[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get rid of my insecurities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Pixelpepe.png (13KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
Pixelpepe.png
13KB, 418x359px
Title says it all. I went from shut-in nerd, too educated, fit, tall and confident man in about 2 years.
Problem is, my insecurities stayed and they are killing me.
Recently I started going to dates with this girl, and after every date I feel like killing myself, cause I feel like a failure. I feel like she has no interest, is fucking multible Chads etc. but she always says yes to another date, which I never expected.
In 2 days, she`ll be cooking us some food and we'll be watching a movie at her place.
Luckily I didnt show any of my insecurites towards her, but my friends are annoyed and its not good for myself either. A few days ago I gave a boxingsack such a hard knee, that I couldnt walk properly for the rest of the day.
What can I do? I tried meditation, it´s kind of helping, but the feeling never goes away completely.
>>
>>17769600
Give her your cock. It is the only way
>>
File: gift.jpg (137KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
gift.jpg
137KB, 1632x1224px
> my insecurities stayed and they are killing me

you are one of those rare people who are not afraid to admit this.

happiness never comes from the outside sources. heck ive seen so many poor and careless people who just enjoy life, they do some shitty jobs and dont care too much.

>I feel like she has no interest, is fucking multible Chads etc.

you are overthinking everything. and even if she was a whore, its her who is a whore, not you. why would that make you insecure?

>the feeling never goes away completely

well it will always be there, just find a way to realize it is nothing else than just a feeling.

you are on a path to get to know yourself. that is something education and fitness will never give you. dont just educate yourself in order to be considered smart, or work out just to be considered handsome. learn to move your own limits, to find out about the world within you, and around you. work out to defeat yourself, to move your boundaries, both mental and physical, not to make other people jealous or horny.

ive been there, i had my insecurities, and it ended my relationships, even with so much nice girls. you will go trough this most likely, and it will be even harder than it is at this moment. way harder. but it is the good way.

just remember, final goal is not to overcome this just to be successful and wanted, but the sole purpose of this path is finding out about yourself.
>>
>>17769628
thanks man, you sound really wise.
I am actually working on getting my motivation from the inside, rather than from other people, mainly cause the rewards you get from society are fucking boring.
It super fun and rewarding to become really good at a skill(no matter what skill), so thats the thing Im trying to get happiness from.
Rn I want to become a good programmer and a good BJJ-fighter, not really cause of what other people think, just because its fun.
Maybe its the step in the right direction, maybe not, what do you think?
>>
>>17769655
>It super fun and rewarding to become really good at a skill(no matter what skill), so thats the thing Im trying to get happiness from.

being happy is the state of mind, not things that you will or will not do. and its not about fun, or boredom, or joy or sadness. its something beyond that.

its about loving yourself. not your skills and crafts and strength and fitness. but yourself. then youll be able to love other people, which is the whole point. loving, not expecting to be loved.
>>
I guess you fell for the "if i have xyz, i will finally be happy"-fad.

It's awesome you improved yourself and are trying to be the best version of you, you can. I congratulate your efforts and discipline.

But like getting a new carpet won't miraculously fix the hole in the roof, getting fit won't male you a sane and functional human all on it's own.

You did some outward transformations. Now is the time to shift the focus on personal developement. Iow, reach a more mature state of mind.
Don't get discouraged though. This might take decades. Just keep on going.
>>
>confident
>my insecurities are killing me
does not compute

stop trying to please people
stop trying to make people like you just for the sake of it
stop relying on other people for happiness

I think you might actually benefit from looking into the MGTOW thing. They explain it better, but basically the source of most our insecurities and anxieties is the struggle to rise to social norms. Reaching most of these social norms is beneficial, like getting fit and educated, but even the desire to improve yourself must have its limits, because you do have your limits. There are smarter people than you out there, better looking people and more charismatic people and you need to accept that because their existence doesn't infringe on your happiness. Well not unless you make an issue out of it. With entertainment and social media being the way it is you always stare at much better looking people than yourself, people who achieved much more and so on. And you assume that this is what society expects out of you. You assume that this is what your friends, the girls you're dating, your mom, your neighbors and so on expect from you.

First of all, this is false. For many of us the people who have the highest expectations of us is ourselves. This tends to be true for insecure people more often than not. Secondly and much more important it doesn't matter if people have certain expectations of you. Your objective in life is not (well it shouldn't be) to please them. This sounds like common sense and you may say that you already know that, but deep down most people always try to please their peers for no reason. So, stop worrying about everyones opinion on you. Next time you go on a date don't worry about how much she likes you. Do it to have fun, do it for yourself.

Don't go through life begging for approval from every person you meet. It's worth very little these days. If you want to improve yourself do it for you, for your health and happiness, not for being appreciated.
>>
>>17769600
>boxing sack
>hard knee
>boxing sack

If only you could hard knee your insecurities am I right? Maybe you should put some of them in your boxing sack next time. DOHOHOHOHO
>>
>>17769755
I meant punching bag lol, I just translated it word to word from german and hoped it would be right.
I guess it wasnt
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.