KB, 831x1000px
>>17778261
>Why is it something complicated to make a true friendship with a person with vagina?
Because men and women are different, and they have different friendship dynamics.

Men talk to their friends about things that happened to them, things they're going to do, philosophy, they take the piss out of each other, and call each other gay.

Women talk about their ~~~feelings~~~ and use their friends as emotional support.

Men don't do this with their friends, they do this with girls that they are romantically involved with.

If a girl uses a guy friend for emotional support, he might think "hmm, I wouldn't talk about that with my friends, does she have romantic feelings for me?" A girl displaying availability and romantic interest in a guy is attractive in and of itself to most guys. So if you treat a guy friend like you treat your girl friends, and do things that he might interpret as romantic interest, then he might develop feelings.

It might work the same in the other direction, but guys don't generally treat female friends the same as they treat guy friends.

This is all assuming that a guy and a girl have become friends, each of them with no ulterior motives. If a guy likes a girl and instead of, y'know, making a move and making his intentions known, he betas out and tries to be her friend instead and somehow hopes that they'll somehow end up in a relationship, then that's pretty much his fault because he's timid and afraid of rejection. But its not helped by the girls who say shit like "I just want to be friends with someone before I consider dating them".

Just stick to being friends with your own sex. Its far more straightforward.
>>
>>17778261
Men and women cannot be just friends. Your fooling yourself if you think they can.
>>
>>17778809
>Just stick to being friends with your own sex. Its far more straightforward.

Try leaving your basement. You make it seem so black and white.

Men and women can be in a platonic relationship. Men need emotional support too. Men and women can hang out without developping feelings.
>>
If you're a girl average looking and think a guy is your friend you're delusional.
>>
>>17778824
No they cant well unless the man is gay. Men and women are vsry diffrent creatures.
>>
>>17778824
>Men and women can be in a platonic relationship.
I know. I didn't feel the need to caveat everything I said in my post because I assumed that the reader wouldn't be so retarded as to think I was suggesting that men and women can't be friends.

>Men need emotional support too.
And usually they get it in romantic relationships, not from friends.
>>
>>17778712
Actually in my experience geting a female friend or two is good for scoring in clubs and places like that. Women won't approach you, but they almost never do it anyways, so forcing yourself to make the first moves isn't a big deal. But women will see you with better eyes if you're interacting with other women, if only because women easily arise jealousy on other women.

Also bands of dudes scare girls who just came to the club to "dance and enjoy the night".
>>
>>17778286
I kept telling this to the girl I was getting serious with. Oh no I don't see him like that blah blah, I'm like, how naive can you be?! When he couldn't snake me out of the picture, she just said he's starting to act weird these days. yeah no shit
>>
>>17778824
To be fair I am friends to an extent with a fat ugly girl but thats because I feel bad for her after she tried to get in my pants and I turned her down. I let her tag along some times when I go shooting with the bros. Thats the best friendship men and women can have without a relationship.
>>
>>17778868
>I am friends to an extent with a fat ugly
Sounds about right.
>>
>>17778883
Shes more like a stray puppy that follows me looking sad. She is a real boner killer bro wish I had a pic.
>>
>>17778824
>Men and women can be in a platonic relationship.
There have been studies done on this, and it is demonstrably untrue.

>Men need emotional support too.
Men and women have different emotional support needs.

>Men and women can hang out without developping feelings.
Again, this is demonstrably false. Is it possible for some men to hang out with women completely platonically? Sure. But statistical studies have shown that in cases regarding a single guy hanging out with a single woman in a platonic manner, more often than not they tend to develop romantic feelings for the woman, while the woman tends to not develop feelings for the guy. In addition, men tend to think the women are also interested in them romantically more often than is true, and conversely the women tend to not think the men consider them as romantic partners at a much lower rate than what is true.
>>
>>17778886
Its to bad because she is a sweet girl but man she is gnarly I couldn't go there even if I was drunk and blind.
>>
>>17778895
Look around you. Not every single man and woman are just fucking. They are coworkers, family members, family friends, etc.

