[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips on starting in university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Caerleon-Lawn-21.jpg (3MB, 4500x2994px) Image search: [Google]
Caerleon-Lawn-21.jpg
3MB, 4500x2994px
How do I start to university and not drop out?
I'm going to university in January and from what I've heard it's very hard, people there are so stressed etc. I'm afraid I can't handle it since I even have problems with being social, my mental health and my life in general. What are some good tips on how to survive university? Is the first year the hardest?
>>
>>17772557

Learn to manage your time. Depending on what you are studying, reading up the day before the test won't cut it. Try to read a bit everyday and don't let your schedule slip up too much.
>>
>>17772567
Is it possible to have a life with your studies or will my life be all school? I heard on some degrees they read from 8 in the morning until 10 in the evening :'( (medicine)
>>
>>17772574

You are in medicine? As far as I know, you'll have to fuse your ass to the chair for that one.

You can have a life, but it's not high school. Doesn't mean you live to study.
>>
>>17772557
>what I've heard it's very hard
from where lol
>Is the first year the hardest
No it's the easiest, where you have time to establish your social circle. First year is the ideal time to find a gf. If you pick a good one and she stays with you, in the following years the only thing you need to focus on is studying, networking with professionals, internship/research and occasionally socializing.
During my undergrad I was only productive for 2 - 4 hours a day at most, the rest of the time I spend playing tennis, dating, partying, etc.
>>
>>17772685
>from where lol
I was with a group of people one night and one girl who had had her first week of university was SOOO stressed she couldn't relax and have fun because she thinks the school part was so difficult. ..
Btw what is networking about? Is it important? I thought it was something only grown ups do
>>
>>17772723
>Btw what is networking about? Is it important? I thought it was something only grown ups do

Well, it depends on whether you want to be a grown up at the end of the second year. There will be career fairs, and/or some course in which you come into contact with working professionals. If you see so clearly where you want to be in the next several years, like which field, what position, you will know which questions to ask and you can talk to those guys. Afterwards there will be internship opportunity and since you set your goal earlier things will be easier. But many talented people rather spend time exploring what else they can do. Maybe they don't want to work in industry, maybe they want to do research, etc.
Basically, all these information about networking opportunities will be sent into your emails everyday. That was the case for most universities I know, so there's no need to worry so much. Just read them occasionally, see what interest you, go to events, meet new people, make new friends of other majors, etc.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.