[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question. Are ugly people not considered equal / human?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: 004.jpg (792KB, 1693x2500px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
792KB, 1693x2500px
I have been treated poorly my whole life at this point. Father hated me and threw insults at me, mother was always ashamed and used me as a "pity me" in her family. I spent a long time trying to understand why I was treated poorly. So I ended up working on my own behavior alot. Over time I noticed I was never mean or rude, actually I am incredibly nice and gentle.

I am currently working for this Jewish Irish woman, I am starting to realize that how I was treated was never my fault anyways. This woman that I work for clearly favors other kids who are good looking.

I was late to work once by 1 minute, she marked me four minutes late. Then there's this kid Greg who always shows up late but never gets marked anything. Gregg also goes off for an hr+ time for lunch break but never has anything said to him.

Then there's Liam. Also good looking. When he shows up, I've had multiple hours stolen from me and being given to him (while I am still at work).
I went to a bathroom once for 10 minutes and my boss was like "Don't tell me you took that long in the bathroom". She does many other things that are quite literally meant to take a stab at me. Like she would ask me to clean garbage etc which I know for a fact that she purposely threw around.

People actively hate me for being ugly man it's fucking annoying how unfair the world is. It's like i did something wrong to them by being born.
>>
It isn't because you're ugly, you're probably just more incompetent and less pleasant than you think.
>>
>>17777450
>that ugly kid who browses 4chan and hates other kids

lol you are a stereotype OP.
>>
>>17777450
Chances are overwhelming that it is not your looks that make you a designated victim.

Unfortunately, not everyone who makes a baby is a good parent, and your were particularly insidious in convincing you you were ugly.

Because of that you unconsciously walk around with body language or facial expression or way of interacting that broadcasts "I am the designated victim. Abuse me as you wish."

Change that, and you change the way people treat you, which in fact has very little to do with your looks.
>>
>>17777450
Beautiful people are treated in better manner and are more successful.
Statistics say this.
>>
>>17777450

You were in an awful family unit, and I'm sorry for that. I really wish people didn't have to deal with that shit.

But it's not about you being ugly. It's your attitude. You come off as bitter, jealous, and playing the victim. You also seems to overestimate your abilities. You say you are "incredibly nice and gentle." but that doesn't come off your writing at all.

So take a good look at yourself before blaming others.
>>
I'm an ugly guy too. I totally think I'm treated poorly because of it. Never mind getting no interest from women. People usually aren't even polite to me. One of the things that really gets to me is when I'm at a store and try to exchange pleasantries the cashier won't even respond. They just ignore me. If I ask someone how it's going and they don't even respond it always makes me feel like a piece of shit. It happens with men and women so it not just girls not wanting me to think they are interested. I don't hate on anyone that is good looking. I think it's just human nature. People gravitate towards good looking people.
>>
>>17777483

I feel your pain, but OP has clearly other problems. Don't enable him.
>>
why don't you try and improve your looks?

such as lose weight and put on muscle?
>>
>>17777513
Fixing ugly face isn't that simple.
>>
>>17777519
Agree, making yourself into a butterface will do little to help.
>>
>>17777456
This
>>17777464
This
>>17777474
This

Do yourself a favor and realize it now. It's not 'fair' but it's the issue you need to sort out to improve your life.
>>
I agree with OP and people who say things like "it's probably your attitude" are the reason why it's a fucking hell of a condition to live with, because people refuse to acknowledge that there's one standard for good-looking people and other for ugly-looking people, or at least they refuse to acknowledge to degree in which it exists. It's almost like you have no right to complain.
>>
>>17777574

Read what he writes. His parents did a number on him. He is bitter, jealous, and probably a teen (we are not so dumb, we noticed).

Maybe ge is ugly and that's part of the problem. But I bet my ass he doesn't make an effort because he is convinced everyone hates him and there's nothing he can do about that. He is already starting with a bad attitude, and people respond to that.
>>
>>17777574
You want real advice? Stop going on /r9k/. You're just regurgitating their toxic bile.
>>
>>17777483
You're describing my life.

Not to mention friends acting like there's a hierarchy between you and them, and that they're kind of doing you a favor by hanging out with you.
>>
>>17777578
People who are bitter are not automatically wrong. You not supposed to face unfair treatment with a smile and a positive attitude.