Not everything is for the pursuit of sex.
>>
>>17778895
Any sources for anything in that last point? How do you even make a "study" on something luke that?
>>
>>17778919
Here's one example:
http://bleske-rechek.com/April%20Website%20Files/Bleske-Rechek%20et%20al.%202012%20Benefit%20or%20Burden.pdf
>>
>>17778318
what if my gf is bi
>>
>>17778914
The roles you spoke of are roles of responcability when a man is in that position he rarely thinks of the person he is responcable for as a sex object unless he is a scumbag. Its not the same as friendship.
>>
>>17778927
You have a point, but jesus christ does your browser not have spellcheck?
>>
>>17778930
Posting from a phone i have big fingers and a small phone.
>>
>>17778261
You want male attention but don't want to hold up your side of the bargain.
It's very transparent.
>>
>>17778927

Are you saying in the coworker role, they are not inclined to feel sexual? They can. They also just keep it on the professional level.

My point is, it's not as black and white where you think that two single people of the opposite sex hanging out must mean they are sexual attractive to each other.
>>
>>17778261
you are complaining that the sky is blue. every male that is straight will wanna fuck you or be more intimate if you get along and arent ugly. thats how it is. of course the beta ones will deny it but its true. (im male and dont lead close friendships with females)
>>
>>17778935
I am sorry to spoil your world view but men and women just can not be friends. Its not how nature works. If your bf ever tells you he and some woman he is spending time with are just friends he is lying to you.
>>
>>17778939
Have you ever heard of the phrase "don't shit where you eat"? It's meant for literally occasions such as this, because getting emotionally involved in the workplace is a surefire way to fuck something up royally.

And it's such a common phrase, precisely because people have tried it in the past and fucked their shit up.
>>
>>17778442
>Finally I confessed to him and he sweetly touched my face and said he was sorry he sees me like a goodlooking bitch sister.
BAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sweet revenge for all the guys friendzoned by their female besties
>>
>>17778939
Try it it will result in one or the other developing feelings. Men avoid this with coworkers so they dont end up getting fired. Work place romances are a big no no.
>>
>>17778948
But that proves women and men don't always have to be sexual to hang out and fulfill a common goal.

It's a bit childish to think that a boy and a girl alone means they must be trying to fuck. I mean it's likely and probably so, but it's such a childish assumpttion that should stop when you get your first job or something.
>>
>>17778958
99.99% of the time a single man and woman will end up in one or the other developing feelings. The other .01 is either he is gay or a beta loser with no self esteem. Trust me work relations with women are just that working to a common goal and avoiding small talk. Men are not complex creatures we want a female bestie that we can have sex with all other needs we can meet ourselves or with our guy friends.
>>
It's these threads that remind me that 4chan is mostly full of A) Virgins B) Low-worth males C) Teenagers.

Everyone's worldview and dynamic is built from being so young and thinking they "understand" the world. But really, it's a bunch of guys who put the pussy on a pedestal and are afraid of girls that can't have female friends.

Anyways, OP... sorry to hear about this, but it is probably better that your "friend" was honest with you. Try to find groups of people where guys are also cool with girls and it's all one of those relaxing things where everyone's each others' good pal.
>>
>>17778965

Men are complex creatures. Just because you aren't, doesn't mean that the rest of us aren't.

Suck it, buddy.
>>
>>17778965

I mean that's the likely case, I just don't like how you generalize that men and women cannot be in a platonic relationship in any capacity, which is untrue given that they can set aside their sexuality and work a common goal.
>>
>>17778977
Belive what you like but in 37 years every man I know whobtried to be friends with a woman has ended their friendship in only two ways. Sex or heartbreak.
>>
What exactly is it about male friendship that you crave so much? Explain it to me.
>>
>>17778998

In 30 years I've known a ton of people who have continued long and wonderful friendships with the opposite sex without having to fuck or be sad.

