[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting soda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Ive been drinking a ton of soda for a few years now (like 3 sodas a day at least, since i was 13. Im now 20) and i noticed lately that ive been gaining weight. Would quitting soda have much of an effect on it? I'd like to lose 10-15 pounds.
>>
>>17775901
It's a start. You'd need to watch for the rest of your diet and obviously do something /fit/ too.
>>
>>17775901

Yes, soda has a fuckton of calories. Drink water instead.
>>
>>17775901
No. Of course not. Completely natural.
Your diet has nothing to do with your weight.
>>
>>17775901

yes. three cans of coke have 420 calories.

we don't know how much you way, or how much you've been gaining at what weight.

it may require MORE than cutting out soda. it may not. if you've only gained a little, cutting it out should at least balance your diet.

but the obvious point im making here is there is no way to tell what would work without actually counting the calories. will removing 420 calories from your daily consumption put you in the weight loss pattern?

do the math
>>
>>17775918
Burn more calories. Earn your sodas. I'll tell you now. Cutting calories is the lazy and least effective method of weight control. Timing your intake and burn periods throughout the day will maximize body fit potential.
If you want to substitute soda, try mixing juice with soda water. Love grape juice myself.
>>
>>17775928

>cutting calories is lazy and least effective

as opposed to running a mile and only losing 128 calories?
>>
>>17775928
HMMM EXTREME WORKOUT FOR AN HOUR.. OR, SKIP ONE CAN OF SODA
>>
>>17775901
Yes, I was the same as you, 3 or more a day. I wanted to lose weight but I didn't want to change my diet too much. Cut out the soda and changed nothing else, immediately started losing. Not very quickly since I still had a lot of other bullshit in my diet, but losing none the less, not even just maintaining, losing.

It's hard at first, caffeine is a drug and you likely have an addiction. It's not like quitting nicotine or anything but you will probs have some minor withdrawal symptoms. Headaches is common, but I got a little moodier myself.
If you beat that you're home free. I hardly ever drink it now, have one every now and then when I go out for dinner. Drink mostly water now, but I found it easier to cope with the lack of sugar/soda by weaning off with other kinda sugary shit like juice and whatnot. Your goal will be to taper into drinking almost exclusively water. Sugary shit is like a desert, you should treat it that way. Have it every now and then, but drink mostly water.
>>
File: 1476144343432.jpg (21KB, 458x319px) Image search: [Google]
1476144343432.jpg
21KB, 458x319px
>>17775938
>>17775941
Ikr lol. Like literally when I started losing weight I ONLY started to see progress when I changed my diet. I'd be running 3 hours a day and seeing nothing since I was eating nothing but a fuckload of garbage and sweets. Now I hardly even work out at all, but just closely monitor my intake and I've been losing 2lbs a week.
>>
>>17775998
>>17775941

but its lazy to have self control! you should just run for a couple hours a day its more effective!
>>
>>17775908
>>17775909
>>17775911
>>17775918
>>17775928
>>17775938
>>17775941
>>17775993
>>17775998
>>17776001
I'm 5'6" and I weigh 150. 120-135 sounds about right to me. I cannot excerize due to a back injury.

I cut out the soda but in order to keep the caffiene i drink a cup of coffee in the morning, then i stick to only water for the rest of the day. any thoughts?
>>
Cut soda's. If you have a craving for something sweet, eat a piece of juicey fruit or make some tea.
>>
>>17776246
Just skip the sugar in your coffee. Also adjust the rest of your diet.
>>
>>17776254
no sugar, just a little bit of creamer because im not accustomed to the bitter taste yet.
>>
>>17776254
i am, i consume no more than 900 calories in a day
>>
>>17775901
How are your teeth?

Stop drinking that trash, drink good juice or water with your meals.

Its okay to have a soda once in a while, but not every day
>>
>>17776264
somehow, never had a cavity in my life.
>>
>>17776253
Meh, that shit got quite a bit calories too. Gum it is.

>>17776262
Sounds decently low.

>>17776264
>How are your teeth?
>drink good juice
Kek. That's just as bad. Besides, with decent mouth hygiene neither really matters. Not OP but I drink soda and energy drinks all the time, eat lots of sweets daily and smoke a lot too ... basically the recipe for horrible teeth, yet no dentist could find shit yet. Mouth wash is gold.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.