And the fact he might be a teen also means nothing. Some of the shit you face when you're young will follow you for life. Sorry to break it to you, but not everyone will magically turn into a regular person at 25.
>>
>>17777581

Then they are not your friends. Sorry if I sound like a mom, but it's true. People that hang out with you but clearly reject you are not friends.
>>
>>17777574
I am very ugly person and I used to think like you. The thing is, as long as you can compensate with skill, personality and money, you can be seen as valuable. You basically go from ugly to 'interesting'. Ugly rock stars get girls because of their music, ugly scholars look 'distinguished', ugly painters look 'eccentric'. It's about the whole package not just the ugly.

Yes an ugly person have to compensate but it's not a death sentence. As long as you're a man, that is. Ugly women are doomed.
>>
>>17777580
That's the beauty of the internet, people will connect over a common condition and try to articulate their complaints with whatever social value or system has imposed it upon them. Dismiss it as tumblr, as r9k, as reddit or as whatever you want, but the days of pretending everyone has a fair shot as long as they keep a positive mindset are over. You'll have to learn to listen to people, what a tragedy.
>>
>>17777585
You're right, but unfortunately pride in these situations might get you into a lonely ass place. When you're dealt a bad hand in life you don't get to impose your terms on others, you accept what you get.
>>
>>17777584

My pint is he is young. He is mad and is still trying to find himself. Encouraging him to blame his face for all his problems is an easy way out.

Also, I'm not saying he is wrong for being bitter. I'm saying people don't like him because of that. Again, maybe he is ugly as sin. He cab't fix that. But he can work on his attitude.
>>
>>17777589
>the days of pretending everyone has a fair shot as long as they keep a positive mindset are over
This doesn't exist outside of disney. You ameribabies are coddled way too much.
>>
>>17777589
/r9k/ is an echo chamber of negativity where losers go to seek validation for their bitterness. It just reinforces their disconnect from reality.
>>
>>17777591

You don't have to impose anything on others. You can walk away and meet new people. What's worse: being alone, or with people that hurt you?

And if you choose to stay, remember it was yout choice and you can leave if you want.
>>
>>17777589

So you admit they have a bad attitude. Doesn't mattet if justified or not, it's still a bad attitude. And people don't want to deal with assholes unless they have to.

So become rich anf important or work in your shit attitude. Or be alone, I guess.
>>
>>17777587
I'd be more than happy to pick up a "stiff upper lip" attitude if this was 1930 and that was the general rule. However, since we are in the age of everyone being all sensitive, of tell-me-your-problems, of therapy, of trying to fix or undo social hierarchies that are deemed unfair or baseless (and yes, baseless, anyone reading this who wants to drop some bro evolutionary psychology keep it to yourself) I wonder why we don't get to voice our problems as well.

And I mean that about everything looks-related. I'm tall (1,90m) but I'd like society to be more aware of how badly it treats short men. Or how badly it sees balding people. "Beauty standards" are being deconstructed when it comes only to things you can actually fix, like weigh or body hair, which is fucking hilarious.
>>
Anyone saying that ugly people aren't treated differently is lying to themself. It is a well known but not accepted truth that people will be nicer to those they find good looking/pretty in general, even if they won't get anything from them in return.
>>
>>17777592
I'm alright with telling someone to repress negative feelings and negative attitudes, we all do that anyway. But I also want people to be free to voice the cause behind it, since it's good for you to let it out and the only way to make people understand and question their views imo.

I'm not telling OP that because we're ugly we should be cunts all day until we have state-sponsored plastic surgery. But we have to be honest and it's not wrong to expect others to be honest too.
>>
>>17777594
It definitely exists, it's characteristic of our society that is addicted to self-help but dismissive of the idea of social structures, and I'm in fucking Brazil so it's anything but exclusive to americans.
>>
>>17777601
>I wonder why we don't get to voice our problems as well.
Everyone knows these things and nobody cares. It's ridiculous to expect compensation for something as generic as ugly looks (it accounts for most people), especially when 80% of all ugly people can improve themselves immensely by doing hygiene and fashion overhaul.
>>
>>17777610

Great. Is is honest to hide he sounds like a douche?

