[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Girlfriend and her intolerable 'best friend'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1446658899260.jpg (16KB, 540x421px) Image search: [Google]
1446658899260.jpg
16KB, 540x421px
My girlfriend has basically broken up with me but is too nice to say it to my face. She has a friend that moved from a non English speaking country and seems to have emotional issues. Mainly she has serious projection issues with people she does not like, she only spends time with my girlfriend, she is negative and constantly insulted me when my girlfriend was present.

Just yesterday she threw a temper tantrum in front of my girlfriend and I. All the signs were there, she was hyperventilating, she threatened to attack me and slammed her bag into a table before walking away angrily. My girlfriend has seen all of this behaviour but for some reason continues to tolerate it, she did the one thing you aren't meant to do, she gave this friend attention after a fit. The supposed best friend has a monopoly on her time because she only has my girlfriend as a friend and any attempt to get time with my girlfriend seems to be interpreted as me trying to breakup a friendship (I wouldn't mind tho)

I have too much self respect to take shit from someone who acts like a petulant child but I have to tread carefully since this girl will jump on any opportunity to play the victim. I loved my girlfriend but she is a person with free will, if she wants to prioritise a lonely angry meant to be friend over me that's her choice but I'm not dealing with it. As mentioned earlier my girlfriend is almost too nice so she is told by this toxic friend that I am the problem when we can't even spend time together because the friend is so prone to anger or rage.

Do I bail and leave things in bad standing or should I be brutally honest to my 'girlfriend' and tell her what I think? I feel as if I have put up with shit I would never deal with for her sake but all it has got me is in this situation. If I don't at least tell my former girlfriend then she will have every other boyfriend pushed away by this selfish best friend since a boyfriend is competing for with her for time, he would be a threat.
>>
>>17775992
Ask yourself, 'what would a man do?'

Then ask yourself, 'am I a man?'
>>
>>17775992
Just be dead honest and stern in your delivery to your gf about every single thing wrong with her friend, and end with this is why I'm leaving you

Then leave
>>
>>17776008
I think a man would say that he is not dealing with bullshit from some bitch and would cut ties or continue under the condition that said bitch doesn't have a place in the relationship from now on. I refuse to blindly tolerate more crap just because I love her. She needs to get her act together as well if she wants things to work. It just annoys me that this whole thing happened once we got together. Once I became a serious competitor for her time that is when the bitchiness set it from the friend.

>>17776010
This is pretty much my game plan but if she is honestly willing to change in practice then I might continue however the chances of anything working are slim. People around me saw the problems I've mentioned but I can only do so much. It's a shame but I can't go chasing after a girl that says one thing then does another.
>>
Sounds like you know what to do already.
>>
>>17776021
What type of gf sits there passively and lets someone else insult her partner?
>>
A man gotta do what a man gotta do, son.
>>
>>17776032
A shit one.
>>
>>17776032
It all goes back to her being too nice, she sat in the middle and grimaced quite frankly. She didn't get involved and I didn't start a shit show at the time since we were in a library. Unfortunately when the temper tantrum happened with her friend she (the friend) came storming in when I was midway through a conversation on that exact topic. Obviously at first I attempt to be magnanimous and civil but once the insults started I was pissed. I'm not wasting energy on someone that acts like a child. She will hear it all tomorrow at this rate. I'm done with taking shit then trying to justify it because I loved her. If one of my friends said something like that I would abandon them, it's so far out of line.

She's so nice that it is her Achilles' heel. It was so great when I was with her alone because she is really kind and I am quite direct and logical. We balance out perfectly but when I got involved romantically I was naturally more cautious with her feelings because I cared about her, that allowed the friend to take advantage because my guard came down too much.
>>
>>17776060
Look at how she does t defend you but you defend her in the most over the top manner.

Cuck
>>
>>17776128
I'll find out what I really am tomorrow after the dust has settled. It will be one awfully unpleasant wake up call for her.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.