[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any genuine ways to get over depression? Id like to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Is there any genuine ways to get over depression? Id like to feel like a person again. Does anyone else feel out of their skin? As if life isnt real, times flying way to fast, and you feel yourself lifting as if you are about to die, realise this, and then sink and feel as if youve been awake 48 hours? I cant really eat. Before the not eating period i couldnt keep food down.
>>
Is what im feeling even depression? I dont want to self diagnose. But im also poor and cant afford a actual therapist/counselor.
>>
>>17777136

>Get over
That's.... not how it works, but arright, not going to nitpick.

You, my man, need to start exercising. I know, it's weird, but you need to get your adrenaline and testosterone levels UP UP UP. Adrenaline, cos it helps counter insulin (or was the insulin counter, never could remember...) and testosterone, cos it's important for the entire metabolic rate. Also, the seratonin might help.

Do something that gets your heartrate WAY UP for 30 minutes, each day. Running, swimming, cycling, mountain climbing, etc. I'd avoid the gym, because the increase is too sporadic, and I'd definetly recommend group sports (basketball, football).
>>
>>17777140
I am sad. But this made me laugh. I did lifting and cardio for two years. Didnt help shit and eventually quit because of that. I tell people the same shit honestly. But that doesnt work.
>>
>>17777150

Lifting shouldn't, cardio should. A LOT.

This is a shot in the dark, but would you say you have some body-issues?

This is standard stuff I give nowadays, because of what I went through. But sometimes, the best advice would be to do what feels right, as stupid as it might seem. If you want/need to wallow in self-pity, listening to Linkin Park for a few days/weeks, go ahead. If you feel like you should go for a few solitary walks, that's fine too...
>>
>>17777163
Ive weighed 220. Ive weighed 350. Im 6'2" what does my appearence have to do with the fact i want to just die off or beat people who bother me into a putty. Its just angering. Please miss me with that generic health life happy bullshit. Thanks.
>>
My first episode of severe depression, I could only get through with SSRI's. Therapy was shit, because most therapists are retarded and have a 2 week degree and think they know everything. She kinda screwed up my career. I am planning on becoming a psychiatrist (med school, on hold because of her fuck up and subsequent mobbing).

I came off SSRI's but further mobbing meant I was slipping right back in and had to go back. Therefore I was on them for a good 2 years. I gained lots of weight and my hair started thinning.

Now things are at their worst, gf left me and never wants to see me again, dealing with hearings and such about getting back to med school, no friends, moved back in with the rents, no job.

I was determined not to go on SSRI's because of how they messed up my body. Recently started cardio+lifting 6 days a week, and it helped me loads with ruminations and negative thoughts. Still not 100% but way better than before. I had not done this before. But sure, it might not have worked for you.

Trust me anon, I feel you. If you need someone to talk to send over your kik. I'd be happy to help. These days altruism is one of the few things helping me out, I never wanna see anyone fall as low as I have because of this illness.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.