Any person that doesn't fit in the "beauty" box in their society has to work extra hard. We all know that. We can bitch about it, or we can work on it.

Become someone worth knowing not because of you face, but because of your skills, your personality, your knowledge, etc.

Is that a lie? Or is this true?
>>
>>17777598
>You don't have to impose anything on others. You can walk away and meet new people.

You can't walk away from what's virtually an universal social standard. I've cut contacts with people in my life again and again, dropped and found new friends, did so as my personality itself changed and I always find myself in the same position. I'm sure OP can second this.

The only way you can walk out of this is to move to places where people are uglier and uglier until you're the best looking guy in rural Eritrea.

>So become rich anf important or work in your shit attitude. Or be alone, I guess.

I'm going the plastic surgery route first, but yeah getting rich and living in a castle by myself is definitely a goal
>>
I know it's unfair. Life definitely doesn't give everyone equal tools and talents, some people are way more fucked than others.
I wish you luck in becoming a succesful ugly person like JJ Abrams for example.
This, assuming you really are that ugly. There's always someone uglier.

Btw, ugliness is often related to style and fashion sense. Many fashion models are not pretty in the standard way but that's what makes them unique and how they stand out, especially if they dress fine.
Also, try your best to be a nice person, ignore the insults, you know you are better than them anyway.
>>
>>17777623

How old are you? How many times did you start your life over again?
>>
>>17777620
OP, me and others ITT sound like douches because this is 4chan and we're anonymous, so we can let our real feelings out. I'm sure he doesn't walk around yelling I'M UGLY to random people, so there's no point in giving people here fucking etiquette tips.

And every ugly person knows very well how to have two personalities. Your public self is never anything like your private self. No one wants to hang out with an ugly person that is bitter and miserable, we know that from experience, you're being redundant.
>>
>>17777614
>I'm in fucking Brazil
Upper and middle classes in third world countries are the most delusional of all. I guess that's needed to ignore the blatant poverty dominating most of their country.
>>
>>17777635

You think people can't tell? You really think personality is a mask that you put on an it covers what you feel and think conpletely?

It always shows. The jealousy. The insecurities. It shows. Having a few of them is not bad, we all have. But when you let yours fester and grow people will shun you for it. People can tell about your real persona, mate.
>>
OP here. I don't think it's my attitude. Yesterday I told her there was a staple pin stuck in carpet and it could hurt someone, and that i needed pliers to take it out. Instead, she hands me a broken stapler and tells me to fix it, saying no one has been able to fix that before. I ask her wtf to do about the staple in the carpet, she tells me "who cares". Bitch is a total sociopath. My question is why does she target me for her sociopathy and not the others..

There is not much to do with attitude at the place I work. I am saying I am "nice" because the whole reason why I am working at that library is to become good with people. When someone asks me for help I guide them quite abit.

It doesn't end there. She and people in general often don't even let me finish what I am saying. They then assume something, and then based on that assumption they assume I don't know what I am talking about, they then say stupid things like "Oh do this or that". I am literally being pushed into a mold where I have to pretend to be stupid to fit in that mold.
>>
>>17777629
I never started my life over, the part about moving to a new place was a joke. But I have decided cut all contact with certain groups of people several times.

I've always lived in the same place, I see people I studied or worked with who treated me like shit (despite initially being friendly towards me) almost everyday, I just pretend they don't exist.

I'm 27.
>>
OP here. I don't think it's my attitude man. Yesterday I told her there was a staple pin stuck in the library carpet, and it could hurt someone, and that i needed pliers to take it out.

Instead, she hands me a broken stapler and tells me to fix it, saying no one has been able to fix that before. I ask her wtf to do about the staple in the carpet, she tells me "who cares". Bitch is a total sociopath. My question is why does she target me for her sociopathy and not the others. She hides it from them.

There is not much to do with attitude at the place I work. I am saying I am "nice" because the whole reason why I am working at that library is to become good with people. When someone asks me for help, I guide them quite abit and I go the extra mile in terms of customer service. People leave my desk happy.

