[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UN-convincing yourself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0955.jpg (749KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0955.jpg
749KB, 2048x1360px
I have a problem.

7 years ago I started telling myself "I don't want a girlfriend and don't care about sex". i said it so much it became fact. Now in the present, I met a girl I actually really really like. We've been dating for a month now, and she mentioned to me that she would like me to be her boyfriend. When she said that, it sort of made me panic internally. Now I keep thinking to myself what the fuck do I do? I like her a lot, but in my gut I have this feel of "stay single, you don't want a girlfriend". Just over and over. It has nothing to do with her specifically, she's great. But it's just a general "NO GIRLFRIEND" feeling.

What do I do, or how do I fix this..?

*note- when she asked me about a relationship and I panicked. She noticed. She asked what was wrong. I tried to explain that I really like her, but it doesn't feel right. She got hurt, and after a few hours and me telling her the ENTIRE fucking story. she seems to understand. I feel really awkward, because I didn't want to upset her, I do like her! But I just feel so confused
>>
> how do I fix this

This situation is called a choice. A choice is when there are 2 or more possible outcomes, of which you may only experience one. You have to prioritize what is more important to you: this girl, and spending time with her, or staying single because of your arbitrary ethics. If you want my honest opinion which choice is best, I would say to go single. Not for your dumb reasoning, but because by telling this girl you didn't see her as gf material you have effectively made her think she isn't worth enough for you to pledge your loyalty to her, and you will have a weak relationship because you sound quite emotionally immature. Staying single will save both you and her from the suffering that will result from your tomfuckery.
>>
>>17773308
>>17773308
Be brave. Jump in. Try not to hold back because that will invariably make the relationship harder to maintain. Maybe find someone else you can talk about it with openly so that they can support you.

Understand that at some point in the future you'll likely get hurt – all break ups are painful, no matter whether you're on the receiving end or doing – and accept it. It's a risk, but you'll regret it for a long time afterwards if you don't at least try.
>>
>>17773326

>because by telling this girl you didn't see her as gf material

I completely explained to her that it has nothing to do with her. She absolutely is girlfriend material.
>>
>>17773326
Aaah.. I wish I had a friend like you anon you know?
>>
>>17773338
Don't fucking pick at semantics boy. The point is you need to make her feel valued by you if you want her, or else you need to leave this fire the fuck alone or you'll burn yourself and maybe some others. Make your choice and get on with it.
>>
>>17773332

The reason for me saying I didn't want a girlfriend isn't about getting her. I just felt that I am just one of those people who were never meant to have one.
>>
>>17773343

I know this doesn't make sense to you. Because to you it probably seems incredibly simple, especially since you're probably experienced. But this "choice" is extremely difficult to me. I really do like this girl, a lot. We connect on so many levels and she's cute as fuck. But I have this internal struggle (which I keep to myself) that I'm dealing with that makes this really hard
>>
File: 1476884712762.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476884712762.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
Its your mind resisting the change.
I fucking hate this too.
I want to be more spontaneous in my life. It is the only way to experience new things.

Ive been trying to stop resisting the change but with social situations its really not easy. Especially if its a girl who you think is cute. While my head knows you should be confident and devoid of insecurities, my mind says 'no, im ok the way i am. Never change things. wait a while'

Im only 18 but if i keep doing this ill turn out like these guys on 4chan who are 22 and virgin. Fuck man i need to get a job too
>>
>>17773351
Don't assume I don't understand how you feel just because you don't understand why I see it so simply. I thought the same naive things as you when I was younger. The fact of the matter is that if you do not pursue this girl she will not be yours, and if you do she might be. If you want to be with her, then regardless of whatever 'internal battles' you are having you will have to act on it. You are going to still be stuck in your head thinking whatever thoughts you think whether or not you end up with her. Stop obsessing over abstractions. If you enjoy the company of someone, then keep going back to them. Matters of your heart are significant to no one but you, so it is up to you how you want to look back on how things went down.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.