[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loneliness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1415224384215.gif (3MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
1415224384215.gif
3MB, 240x135px
I guess I just need to vent a little, but maybe you guys have a good input that'll help me out.

I feel incredibly lonely right now. I'll turn 25 this saturday, and last year around the same time I promised myself I would manage to not be single for my next birthday. I failed. It wouldn't be as frustrating if I wasn't processing a current rejection, however that's happened and it eats at me despite me doing my best to not pick at the wound. Ironically enough, it's gotten worse as time moved on. The moment my crush said no, I was fine with it. I didn't even want to dwell on it too much, because I already knew deep down that she doesn't see me that way. I still somehow marinated in it and it started to burden me more and more.

On top of that, I'm not really in a position to meet new women to have somebody to distract myself. I'm a relative poorfag, I make some money as on-demand stagehand, but it's not enough to regularly go out, plus I hate going to "clubs" and as a recent occurence showed they're not even letting me in thanks to my attire. It's not shabby but far from fancy. So there's a place with lots of women that I'm not going to hang around. Tinder hasn't worked so far and I'm not really comfortable using other online platforms, so that's also currently bringing me down.

This weekend was supposed to be fun. Actually have plans for a weekend trip with friends (unrelated to my birthday, just happened to be on the same date), but now I'm pretty sure I'll be moping and possibly even sobbing all the time.
>>
>>17769845
If your only goal for yourself each year is to "not be single"... you essentially answer your own question as to why it isn't happening.

Looking back on my 20s, if I would have pursued any other activity at the extent of what I pursued pussy, I would be a millionaire by now.
>>
You have to start by working on you OP. Women love confidence, if you show desperation or putting yourself down for your current situation,they will sense it and flee. Enjoy the weekend for what it is, a time to have fun with friends. It's ok to be sad, but don't purposefully sabotage yourself. Actually go with the intention to have fun. Maybe bring up the topic in a way that will help you. Ask for dating tips, ask for their input on where to meet people that you can afford. I'd say try where you will meet someone with similar interests. Like the outdoors? Go to places where people regularly hike, join walking groups and you will meet people there. The library if you're a big reader. The local volunteer organization/non-profit. Anywhere that is relatively free and matches your interests. Not for just the purpose of dating, but actually getting to know people, have fun, improve yourself, and you may surprise yourself with meeting the right person or making a friend that will introduce you to the right person for you. 25 is still young. There are so many people out in the world. You will find the right one after you build yourself up and exude confidence in your own likability. Also, a second job or a volunteer opportunity that may lead to one ,ay help with both money and meeting people. Good luck!
>>
>>17769857
I see what you mean, however I wouldn't say it's a conscious focus. It's a nagging feeling in my chest that comes up everytime I see couples or when I have a quiet moment to myself. It's the suddenness and unexpected gravity of it coming up this evening that's made me make this thread, because otherwise I would've rationalised it away.

>>17769872
Thanks for the kind words anon. I've been thinking about those things and they're clearly for the best, I've been putting them off however for a few personal issues and lack of determination. I dread the shared interests, though, because I'm a geek and for some reason all femgeeks in my area seem to be part of the same memespouting and unfunny scene and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to deal with that. I already lost a friend to such behaviour because I couldn't hold a proper conversation with him, anymore.
>>
You are already thinking about it, now take the next step and do them. You are just self sabotaging. If you build yourself up, they will come. You know what to do op, it's up to you to put in the work of you feel love is worth it. If you can't or rather are not willing to do this, and know it will help, how will a woman count on you to be a great and dependable mate, probably future husband, and maybe father some day? Dont feel comfortable in your skin. Best exercise to start with is walking and adding a vegetable or salad with your typical meal. Start small and build yourself up. Ok, the shared interests, don't tell me that it is the only scene you feel comfortable in? Do you like food? Are there no cooking classes? Volunteering at the local senior center just reading to people or offering them tickets to the shows you work on? You have to interact with people to actually meet someone. One bad experience isn't worth not trying again to lead to the right one. Taking up a community college/evening class or some free event to learn something you have even the smallest interest in? Are you in a small town or big city? Why not travel to the nearest big city or next town to meet new people? Come on OP, you can do it. Start by believing in yourself!
>>
>>17769996
I find it pretty unfair, but my crush has actually rejected me over a dude who doesn't seem to have his life any more in order than I do.

Gonna tackle those issues, Anon. Thanks for the good wishes.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.