Such is life when you're well adjusted and have romantic options outside of your oneitis.
>>
>>17779016
Penis
>>
Idk, i'm super good friends with a girl who is a friend's Ex. We became friends when they were dating, and we're still close friends now without any romantic interest in each other. We just have great conversations whenever we hang. I enjoy having a close female friend (it's can be a pretty good resource) and I think she enjoys having a male friend who isn't trying to stick his dick in her. Its really not hard for me to have platonic friendships with the opposite sex, but only if they're interesting people.
>>
>>17779020
This is what I expected. Thankyou tripfag trashball.
>>
File: 1463982064977.jpg (104KB, 736x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1463982064977.jpg
104KB, 736x1008px
>>17779019
>such is life when you're a woman

ftfy
>>
>>17778980
Because that is for work. Work is not the same as friendship. It is to meet a goal. If you took the goal out of the equasion it would result in one or the other developing feelings. Men can work with women because they need to work to have purpose and a goal. Work relationships require men to not develp emotional ties.
>>
>>17778639
>Most girl cant take bants, they cant compete in their team sports, rarely care for video games or cars
i generally agree. the girls i know are either:
a) dumb
b) too emotional for calm political discussions
c) not funny
d) too mainstream (e.g. its "weird" when i talk about 4chan or whatever)
e) cant take banter
f) too political correct (with belongs in the humor department)
>>
>>17779020
/thread women just dont understand men at all anymore its sad.
>>
not reading all of this thread but here's the deal

one single person, both at least moderately decent looking, both get along really well. what do you think happens OP? why does being single, finding someone you get along with and want to explore more with a bad thing?
>>
It's almost funny how much simply being an average looking female warps your view of the world.
>>
>>17779019
How many of those men are gay or married? How many of the females are married?
>>
>>17779049
It's just women who want boys to pay attention to them without having to give anything back.

This crying for the mythical male friend is the worst kind of selfish validation seeking.
>>
>>17779059
Bingo! Give this anon a cookie.
>>
>>17779055

I wasn't counting gay men. There's no point for this argument. Some are married, plenty aren't.

I'm not married or gay and have three VERY close female friends, and countless female friends that I'm generally close with but don't see/talk to every week like I do those three. Many who are very attractive.

As I've said a million times on this board, being actual, genuine friends with someone, exposes you to the shitty side of them that you know you couldn't deal with in a relationship. It's wonderful to banter, watch the game, have a beer, talk politics, whatever, but I get the benefit of seeing the stupid shit they've done that I'd never want to be around in a relationship. I can tell them to go fuck off and go do my own thing, instead of sitting around and trying to repair it, because I'm not living with them or fucking them.

The kind of girl I want to date is totally different than my best chick friends.
>>
>>17778261
>I never make a hint or give hope or something
This is the thing though. I know for a fact that you actually do just that, and a lot. I'm not blaming you on this, but "making a hint" or "giving hope" or "something" are things that can happen very easily.
>>
>>17778261
I can think of only two female friends I've had that didn't try to fuck me. All the others, only reason they hung around was believing they would get their shot. Talking about snippy, snappy vaginas. One night two girls show up at the same time, ostensibly friends but they spend the evening primping and bitching about the other but when I told them to let themselves out and went to bed both crawled in bed with me and each tried to push the other out. I Fucked one while the other sat on the floor and cried. Friends with women my ass.
>>
>>17778261
Question for the females in this thread:

How would you feel if your closest male friend made an advance on you?

Has this ever happened to you?
>>
>>17778261
I befriend girls that i have no sexual attraction to....but i know many dudes who don't see the benefits of it.

Befriending girls gives you more access to girls. Plus, networking in general is just good for opportunities. I know some boss bitches who got some of my friends hired in a job.
>>
>>17779082
Totally heartbroken. Our friendship is one of the things I care about most and it would be terrible to lose him.
It never happened to me, I can tell when a guy is attracted to me and when a guy isn't. I don't befriend guys who want to fuck me.
I had two long term, very close friendships with guys.
>>
>>17779106
Every guy wants to fuck you unless you're ugly

lmao
>>
>>17779108
Yes, yes.
>>
>>17778261
If bitches could feel love, they'd understand.

Being friends with someone you love sucks.
Friends often tell each other shit. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's a big part of being friends.
So you're friends with a guy who's in love with you, you talk about your relationships.

Here is what you say;
>OMG my boyfriend is being such a dick right now, telling me I can't go out with my girl friends for a night out, he's so controlling.
What he hears:
>AND HE'S STILL BETTER THAN YOU.

What you say;
>OMG I can't believe he actually hit me.
What he hears;
>BUT AT LEAST HE AINT A CREEP LIKE YOU.

What you say:
>OMG he cheated on me
What he hears;
>BUT AT LEAST I'M NOT FUCKING YOU.

