/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is life about? Please no >life is what you make it, senpai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

What is life about? Please no
>life is what you make it, senpai
>>
Life is about spreading our DNA, thats our primal intstinct. In my opinion making babies is the neaning of life. Its all a game OP, we live to die, and the only thing we leave behind are kids. By not having kids, youre ending your DNA. Wiping you from existence forever
>>
Life is about struggle.
>>
I think life is about trying to find happiness. Mostly by connecting with people and trying to spread happiness and stop suffering.
>>
>>17771562
although were pretty far from stopping suffering maybe its just a dream. I tried going vegan but it was too hard for me. Maybe once humanity progresses enough it wont be so hard and all things can experience real happiness.
>>
>>17771524
>What is life about? Please no
>life is what you make it, senpai
I do hate that answer myself, but please let me throw a few ideas at you and see what you think after. This post is probably going to turn out shit, as I'm feeling like a fucking zombie that hasn't slept for more than two days and has to go to work (again) in a couple of hours, so I apologize in advance. Anyways...

In my opinion the question itself is invalid. I do not believe that any human that has ever existed came even close to abstracting what life is or is not about, mostly due to the fact that our perception and consequentially our perspective of anything (with the possible exception of ourselves) is ultimately subjective. This is so unavoidable that it gets to the point where we even have to question ourselves whether or not concepts like meaning or purpose even hold any concrete value outside of the human consciousness. I would elaborate more on what my thoughts are on all this, but I just noticed that I'll just pass out and not go to work today.

https://danielmiessler.com/blog/functional-free-will/#gs.ua0Ghlo

By the way, here's an interesting read on a related topic. I have disagreements with some of his stuff, but this is a great post of his, in my opinion.
>>
>>17771530
This.
At the primal level life's only job is to make more of itself. Humans have dinner a pretty good fucking job mind. No other mammal of Earth is as populous as homo sapiens (Many rats and mice being of different species). The only genetic meaning for life is to make more life. It's why 'normal' people find asexuals so strange. Past that unfortunately your greentext is the only applicable response.
Make a family and everything along with making that successfull will probably be the closest meaning to life you can get within your society.
>>
Life is about not making ahitty useless threads.
>>
>>17771524
Life is just a dream.
>>
>>17771530
And yet if you do not properly care for that DNA and see to it that it continues properly, that is no different than bringing it into being to begin with. You are a K-breeding mammal, they invest time and resources into their offspring to see to that they reach proper maturation so they can continue it.

You aren't an r-breeding mammal like a turtle abandoning its' crutch of eggs and hopes some will survive. Those on the outside interfering with the K/r breeding patterns created a big problem in society of people therefore leeching off of it.
>>
>>17771644
I think that we became too complexly organized for (biological) evolutionary mechanisms to have any relevant impact on our species. Maybe it still happens to some degree and at a slower rate, but it is now secondary, which is a solid reason for ruling it out as a valid answer to the "what life is about?" question. If it were about that, it would still be about it. Saying that what happens now in humanity is a deviation from "what life should be about" is also illogical, since the emergence of social structures etc. in humans is just as natural as the emergence of evolution in life.
>>
>>17771524
>Its all a game OP, we live to die
This is my problem.
IT's a cruel sick game. some people are tortured, right now people are being brutally tortured and no one can stop it. Meanwhile people on tumblr and 4chan are having a constant stream of laughter and safety..

A game should be fun, this is disgusting. What is worse is that I feel personally the meaning of life is to stop suffering as much as possible but it's impossible and when it's over then what is the meaning (this should be the actual meaning).

IT sucks that I am so comfy. Imo the worst thing is that I honestly forget how much some other person besides me is suffering right now, when if I just get 1 thing minorly bad in my life I complain but there are people who have it much much worse, their problem is worse than
>I stub my toe!
>new video game is not out yet!
and I feel like scum for trying to improve my own life in any way, yet some people are healthy, safe and content and only worry about others SECOND to themselves.
>>
>>17771524
Thicc redheads.
>>
>>17771707
That's a terrible way to think of it anon.
You know you want to live comfortably, but you're instilling a sense of guilt in yourself for it. It's something that a lot of people living good lives go through from what I've seen. And I think it happens because people in your shoes simply do not know that something so horrid is possible, until you're suddenly exposed to it. And it’s a way to cope for them.
As someone who's seen a lot of things in life, here's my idea of what life means.
I saw a lot of terrible things as a child. I lost a lot of people. Saw how cruel the world can be. Someone who I respected deeply and saw as my mentor took his own life.
For the longest time I hated myself for letting things like that happen, for not being in their place. I imagined the most unrealistic scenarios in which such events could have been prevented and blamed myself for not making them come true. I sabotaged any chance at my own success. But that's the thing, by pitying yourself and others, and dwelling on how tragic the world is, you're missing the point. And, without knowing it, you may even be hurting someone. Life is ugly, but its hella fun too. Truth is, everybody could give their own interpretation on what the world means. But we don't know. Because we can't know. And I think there's beauty in that. Whether the people suffering right now have a beautiful life waiting for them in the afterlife, or if their existence is limited to having a shitty life, then dying, is not something up for debate.
1/2
>>
>>17771784
The first time I felt happiness, I immediately knew how I wanted to live my life.
Learn to mourn their loss, but move on. If you can't be content living for yourself, then live for others. Be a good person. Become close to people and care about them. If you don't want to be materialistic and worry about stupid things, then don't. Instead, when you feel like you've been screwed over by life, calm down and take a walk. Find someone who may need help and see what you can do for them. You'd be surprised how much you'll learn by simply giving someone a shoulder to cry on. Keep doing it until you feel better.
At some point you'll realize that the people you're helping, want you to be happy as well. And you'll learn to love life a little.
Be happy, there's no helping it. Do what you can and be happy. Move forward, keep looking for answers and be happy. And who knows? You might just figure it out one day.
2/2
>>
>>17771524
Go ask one of your creators why are you alive but chances are they just rolled with it or just wanted to fulfill some stupid life quota
>>
>>17771524
First, do no harm.
Beyond that, give and receive as much happiness as you can.
>>
>>17771524
>Please no >life is what you make it, senpai
Sorry, life has no intrensic meaning. You have it by involving in some relations and placing yourself in some roles with an aim towards fullfilment.
>>
the whole "we live to procreate" thing is completely retarded.
in 4 billion years it will not matter whether you had 10 kids or none. the legacy of humanity itself is on a universal timer so any attemp to contribute to it is meaningless on a large time scale.
>>
>>17771524
Well, google made an AI once and they asked it what the meaning of life is. It simply replied:
> to live forever
>>
>>17771530
>What is memetic legacy
Foolish mortal bound by flesh
>>
>>17771906
>Foolish mortal bound by flesh
Not that retard, but memes are bound by flesh too, as i-memes require people to even exist and e-memes require people to witness them, otherwise they are just matter.
>>
>>17771530

True, but incomplete. It is a combination of passing on your DNA and preparing your offspring for a succesful life, improving their odds of doing the same, and strengthening the multiple levels of groups you belong to, including humanity as a whole.

It is about having kids, while building a legacy, while advancing the tribe, while advancing the species.
>>
ITT: subjective bullshit
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.