It's just alot of the people in authority man. She and people in general often don't even let me finish what I am saying. They then assume something, and then based on that assumption, they assume I don't know what I am talking about, they then say stupid things like "Oh do this or that". I am literally being pushed into a mold where I have to pretend to be stupid to fit in that mold.
>>
Also, you guys ignored the fact that the other kids have an attitude far worse than mine. The guy who is constantly given my hours sit there with headphones on and a "fuck off" face to the students. I sit there attentively.
>>
>>17777645

Reaf the Anon above talking about preseting yourself as a victim. I'm on phone so I can't link to it.

But basically, everyone repeats the relationships they learn at home. You put yourself in that place because that's how you feel.

A bunch of weirdos online can't solve that for you. Introspection and maybe some professional help are what you need.
>>
>>17777639
>Upper and middle classes in third world countries

lmao I work in a shop

But let me guess: since you had a negative attitude towards americans, I assume you're one of those western europeans who are privileged and sheltered af but love shitting on americans for being slightly more privileged and sheltered, and you think the only people outside EU-US who speak english and have internet access are like the modern equivalent of a colonial slave owner, despite that iself being a reflection of how out of touch and delusional you are, am I correct?
>>
>>17777643
You give people a lot of credit for something that is naturall observed.

Show them an anxious face and rounded shoulders and they'll see your anxiety and insecurity. There is no way to tell of your personality from those alone.
>>
>>17777648

So you still have a constabt reminder of the attitude. You still move in the sama places you did before. You still feel as you did before.

And you think you can drastically change your personality like that?
>>
OP here. Forgot to mention I am very mascular and athletic, at the university I transferred from, I was the fastest kid on the track team.
>>
>>17777663

Let's say you aee jealous of better looking people. How long do you think it takes for people around you to notice you are unconfortable around the pretty people? How long until they can tell you are too insecure to lead a conversation because you have low self esteem?

That's what we can tell. Not a deep psychological analysis, just the broad strokes of you personality.
>>
>>17777643
If it shows or not is being my control and beyong how much of a fuck I give. I'm not going to shrink and positive-attitude my experiences away from my personality because that's who I am and that's the inevitable outcome of some of the lessons I've learned.

The way I see it, society can be a very self-regulating mechanism in the sense that those who are unfairly treated badly will not flinch away from the reality because that's what it takes to change it. I think the way we treat unattractive people comes from social conditioning, so I'm not going to just be captain positive weakchin and pretend everything is cool.

I'm not a cunt to everyone just because of it, and I don't do anything to others until they do something to me. That's more than enough.
>>
>>17777661
>lmao I work in a shop
Love how you didn't mention a thing about your family or income. One of the richest men in my country describes himself the exact same way.

>But let me guess: since you had a negative attitude towards americans
What are you going on about now? Did you mistake threads or something?
>>
File: jaw.jpg (181KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
jaw.jpg
181KB, 1000x666px
Who /plastic surgery/ here?

I spent years fighting the idea because on a very intuitive level I thought it was "dishonest". Now of course idgaf, and I'm saving for a nose job and a chin implant.
>>
>>17777680

You say you are not a cunt to people without reason and maybe it's true.

You also say you won't fix anything abot your personality because that's who you are, so I'm sure you woldn't mind being a cunt.

If you really make an effort and people still shun you then I'm sorry. I really am and I wish you better luck. But if you are so unwilling to compromise, I'm not sure you made that effort.
>>
>pic related amigo
>>
>>17777581
>acting like there's a hierarchy between you and them

There is. Social hierarchy is a thing that exists, and it's easy to observe in a small sample. Have you ever been in a group of people, telling a story, and some other fucker starts telling a story and everyone listens to him instead? He just usurped your place as the center of the group's attention, which is why it pissed you off. Some people will trend towards being the center of a group's attention more often, possibly permenantly, meaning that you'll be lower than them on the totem pole most of the time. If you don't like that, strive to become a more dominant person.
>>
>>17777677

I mean, its easy to judge someone from what we see, but its whole nother thing to assume their personality from it.

Look at this way, you see an ugly old man every day on your way to work, he never seems to talk to anyone and he seems cold.

all of a sudden, you seem with him his grandaughter and he's a completely different person.

