[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to not be dumb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1479186148363.jpg (21KB, 278x251px) Image search: [Google]
1479186148363.jpg
21KB, 278x251px
I spend most of my time on 4chan, and despite being a message board, I can't hold a single intellectual conversation with anyone regarding anything. Any post I make never gets any replies, and any opinion/belief I have gets instantly refuted. I feel whatever I say is just spewed incoherent drivel, and it's driving me insane. I have hobbies that I'm passionate about that are talked among boards here, and yet whenever I try to engage in intellectual debate or discussion, I'll get called out for having no clue what I'm talking about by the people who share the same interests. All I can do from not being seen as a retard is to not post and not share any of my thoughts with anyone, but no matter how much self-reflection I do to gain some insight on whatever I'm thinking about, it doesn't improve at all. It doesn't help that it takes me walls of paragraphs to explain what could be summed up in a sentence or two by a person whose mental capacity isn't totally abysmal like mine.

How the fuck do I get smarter so I can actually contribute to the website I spend my life on.?
>>
>>17772977
No one cares about intellectual conversations
Why do you feel you must have live up to some imanginary bar of intellect

You think other bros want to hang with insecure beta who thinks he needs to prove his worth with wit

Or You think girls panties get wet when you speak about philosophical conundrums such as the meaning of life

All this shit is ego based, let it go
No one cares if you're smart or not
This place isn't NASA motherfucker
>>
File: 1475094310699.png (16KB, 360x293px) Image search: [Google]
1475094310699.png
16KB, 360x293px
>>17772977
For me, I have accepted my situation. I have been always told that I am """smart""", but I can't imagine by what it is supported. I couldn't get any grade better than C as in either university or high school, even with struggling and putting an effort. Although I am living alone, I still lack a common sense in everyday life. I am very self-conscious about that and sometimes having an internal conflict hearing someone saying that material is easy breaks me down.

>>17772986
He is right.
>>
>>17772986
>>17772986
Okay, maybe using "intellectual conversation" isn't really the correct terminology. I just want to have conversations about video games or music or whatever bullshit, not philosophy or other shit. I just want to be able to talk about it and gain a sense of mutuality with the other people who enjoy it.

Every attempt at discussion I make essentially goes like:
>"Hi I like x game/artist/album/movie/show/etc."
>Cool, but why do you?
>"Oh of course, let me list off all the self-proclaimed reasons I formed about why I like said thing."
>You make no sense in your reasoning, and even someone who also liked it will tell you that's not what makes it good. This is your favorite yet you don't understand? You're just a pleb/cuck/word used for dilettante. Leave

I wouldn't be bothered so much if this was only on 4chan, but the same applies in real life as well. I've gotten excluded from groups of people who share the same interest, or if I don't, none of them take me seriously like I'm a hivemind sheep who can't form an individual thought, and isn't actually interested in the topic but only in it for the ride.

The only difference in real life is that unlike 4chan, there's a filter for what is socially acceptable to say, otherwise they would be saying the same shit as people on here.

The core issue is the same, and I want to fix it.
>>
>>17773064
Hey man I think I understand what's going on.

This place is full of horrible, rotten people that have unchecked narcissistic personalities. You have a good heart and are struggling to live earnestly despite the difficult childhood you had.

Don't judge yourself based on the quality of the interactions you experience here. Try to work on your self confidence. I say this as someone who also needs to work on this. I bet you are a good person man. Don't worry what other people think too much.
>>
>>17773102
>This place is full of horrible, rotten people that have unchecked narcissistic personalities.
No matter how much I want to believe that, I don't believe it's true.

People who go on here are not significantly different from people you find in everyday society, and can be highly successful in life. The whole "4chan is a dark, evil place full of rejects and outcasts" is just a meme that took me a while to realize.

Lots of what is said on here applies to real life. I actually learned a lot about social skills from going on here. I was bitter at first about the seemingly harsh truths that were told to me, but as time when on I couldn't help but see it in real life more and more until I accepted it as true. That actually led me to improve, and it worked and people respected me more. The redpill is real.

I can just write people off as "You're mean!", but when I did that it led me nowhere. It was only when I accepted what the "bullies" were saying that made me a better person.

I can sit in blissful ignorance all I want with other blissfully ignorant people, but I want to change myself so that I can earn respect.

It's like what's said in this video, even though it's in the context of relationships, the same thing applies here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqAhew3jjrQ

You should only be confident in yourself if you're truly a good person, if you're not a good person, then being confident will only get you rejection.
>>
>>17773183
>RSD

mah nigga
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.