[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emberassed to show off gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20161113-032013.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161113-032013.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
I have a gf, and possible future wife, thing is she is below my standards. I love her very much and dont want to break up

But i am emberassed to show her to my family, and take pictures with her on social media

How to stop???
Pic unrelated
>>
>>17776193
This picture hurts.
>>
>>17776200
why
>>
File: couples_dynamics.jpg (71KB, 520x543px) Image search: [Google]
couples_dynamics.jpg
71KB, 520x543px
I was struggling with the same thing a while ago. Listen, if you love her, you lover her. If you're embarrassed to be around her, and can't show her to anyone, that's on you. If you feel like you could do better and want to do better, then do better.
There's a big difference between liking someone, and liking the IDEA of someone. Sit down tonight and think about it, do you like her for her? You shouldn't care what others think. But if you're with her, just because you've been with her for a long time, it's time to give up on this venture before things get too out of hand.
Sometimes you have to love yourself more than you love others.
>>
You're a pretty shitty person, and your attitude is more embarrassing than your gf ever could be
>>
>>17776222
I wanna be with her 100%, its not about whether i can do better or not, i am just self conscious about people judging her by her looks

>>17776228
I dont appreciate that
>>
Is she fat? Do you like fat girls but you are embarrassed for others to know?

If that's the case I can help
>>
>desparate people problems
99 problems and an ugly bitch is one of them
>>
>>17776276
Not the first poster there, but I agree. If you embarrassed of your girlfriend, yet continue to date her you are a shitty person. The fact that you care about other people's impression of you so much makes you seem like a spineless twerp. If you are someone who "hides" your girlfriend you are pathetic. It doesn't matter if you appreciate that comment or not. It's the truth. Clearly she isn't below your "standards" or you wouldn't truly be dating her. You're just another spineless dork who is embarrassed of his girlfriend because of her appearance or some other irrelevant issue. You "stop" this by gaining some self respect and stop letting other people dictate your life or spend the rest of your life in the shadow of your parents and friends opinions.
>>
Just do it senpai, who cares

People will get used to.
>>
>>17776324
Y-you too
>>
>>17776228

Why would you say that? Physical attraction underpins all of human sexuality

If you're not physically attracted to someone then the relationship won't survive. It's a pretty simple precept to understand

I had a similar experience as OP. I was with a girl for 2 years we connected well but I didn't find her attractive; she wasn't repulsive either, but at the same time I didn't have strong sexual feelings for her.
>>
>>17776193
What exactly is it that makes you feel embarrassed?

You don't have to give extensive detail but it would help to know what aspects of her make you feel embarrassed
>>
>>17776324
No need to be so aggressive towards him, the way people feel initially can't be helped and he is already asking for advice, not some angry feminist.
>>
>>17776193
that guy posted his pic on /r9k/ once
good to know he has a gf now.
>>
>>17776193
I have a similar issue. She's pretty cute, maybe 7/10 on her best day. She loves me unconditionally but she hasn't got many hobbies and thus nothing to really talk about with other people besides me.
>>
>>17777039
my family, specially my dad and uncles are extremely judgmental.

they had hot gf's at one point or another

theres nothing in particular about her, shes just a 5/10 by most people standards

>>17776303
no
>>
I had this problem. On a typical day she was kind of terrifying. Lank self administered haircut, spotty, bad teeth, overweight, 6 foot tall, dressed like a crap goth.

On a good day she was average to slightly above average. Thing is she is a great person who I could see potential in and wanted to be with her.

I was worried friends would think I was dating down because my previous relationship failed and she was kind of a pin up type. Or I was using her or settling for really wrong reasons. Thing is she is really great and anyone who met her could quickly see why I was with her.

So yeah she was pretty ugly, but it didn't matter when you got to know her. People are judgemental. I'm a person. We work on it.

She looks better now. She grew up a bit. Her skin cleared up, her grooming and wardrobe picked up. She lost some weight and gained some confidence and has her own style now. Still like 6/10 on a typical day though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.