[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being in a relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: received_1436752666339739.jpg (22KB, 360x395px) Image search: [Google]
received_1436752666339739.jpg
22KB, 360x395px
I'm 22 and have never been in a relationship before, the worest part about it is that I cannot picture myself in one at all. I can't picture me doing all the relationship things with a girl or being intimate or whatever, I have no idea why or how to change my perspective on this
>>
Do you even want to be in a relationship? Also, are you basing your expectations of what being in a relationship is like on TV and movies?
>>
>>17772931
I want to be in a relationship with someone and share experiences in life with them, care for them and be cared about in return. It's not based off of TV or anything just things I notice with people irl and stuff like that. But when I try and see myself with someone I just draw a foggy blank
>>
>>17772951
>share experiences in life with them, care for them and be cared about in return.
sounds like you want a bro, not a bitch
>>
>>17773075
Nah I just wanna be loved and have a relationship
>>
>>17773117
i've seen the way people act in love and i've seen what relationships do to people, hell i would just have a random conversation with a girl I like and feel on top of the world after.
>>
>>17773075
Anon has a point. The relationship you want does not exist outside the realm of possibility, but it's rarer than you think.

Most people's relationships are based on sex first and a lot more than you may realize stay with each other out of comfort, fear of being alone and fear of going a bit longer without getting laid. Not that there's anything *wrong* with sex or having it with someone, but the thing that trips people up so much, especially men nowadays, is that the sex hinges on feelings of sexual attraction, and in order to inspire said attraction you usually have to behave a certain way. The relationship starts to slide and peoples' interest fade when the behavior that inspires sexual attraction is no longer present, and then breakups and heartaches ensue.

Enjoy your time you have to yourself and never settle for a relationship just for the sake of having one. They are not the answer to all your problems or dissatisfaction with life.
>>
You're right on the caring and doing things together stuff. You don't get massages and enjoy a hot tub by the river with a bro.

Relationship stuff like cuddling and caring about feelings comes naturally. Sex life doesn't but you can figure that out.

To eventually get a girlfriend at least interface with people in one way, whether it's a club, or a site you're really social on, or whatever, just be seen. People are looking for each other (starts in your 20s) they just have to know you exist.
>>
>>17773122
im not trying to find one just to find one, I wanna connect with someone. Like i felt connected with a girl before but she didnt feel the same and it got me feeling that I'd want to find someone like her again but make a relationship with them. Again its just a weird concept to me idk why
>>
>>17772926
OP it sounds like you want at the very least a genuine, deep emotional connection with someone. this doesn't have to be a girlfriend or anything romantic.

the only way to get this kind of a connection is with someone who is a great friend first. just meet new people, don't have any other intentions other than to meet like-minded people and have a good time with them.

make a lot of friends, and any of the "friends" that don't ever put effort into wanting to hang out with you, obviously aren't that interested in being friends with you, so just move on.

i just got in another relationship last week with a girl i met a few months ago - we were just friends until a couple weeks ago. she became interested in me because i was genuine, real, and honestly cared about the people i call my friends. the people that are willing (and capable) of being in a relationship you described here >>17772951
are the kind of people that would appreciate you being real with them.

that's my take on it anyway. in case you haven't noticed, i put huge emphasis on being real, genuine, and honest.
>>
>>17773151
>hot tub by the river
THOSE EXIST!?
>>
>>17773173
Of course they exist.

http://spa.galgorm.com/thermal-village.html
>>
>>17773187
>forgive me padré, for I have sinned
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.