Every bad date you have, every time you give some fucking scumbag a chance, but he's off-limits because you suddenly have standards?
It's an insult to the poor bastard, and he's better off spending time with someone who actually fucking likes him and will give him a fucking chance.

Bitch, men aint machines you put friendliness" into and get "friendliness" out of. You either choose to be friendly or you choose to be a cunt, but you don't get to control how people react to that. And you bitches call us entitled.
>>
>>17778261
He, like all men that do this, are probably shitty people to begin with. That's not to say there aren't straight men who can be friends without the need to fuck you.
>>
>>17778977
>doesn't mean that the rest of us aren
fuck off beta boy
>>
>>17779143

All of this projection over here.

"I have nothing to offer but the fact that I'll let you do whatever you want, won't hit you, and won't ever make you think that anyone is more of a special snowflake than you, as long as you cuddle me and satisfy my mommy issues."

That's what this post says.
>>
>>17779115
>Yes, yes.
he is right though
>>
>>17779178

>"I have nothing to offer
Neither do wife beaters, cheaters, druggies, jail-cunts, general all-round assholes and pricks. It's not about what you offer, I thought women weren't machines you put stuff into and got sex or love out of?
What the fuck mate, are you sexist or some shit.

>he fact that I'll let you do whatever you want, won't hit you, and won't ever make you think that anyone is more of a special snowflake than you, as long as you cuddle me and satisfy my mommy issues."

That's an extreme. Fucking shit, it's not "either you back-hand a cunt when she talks back or your a beta bitch pussy". There's being standing up for yourself and then there is just being an asshole.

My point is, every asshole she complains about to her "friend", she still clearly values the asshole more. Ergo, in her opinion the asshole is superior to the "friend".

Why should anyone, man or woman, be "friends" with someone who values them so little?

He aint a friend, he's a tool being used by the woman to feel good. A goddamn emotional tampon.
>>
>>17779188
He isn't.
Two good looking people can be friends without dying to fuck each other.
The idea that you cannot be relatively close to someone without getting sexual with them is ridiculous.
>>
File: 1444265376486.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444265376486.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>17779223
t. ugly girl
>>
>>17779203

No, the whole point is that you're being her "friend" imagining that she's sitting there tabulating who she's gonna date or fuck like it's some checklist or fucking general ledger she's gotta balance out. It doesn't work that way.

Just because you're willing to fuck any girl because she fills your imaginary wishlist of what you think a girlfriend should be, doesn't mean it's sensible for that relationship to continue. Your "oh, I'd never do that to YOU, you can trust ME," bullshit is hugely transparent. You don't even know who you really are because you're so convinced you have to compete against this other person or the field.

Your shitty examples of bad parts of a relationship aside, maybe there's a lot of other fun, interesting shit that this dude does for her that you don't do, because you're busy just fucking around and existing as someone perfectly harmless and boring.
>>
>>17778786
>a guy and a girl at a bar are probably on a date and will inherently discourage other potential suitors from interacting with them.

I swear it's the opposite; girls become way more interested in you when they feel another girl has validated you
>>
>>17779223

no you really don't understand. if a chick is hot, and single, the dude wants to dick her. i'm not saying her friendship couldn't be valued on that alone. i'm saying, if a hot chick went to her single friend who was also attractive, and asked him, "do you want to fuck me?" he would.
>>
>>17779255

This isn't fucking true at all, but enjoy your virgin fantasies.
>>
>>17778261
I'm not going to fucking stay if being around you makes me miserable. End of story.
>>
File: 1347799615139.png (42KB, 1585x1527px)
1347799615139.png
42KB, 1585x1527px
>>17779267

>only virgins think the average man would gladly fuck a hot woman no-strings attached
>>
>>17779301

I'm not saying that at all, of course fucking a hot girl no-strings attached would be amazing, and barring some kind of major thing that had to hold me back, I'd do it.

