[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To Anons living on their own, what are some tips you can give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1478223711951.jpg (200KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1478223711951.jpg
200KB, 1024x683px
To Anons living on their own, what are some tips you can give a NEET who wants to move out on his own?

I know getting a job is step one.

Also keep in mind, i'm not looking for a house, just an apartment.
>>
>>17776562

budget. a lot of people try to just spend without actually checking and its disastorous.

I have a worksheet that divide smy monthly income into what I need, and then the left over divided into how much i can spend a week, and what goes into savings.
>>
>>17776567
How much did it run you?
>>
>>17776562
yeah get a job, then find apartments you can afford, call them, find a vacancy and there you go. the rule ive heard is that you should be making at least 2.5x your rent a month, thats not the case for me though and im doing ok

be frugal, live within/below your means and youll be good
>>
>>17776577

i live in los angeles, and rent half of a two bedroom apartment in hollywood

i get 1500 dollars a month to live off of.

it breaks down as follows
>400 dollars for rent
>100 for bills
>100 for bus pass
>300 for food (this includes general necessities like hair gel, hair cuts, etc)
>300 for fun
>300 savings

thats about it.
>>
>>17776594

>thats not the case for me though

its really not the case for most people especially in the city. rent takes up like 75% of your budget here, and the rest gets divvied up.
>>
>>17776599
What the fuck. The rent seems so damn low, specially for LA, while the food budget even given the other shit sounds crazy high.
>>
>>17776618

it is actually.

I got my apartment in 2011 and we rented it for like 1350 at the time. every year it goes up by 40 bucks.

but the prices in the area in general have soared really high, so with me being the only one on the lease i can sublet my spare room out for a steal.

the full rental price is 1500 for the two bedrooms, but I can charge 1100 for my spare room. its a very big spacious corner apartment, i remodeled the balcony (plus its got a view of the hollywood sign) and i only have to pay 400 for it. roommate doesnt get home til after 8 most nights so its a pretty sweet deal, get to walk around naked and everything.

in a few more years the prices in the neighborhood will be so high that i can sublet and wont have to pay anything for rent.
>>
>>17776599
>general necessities like hair gel

Yeah, you belong in LA
>>
>>17776643

do you not use any hair products? i mean i suppose there are men who dont need to, but its hair gel man, everyone else in your town uses it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.