[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I forgive my girlfriend? We had a big fight a year ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1472355203062.jpg (57KB, 720x372px) Image search: [Google]
1472355203062.jpg
57KB, 720x372px
How do I forgive my girlfriend? We had a big fight a year ago and she kissed another guy. I said I forgave her and we tried to move forward. We want to make this work but every time I feel a bit insecure I think of that and it hurts me again. I realize I haven't forgiven her, only stopped talking about it (until we have a big fight again). I want to let it go and be happy.

How do you forgive, forget, and mean it when another person hurts you?
>>
>>17770420
Go find the same black guy she slept with and kiss him
>>
>>17770429
Haha, classic.
>>
Either truly forgive and move on or let her go. It happened, you can't change it, you can only change how you can deal with it. Seek to work on the issue with trust. You have to build it back up. Trust is hard to gain and easy to lose. You need to seek a couples counselor to help you to get through this effectively. At least you acknowledge that you have an insecurity issue, now try to seek help. Every time you think about it, think exactly what made you think of it in the first place. What triggered it? Usually that will reveal what is causing your insecurity. If there is truly love on both sides then you will both do what you can to make this relationship work. You can't have love if you don't have trust and respect. You may find out that you both can't continue so you will have to breakup. That will just mean you will learn from this experience and be better for the next person. Or you will discover you both can come out stronger through this and may lead to permeated things together. Good luck to you both.
>>
*greater not permeated. How autocorrect got that I don't know.
>>
>>17770455
How do I let it go though? I thought i did when i said id still be with her. We have a good time and back to normal except when she talks about say... a guy at work, i think of that kiss, and end up picking a fight. So i didnt really let it go.

Saying I'll move past it isn't the same as doing it. I can't FORGET what she did. Or that she didnt care about me. How do I trick myself into believing she isnt just waiting for the next guy to cheat again
>>
>>17770455
>Gets cheated on
>It's your fault
Women

How about its her fault for doing something she isnt supposed to and hurting someone else just because she thought she could get away with it and it's her responsibility to prove herself worth of trust again and not his to somehow ignore waht his brain tells him?
Op demand everything, demand all sorth of crazy shit, demand she hands you all social media passwords, demand she goes to sleep at 10 pm and she doesn't go out without your company, demand she picks up the phone every half an hour and when she inevitably cheats again make her feel like a whore and tell everyone, after all she already cheated once who would belive her?
>>
>>17770420
Leave her
>>
>>17770477
Cheat on her and find out how well she handles being the one forgiving
>>
>>17770486
>>17770488

I get it. She cheated. We both know it was wrong but I have decided that only a kiss, and her decision not to continue further, and her honesty and admittion to feeling regret is enough that i want to try and move past it.

I have a lot of insecurities myself and im not perfect either.

I'm saying I've tried to forgive her, but i dont think i really have. Is there a way to force it (talking about it more, etc) or should we just call it quits. We both really want to make it work but we cant just wipe our memories.
>>
>>17770512
Transittion into a trans girl and fuck black bulls together?
That thing that doesn't let you forgive her is thousands of generations of genetics letting you know not to spend your resources ask commit to a woman that is likely to end up with someone else's baby not insecurity
And the only thing that's making you want to stay is your dick
Your brain will never accept that keeping her is a good idea no matter how hard you try to shut it up
>>
>>17770531
If i leave I'll lose all my friends and have wasted 3 years. I'm more scared to be alone than anything. I can't bring myself to do it.

How do i gradually start to care less then? Without cheating, as i won't let her bring my character down with her.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.