But fucking your friend is NOT no strings attached. There's feelings, there's someone to make jealous, there's that look you'll give each other later after all of that... it's the reality of this situation, you can't just bang if you have a previous friendship.
>>
>>17779307
lmao

I'd fuck any of my female friends cause they're hot
>>
>>17779307

so sex implies a deeper connection, and women like OP wonder why men feel dejected when shes like "nah man." how's that a virgin fantasy? it's a hypothetical faggot, not something i conjured because it made me want to beat off.
>>
>>17778497
The issue is that this takes a lengthy and difficult process of willful mental conditioning. Part of this means STAYING THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER for a while. Women seem to take offense to it for some reason. Seriously, how am I supposed to just be your friend if my heart rate still doubles every time I see you? I have to fix that shit first and it's not an overnight job.
>>
>>17779307

>"friendship"
>with hot girl
>implying literally any man ever wouldnt fantasize about fucking her multiple times times
>has the opportunity to do so
>the GUY is the one who stops it because of "emotions" and "it will be complicated"

Come on.
>>
>>17778638
G R O U P S
R
O
U
P
S

Why are you hanging out with people 1on1 all the time? Squad the fuck up. Harder for anything to happen wrong.
>>
>>17779313

Pegasus, let's not kid, you don't have any friends.

>>17779314
Nah, sex implies for most guys, "I want to get my dick wet," and means less than they actually think it does. Sex can easily be perfectly meaningless, but once you have any kind of a friendship/connection with someone that exists outside of that FWB arrangement, it's no longer meaningless. As a guy, I don't feel "dejected" when someone doesn't want to suck my dick. Disappointed? Maybe. But I'm a big boy, I'll live.

>>17779317
Again, this comment is probably from someone who just wants anyone to fuck him. As someone who can go out and go have sex within a couple of days with just a little bit of effort, I don't give a fuck. I don't want to deal with a girl that I actually enjoy being around, who is going to question why I don't want to be in a relationship, why I "used" her, complain about me to people, and generally make my life more complex and something I have to waste my energy on. As she's actually my friend, I don't want to add any complexities to it when I can bang equally cute girls.
>>
>>17779324

This is so right. This is why I know people with friends that are girls that don't have to fuck all the time. We're all out as a big group doing our own thing. Yeah, sometimes people bang, but it's not like there's one guy just hanging out with one girl all the time playing vidya, just the two of them. Maybe sometimes, but...still?
>>
>>17778261
>Do I have to be friends only with guys who have a gf or a wife? Why is it something complicated to make a true friendship with a person with vagina?

No, more than likely it has to do with your age. Guys from 18-27 are horny mf, and it is truly unfortunate that most have a hard time developing friendship with girls. In time they will mature and you can find guys who are purely friends despite what most people on here and Hollywood says.
>>
File: 1352476893805.png (192KB, 278x323px)
1352476893805.png
192KB, 278x323px
>>17779343

Well, not everyone can have a constant supply of hot girls jumping on his dick like you do.
All bow down to the stud on 4chan!
>>
>>17778261

Does anyone have that screencap of the drunk anon explaining why guys don't hang out with girls because they aren't as engaging as a male friend unless they're offering their vagina?

OP, do you even care for what makes that guy happy, or do you just like the attention he gives you? Because it's certainly not because you want to just spend time with him if you aren't romantically invested. It's highly likely you aren't even interested in what he enjoys.
>>
>>17779358

It's not like I have a constant supply of gorgeous women, but come on, if you want to bag some skeeze at the bar, it's not that hard.

And I like 4chan, don't judge.
>>
>>17778261
i think that guy doesnt view girls as friend material rather sex material. your whole friendship was a lie.
>>
>>17779378

Even ultra-succesful men like Bill Cinton or Schwarzenegger cant keep their dick in their pants for pretty meh women, knowing what horrible consequences it might have.

Now take an average guy who gets to have sex with s HOT woman with much less negative consequences - and HE should be the one to say no? Maybe you can, most wont.
>>
>>17778285
>cucked or gay
>>
>>17778261
If you can't date a friend, you probably either have terrible friends or base your relationships on sex.
Personally, I'd only date a girl if we were friends of some kind beforehand.
>>
>>17779352
I literally almost never hang out with anyone 1 on 1, ever. I've only done that in the past several years with either a, my best friend, or b, a friend I've had for almost 20 years. Everyone else? There's always at least one other person. I don't do it on purpose, that's just how I end up interacting with people.
>>
>>17779081
Yeah fuckin right. Pass up a threesome... Said nobody ever.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.