[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career options for parents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0589.jpg (178KB, 493x957px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0589.jpg
178KB, 493x957px
Hello, my parents are currently working as taxi drivers, but it is making less money than before. They are from the Soviet Union, and they were highly educated there. My father was an expert child psychologist with credentials working with soviet experts (equivalent masters in psychology), but no work experience in America besides taxi. My mother is an HVAC engineer (masters mechanical engineering) with only work expirience here as a secretary besides taxi. What sorts of work can they get if they could approve their diplomas?

I do live with them, but I am currently going to college, and they are helping me through it, if they don't make enough money, they could lose our house, and we could be homeless. My father has a nerve disease, and could need surgery, and lose feeling and movement in half of his face from it.

Thank you.
>>
>>17770081
Bump to keep thread alive. Also, any job earning more than 30 thousand for one would be fine for us.
>>
>>17770090
Well, fuck.
>>
Find anyway you can to get their diplomas approved. For your dad, he should contact any psychology board or call the nearest college that offers that degree. At least a professor can offer contacts and way to start his own business. Check if they are hiring school psychologists in all the schools in your neighborhood and city and county. The same for your mom, check the local or nearest college that offers that engineering degree to ask for meting with professors to make contacts and network. If they speak enough english that is clear enough to communicate and are understandable then they have to try. There is no harm in at least asking, you need to try. Are they part of a taxi service or uber/lyft? Can all three of you do it? lol for an on campus or off campus job. Not only for yourself for money but for experience and to help them a bit out. Even of it is just for a savings account. You may have to look to see if you can apply for loans for school and /or the house and/or the surgery. If his condition is life threatening or worse from lack of surgery, he needs to get it done. You can deal with hospital bills by negotiating how you will pay if you don't have insurance. Is there any chance to sell the house beforehand and move to a tinier home? Or to rent a room in your house? I'd recommend for you to work at a Starbucks just because you can get insurance even as a part timer. Best of luck to you and your family OP.
>>
*meeting and *look not lol.
>>
>>17770415
Thank you very much. It's not life threatening, but he is permanently in pain. He might have a tumor.

They have been in Yellow Taxi for 8 years now, and they need the car for the communte to their work, so I couldn't do Uber.

They speak English well enough, but my mother has a speech impediment when speaking to people she doesn't know. My father might not even be able to work if he does need surgery, because half his face would be immobilized.

If we have too, we could move with our sister and he husband, they have enough room for us.
>>
>>17770466
Her
>>
File: Huskies.jpg (44KB, 604x454px) Image search: [Google]
Huskies.jpg
44KB, 604x454px
>>17770466
Regardless of whether your father is getting surgery, both of you should be networking through the local schools and psychology boards. >>17770415 Was right in saying that you should be moving on this immediately. You've got nothing to lose, and it could lead to a job offer in the future. As for your mother, if she can speak English well, I think she'll be fine. Do you think she could get counseling for her speech impediment? As long as it's not too bad, I doubt it will be an issue. But, this all hinges on your parents getting their diplomas approved. You need to figure out how to make that happen as soon as possible.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.