[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I make the risky purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1478534060773.jpg (50KB, 762x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478534060773.jpg
50KB, 762x960px
So I bought this really rare nice looking sweater for $30 (orginally $70) and it came in a size XL which is way too big for me. When I called the distrubuter they said all I can do is return it but I'm probably going to try and sell it at original price.

Im a size s/m and I found he same item in a small online but theres only 1 left, it's from the UK and it's $46 total.

Should I make the risk and purchase the new one then try and sell the old one or just keep my money
>>
What the fuck is a 'rare' sweater? You're delusional if you think you can get the original price for reselling a sweater
>>
What kind of a moron buys clothing that doesn't fit them?
>>
>>17769568
There was no size labeled I was hoping it would be reasonable or I could get a rain check but the distrubuter said they couldn't
>>
>>17769578
Why the fuck didn't you ask?
>>
Would you feel the same way about this sweater if you found out it was on sale for less than half than that tomorrow and you couldn't return the uk purchase without spending even more money? Will this sweater be used every fall/winter? How often do you use your clothes before you give them away, throw them away or store them? If you return the Xl, you won't get any money back? If I could get my money back I'd return it, even if it is store credit. How confident are you that you will be able to sell it? Through craigslist, ebay? If you don't care about not being able to sell it right away, any way to regift it or donate it? It would all come out to two for close to the original price. It depends on your budget too- you're not taking money out of your essentials like bills or food? If not, then go for it if you truly can't be without it and don't care how long it will take to sell. Sometimes you got to treat yourself. :)
>>
>>17769587
Why do you sound so angry? Didn't know where to/think of asking, it was off of a regular market website (it was sold limited through Walmart, Amazon & Ebay as far as I know)

>>17769598
I almost never throw out any shirts I still actually have clothes from my freshman year of high school. If anything I'm not too confident on how to sell the item, I know I can make more profit than orginally purchased and know it might take time just not really skilled at selling items.

I think the real risk is I'm a college student still living at home with my parents and I'm jobless with a certain amount of money atm. I can get the money back and currently looking for a new job but not sure how much time it'll take and I spent a while looking for the the item which seems to be out of stock everwhere I go
>>
The sure thing out of this whole thing is you will get your money back so get it. A sure bit of money is better than risking not being able to sell it for a profit-especially if you are not an experienced seller or have confidence in being able to sell it. Just post a pic and description straight from the website on craigslist. If you can't sell it in a week, return it. Ebay will ask for fees. You may want to splurge on the sweater, but there are more pressing issues with money and a new job. If the sweater came up for sale once, it will again. Use it as motivation, go to interviews, apply anywhere you can so the sooner you get hired, the sooner you will have more confidence in being able to get a sweater like this and other items to come in the future. There are other fish in the sea, there will be even better sweaters out there in the future.
>>
>>17769555
A) The original $70 price isn't expensive for a sweater, so I doubt it's "rare".

B) $46 is not a large amount, and not what anyone would class as a "risk"

C) You are retarded, who the fuck buys clothes without knowing the size.

D) It's likely noone will want your stupidly large sweater, that's why it was cheap to begin with.
>>
>>17769732
I'm not sure why you have the tendency to be an asshole
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.