All I'm saying is that, yes, body language is important. But do not make final and absolute judgements. Ultimately, we do do that in some cases but its a bias that should be eliminated. We can open up and understand more if we have less assumptions about everything.
>>
>>17777685
I assumed you were the guy who said "ameribabies". I didn't realise there were people autistic enough here to just jump into a conversation out of nowhere and call someone upper class.

>Love how you didn't mention a thing about your family or income. One of the richest men in my country describes himself the exact same way.

Oh damn it to piss you got me, I work in a jewelry store that my family owns, and it's just one of many throughout the world.
>>
>>17777702

A few weekends ago that happened to me. You know what happened afterwards? One of the people at the table turned to me and asked me: "You were saying?"

Social dynamics are fluid and it's not either alpha or beta, dominant or dominated. Find a group with a rhythm you like and have fun.
>>
>>17777713
>I work in a jewelry store that my family owns
>Born into jewelry business
>"I'm not privileged"
Fucking lol
>>
>>17777704

But my point is he is jealous and bittercwhen interacting with people he finds "attractive". I don't care if he is a good parent, that won't solve his problem right now at his job. He needs to work on that.
>>
>>17777715
>continuing the story after the moment is gone

Nah, but a nice gesture on your friend's part. I actually think the way we interact with one another is the most interesting thing about us flesh machines. We can feel the balance of power on an emotional level, through intuition, and have a preconceived notion of how much of that social power we should control - when we have less of it than we think we should, we get distressed. Neat. I wonder how all that works, on a neurological level
>>
>>17777727

Ever the disappointed, aren't you? If social interaction is only "right" your way, then you are the one with the problem.
>>
>>17777759
you;re average

and your problem is entirely mental
>>
>>17777747
I'm fairly content in my life, actually, and I came to terms with my expectations of reality vs actual reality ages ago. I'm not sure where you're drawing your conclusions from.

>>17777759
You look fine. Whatever the issue, it's not your looks.
>>
>>17777759

Don't fish for compliments like a Facebook teen. If that's really your face, then it's your attitude. That's an average face.
>>
>>17777772
It isn't what it is
>>
7 get
>>
You are all going to be okay
>>
>>17777771
>off by one

>>17777775
kys
>>
>>17777759
You aren't ugly but you have a deviant look to you that probably irritates people and puts them on guard.
>>
>>17777771

Awesome post number.

Anyway, be careful that you don't need to fit what happens into what you decided life is like.

Say something interesting or something people want to hear about and they'll listen to you even if you are no handsome.

As I said a thousand times. Handsome people have and advantage. If you accept that and give up you lose. If you accept that and work on other aspects of yourself you will get shit done.
>>
File: 1462431077020.jpg (56KB, 736x492px) Image search: [Google]
1462431077020.jpg
56KB, 736x492px
>>17777791
>Awesome post number.
newfag detected
>>
>>17777759
Christ, you're bitching about being ugly? Look at this guy. Imagine what life would be like if you looked like this fucking guy. Hell, truly. People couldn't look you in the face, because it would disgust them. They'd avoid you out of pure self preservation for their sensibilities, and not even take personality into account.

Here's my armchair analysis: you had shitty parents which gave you deep seated insecurities over how you look. This led to a stunted social development, where you acted inferior (due to your insecurity) leading others to regard you as inferior, which led to your insecurities being reinforced in an endless cycle that continues to this day. Remember: how you percieve yourself makes little difference in how others percieve you, all that matters is how they interpret your actions.
>>
>>17777802
Forgot my image like a gay retard
>>
All the retards ITT are really funny talking about "making yourself a victim" and similar bullshit.

It's just unacceptable that ugly people get treated differently than attractive people.
>>
>>17777759
>>17777772

hahahaha I remember, this guy posted some time ago about how men are hostile towards him and women like him, fishing for compliments
http://archive.4plebs.org/adv/thread/17535084/#q17535357
>I don't get why the average male hates me so much
>Women on the other hand? completely opposite

http://archive.4plebs.org/adv/thread/17590532/

Now it looks like he had a new theory that men and women treat him differently because he's ugly

It is hilarious what being disillusioned about his look did to his mind.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.