[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my gf is everything that I want and need in a girl. Still,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1478979104169.jpg (83KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1478979104169.jpg
83KB, 653x490px
So my gf is everything that I want and need in a girl. Still, I don't truly love her anymore.

She deserves love better than anyone, and I would also like to keep this relationship going.

How do I make myself love her again?
>>
>>17778081

Have you actually loved her? Or do you just feel like you should? If you've just drifted apart, what might work is to do things people in early relationships do; go on dates, spend time together, do exciting things and have lots of sex and try new things in bed too. That in some cases work. However, just because she seems like your ideal girl now, doesn't necessarily mean she is. Not all relationships last, even if they seem "good", and dragging it on might just make things worse. There might be someone better suited out there for both of you.
>>
>>17778081
End it
>>
>>17778109
>Have you actually loved her?
I have, we've been together for good 3 years

We live far apart right know (and will continue for the next year), because of college/work, so we can't really spend a lot of time together.

>dragging it on might just make things worse
Maybe. I'm just afraid of letting everything we build together go. I'm also afraid of being alone.

Anyway, thank you for the advice
>>
OP here

I'm afraid breaking up might led her into giving up her studies. In case I actually do it, how do I avoid this?
>>
>>17778118
>We live far apart

This sort of explains why you feel this way. For a relationship to feel close and loving some level of intimacy and actual touching is needed, because that's how humans work. Touching releases hormones like oxytocin and dopamine that are needed for that feeling of loving someone. Either you need to arrange more time together or just try to hang on with the knowledge that the relationship is worth it some time in the future. LDR are always challenging, so you shouldn't feel bad for feeling this way. It happens for reasons that are beyond just human logic.
>>
>>17778126

Say something like you're proud of where she's headed in life right now, but that you don't think your relationship will be one of those things
>>
>>17778081
>>17778118
It's normal for love to wear and fade as time goes by.
A relationship that is a good fit should feel like being with and having sex with your best friend, but maintaining the spark and attraction over a long distance rarely works out well in the end - every romantic relationship has a minimum requirement for physical closeness and intimacy, because this is when the brain releases chemicals which fuel the bond partners feel for each other (more so for women than men, but it does apply to both genders).
>>
Fake it till you make it. And fake it thoroughly. Play the part of the romantic, doting boyfriend. Touch her a lot. Force yourself to notice the little details like where she has a freckle on her body, the little smile she has while reading, the shadow her eyelashes cast on her face. Hype yourself up for sex with her and do everything you can to make it into a passionate experience every time. When you notice yourself picking on unimportant details about her you find annoying or unattractive, distract yourself as soon as you realize you're doing it. Whenever she does something sweet for you, deliberately notice it and point it out to yourself - "I love how attentive she is", "it's so cute that she always remembers the details of the stories I told her", "she makes me feel like I could tell her anything and she wouldn't judge".

If this doesn't land any concrete improvement after ~two months, I'd just accept it's doomed.
>>
>>17778081
What is love?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.