[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tasc math portion (GED) Idk what to do now :(

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-11-07_342134974.jpg (237KB, 1914x1051px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-07_342134974.jpg
237KB, 1914x1051px
Please ignore the picture, I didn't wanna go find another one so I used one from a game I play. Anyway, hi there /adv/, I'm at my wits end here... I don't know what to do or what's wrong with me. I took my Tasc test (formerly the GED) in NYC in June, I got my results back in July, and passed everything but math. I've been really frustrated since then and have barely studied at all. I kept telling myself that I would take the math in December but I never sent my application out and now it's like 4 weeks away so I have to wait until next year in the spring. My question to you is this:
What do I do now? I feel so embarrassed and defeated from failing the math portion, going in and knowing I would, that I just feel like I'm gonna fail it again and never get into college. I don't want to keep working my shit job forever. PLEASE help me, /adv/... :'(
>>
You actually passed most of it, that's a good thing. You actually took the test in the first place, that's also a good thing. You don't want to keep working your shit job and want to improve your situation, that's another good thing. There are more positive things going for you than negative. Your self defeatist attitude won't help, you said it yourself. So flip the script and take this time before the next test to study, study, study. There must be study books and groups that will help. Even if you have to make one up yourself through craigslist. Also, you might want to check your local community college and/or high school to see if they offer tutoring for the test. It is never embarrassing to have a job and seeking to improving yourself. After you pass, and you will because you have already shown you can be successful, and enter college, you will realize that this fretting was all for naught. You just took a different route to the same destination as your fellow college students. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Not many people have your drive or opportunity op, don't waste it. Good luck!
>>
Math needs practice. Practice math.
>>
>>17769502
I was thinking it was good too, I was like, "FUCK YEAH I FINALLY TOOK IT!" And then I was like, "FUCK NO I KNEW I FAILED MATH." And I've never, ever been good at math... But I DO want a better job someday, and I DO want my kids someday be proud of me as much as I want my fiance to. I have considered classes for it but I always think, like, "I dont wanna commute" (my job is literally down the block so I walk everywhere I need to go). But it might not be a bad idea... if anything else I do still have a tasc book, I have a website I studied with and the tasc site gives a list of high and low emphasis questions. I dont remember what I coulda got wrong but I know there was a lot of algebra, some diameter,, 7 gridded answers and I thik a few about area and lie two word problems. Thanks for the supporting words and actual advice anon. :)
>>
>>17769513
I know I need to practice it, and there is a list of high to low ephasis on the math section, but it's difficult to nail down exactly what I have to focus on, because as I mentioned in the above post, there were several different sections and I cant remember which questions I was confused about. Except gridded answer, I know I got those 7 wrong. But I definitely wanna atleast have my GED and consider college options before my fiance and I have kids so I really want this. Not just for me, but for him and for our kids we plan to have, so they can grow up and have a nice life, not have to struggle.
>>
If help is only a commute away, go for it. It is a short investment of your time but worth it in the long run. You will have to commute for college and your future better job anyway, I imagine. You said yourself you are confused on some parts, it may help to have interaction with others that can help better explain the concepts you're confused about. You have great reasons to do this, I wish you success in all your endeavors! :)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.