[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I'm halfway through sophomore year in college and I still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: big O.jpg (596KB, 1580x2238px) Image search: [Google]
big O.jpg
596KB, 1580x2238px
If I'm halfway through sophomore year in college and I still don't have an established friend group, am I a lost cause socially?

I'm wondering whether I should just keep putting all of my effort into school, fitness, work, and self study or make an active effort to make friends. I just feel like it's impossible to make the step from "friendly acquaintance" to "friend", even with people in my major.
>>
>>17770571
If your college is big enough you can always turn it around, it's never too late.

Though if you can't make friends there's something wrong with you. You need to seek out therapy.
>>
>>17770574
My school only has about 11,500 students, and making positive connections with people I see in classes and everything is easy.

But they aren't "friends" because I never do anything with anyone when I'm not just talking with them on the street or something.

To go beyond that I feel would be extremely hard, much harder than any physical feat or problem to solve.

Should I seek therapy?
>>
>>17770585
Yeah, you probably should. I'm guessing you have low esteem or were bullied at one point.

Connecting with people shouldn't be too hard to do
>>
>>17770587
>I'm guessing you have low esteem or were bullied at one point.
Everyone in my elementary school hated me and I was all alone there from third until fifth grade, but I'm not sure if that counts as bullying.

Either way, I feel like I don't really deserve friends until I get stronger and more knowledgeable.

Could it just be that I need to accomplish something big, and then I'll be able to make friends? Like, getting a PhD or climbing a mountain? Or both?
>>
>>17770603
>Could it just be that I need to accomplish something big, and then I'll be able to make friends?

That's a messed up way of thinking. I seriously think you have asperger's or are so developmentally stunted. Either way it's too much to be solved on 4chan. Go to your school's counseling center. Find someone you like and stick wih them
>>
>>17770609
>Find someone you like and stick wih them
I have roommates I'm good friends with, but I don't just want to piggyback on their friends for my social circle because that's bitchmode.
>I seriously think you have asperger's or are so developmentally stunted.
I've wondered if I have asperger's a lot, and it would be no surprise if I'm seriously developmentally stunted.

Also I went to the counseling center but I really don't want to admit to someone that's literally on the fucking campus that I have a hard time making new friends.
>>
>>17770627
>Find someone you like and stick wih them

I'm talking about a therapist. Find one you like and stick with them. Don't get a woman who gives shit advice. Go for a man who will be honest with you, if they seem like a jerk that's the person you need.

The therapists there are professional, they cannot talk about your case with anyone. Plus, they hear way worse stuff everyday
>>
>>17770639
I'm not sure that there are any male therapists there, all I've gotten is a female intern who I honestly just feel embarrassed to talk to.

And besides, wouldn't getting stronger do more for my confidence than talking to someone?
I bet if I really try I could break my record of 315 on deadlift, it's not much and I still am too embarrassed about how low a number it is to go back to the school gym but if I broke it I might feel adequate.
>>
>>17770644
>And besides, wouldn't getting stronger do more for my confidence than talking to someone?

I've done exactly that. It does shit. Why do you think /fit/ is referred to as /r9k/ with muscles?

Just go see a fucking therapists
>>
>>17770658
I guess I'll do that, obviously what I've been doing hasn't been working so I might as well try it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.