[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Veganism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Ok. i have tried veganism last year for 50 days or so. Wanted to see the health benefits and also i always felt bad for the animals. But i ended because of laziness, lack of ideas and the most important, no support at all from any of my peers, family and friends. Its just so hardbulit in society to eat animal products. But by the beggining of this november again, i decided to try it again. Over the past year, i watched a lot videos, read a lot of studies and articles and it seems the most logical way to go vegan. But (now i know people say astrology is bullshit) as a Libra i keep changing my opinion on almost everything in my life until im 100% satisified and have all the logical backup behind my final claim. And society keeps fighting my vegan reasons. im now 3rd week in full plant based diet and i love it, i love the energy and i love the ever-inspiring youtube videos that keeps me going. But its pain for my friends to go out with me, its a pain to listen to family and peers, its much more complicated to travel on budget and its very impractical in todays world. So how to stop this fight in my head ? It all escalated yesterday at one highschool gathering of our old class after like 5 years where this one girl i really like made a solid argument about men having any dietary restrictions. What to do to decided and STICK with it ?
i have these ethical reasons and enviromental reasons which are hard to fight and seems ignorant to overlook them, but on the other hand, the society, especially around me, makes my life supercomplicated. which is paradoxical when i thought i was doing the right thing.
Help
>>
>>17771924
>health benefits
Sounds like bullshit, humans are omnivores.

>now i know people say astrology is bullshit
That's a fucking understatement.

>ethical reasons and enviromental reasons
Now these are good reasons for veganism.

> So how to stop this fight in my head ?
Well, you can either prioritize your beliefs or practicality. Or you can simple take the middle way and attempt to live as ethically as possible without inconveniencing yourself too much. As an individual your impact on the world is almost irrelevant either way. There is no reason to stick to absolutes.

For example...
>But its pain for my friends to go out with me
Eat a burger with them here and there.

>its a pain to listen to family and peers
I fail to see how this is even a thing. You have reasons for your lifestyle, they have for theirs. If they try to change you completely, tell them to eat a dick (or whatever the vegan equivalent would be)

>its much more complicated to travel on budget
Minimize unnecessary traveling, take a bike if you got the time, etc, etc. It's not like you have to become a frequent flier.
>>
>>17771924
Literally the only reason you have the intelligence and moral code to not eat meat is from eating meat (especially cooked meat) you are literally throwing away the single greatest evolutionary step homo sapiens ever made .
Hope you feel good about that.
>>
>>17771947
>>17771947
>>17771947
i guess the middle way it is.
I get your argument for not having almost any impact on whats going on on the farms but i look at it as the elections.
My individual vote is nothing. but if enough people vote the same, its something.
But again, the vegan movement is not going to take over the world realisitcally speaking any time soon (or ever because of how well this current system is set).
see im not even able to stand by one or the other opinion
>>
>>17771953
what do you mean?
>>
>>17771954
I'd say the most important part of the vegan movement is raising awareness about the environmental and ethical issues connected to our excessive diet, and being a "practical vegan" would do the job just as well, while also making the idea more appealing for other people, since "try to avoid meat as well as you can" is a lot more inviting than "completely stop eating that stuff you love".

In future it might become obsolete thanks to cultured meat either way.
>>
>>17771924
>literally believing astrological signs influence your personality
>inspirational youtube videos
Kill yourself. The only reason you need to have a different diet is it being healthier, any other reason is worthless.
>>
>>17771957
Humans are omnivores yes and that is good because it diversifies an early food supply. But the only natural food source that is enerfy dense enough to support the human brain (it being stupidly energy hungry given how large it is) is meat. Protein and fat rich animal carcass.
Further what took humans from being just another walking ape with spears to "controlling the entire planet' was the advent of Fire and with it the ability to cook our food. Cooking meat made it even more nutritious by denaturing protein and making it easier to digest. It also kept it from killing us from bacteria and parasites and the like.

Without meat the human brain would be similar to say, a herbivorous monkey. With meat and especially Fire to cook it humans became what we are today. It is said that if you wanted to take a human and have it have the same capacity for learning that we have today you would do so shortly after we invented Fire to cook meat.
Without meat there is not enough energy to make a brain of our size not starve us to death.
>>
>>17771986
You're mostly right but forget that getting calories takes a lot less effort after we moved on from the hunter-gatherer phase to agriculture, so these day it doesn't really matter, although meat is usually still more efficient.
>>
>>17772030
We could only have the intelligence to selectively breed the crops we have today with the intelligence gained from meat. Further all high calorie plant foods today come from human intellect.
Also farming doesn't take less energy. In fact it takes more energy and more time. It is more stable though and allows people to live in one concentrated area so as to be better protected from the tribe that is next door and wants to kill them.
>>
>>17771986
>Cooking meat made it even more nutritious by denaturing protein

0/10 see me after class
>>
>>17772073
Why the fuck do you think we cook eggs. Why the fuck do you think we cook anything. We could eat it like lions do it doesn't kill then.
We do it because it gave us some benefit, some bonus that was shared down generations. And that benefit is more nutritious and safer food. If you are arguing that it isn't the denaturing of protein then fine but at least present a counter point.
>>
>>17772073
It makes digestion faster, nigga. Faster digestion saves energy since that shit burns calories like a motherfucker.
>>
>>17772093
That is literally what denaturing protein means...... You do realise what a protein is right? And how the gut works?
Denaturing a protein is effectively doing half the work of an army of enzymes in your gut which means your body doesn't have to expend as much energy to break apart the complex proteins into their substituent amino acids.
I can't really fully explain the process with such little space but suffice to say denaturing proteins direct result is what you are saying, faster more efficient digestion.
>>
>>17772083
Changing the shape of a protein doesn't add to the nutritional value

I wish I didn't have to share this beautiful planet with such stupid fucking people
>>
>>17772108
No but it does allow your body to enzymatically break down the protein. For instance an uncooked egg in the gut will only give approx. 60% of its total energy content while a fried egg will give 80%+ the same shit happens with meat.
>>
File: 1479076439995.jpg (1MB, 1859x2967px) Image search: [Google]
1479076439995.jpg
1MB, 1859x2967px
>>17772114
I don't care I was just correcting the record ;)
>>
>>17772121
By spreading technical truth but actual horseshit.
Don't discuss something you don't fully understand. Or at least try to educate yourself before typing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.