[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aren't you meant to enjoy life? Why are you working?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1479310389643.jpg (55KB, 459x534px) Image search: [Google]
1479310389643.jpg
55KB, 459x534px
Aren't you meant to enjoy life?
Why are you working?
>>
pleasure without work shrinks your pleasure center.

if you were meant to 'enjoy life' as in, ONLY enjoy it, then conflict wouldnt exist, we wouldnt feel stress.

ergo you are meant to enjoy life... and also suffer.
>>
I work every day towards my dream and goal with will hopefully bring me even more happiness.
>>
You need to struggle to appreciate the rewards of life.
>>
>>17769353
This. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that working forty hours a week is ideal by any means. But having 100% leisure time makes everything seem less exciting and special and keeps it very hard to stay motivated to reach goals that would make you happy when reached.

For most people work themselves is boring/frustrating/draining a lot of the time, but in turn it adds to their identity (they develop skills and see themselves in a different light, they build new social dynamics with their coworkers) and gives them a sense of accomplishment and peace of mind being able to take care of their responsibilities in life and to buy the things they desire with money they earned themselves. It makes them respect themselves more, makes their free time that much more precious and adds something to their life.

Having said that, I still think something like 24hrs would be better. But the idea that life would all around be much more enjoyable with zero pressure to get shit done is a misunderstanding.
>>
>>17769350
If you find good work it's not a chore, it's tiresome yes, but you feel accomplished and when you have free time for leisure you enjoy it even more.
Trust me, I've had months of doing nothing but vidya, partying, drinking and smoking weed, all the shit I like, but without a nice way to create something or at least partake in it, all the pleasure isn't so pleasurable.
A cold beer after a days work is much tastier than drinking it after doing jack shit all day.
>>
Your job doesn't have to be whatever a man screaming on the phone in traffic is. Once you settle for a middle class existence all kinds of rewarding careers open up.
>>
>>17769410

I work a 25 hour work week and I have to agree. I think a 30 hour work week would be fine as well, but you know... wishful thinking regardless, most people need a lot more than what I do.

but yeah, jobs also dont have to be bad. i like my job a lot.
>>
File: 1479037600346.gif (301KB, 270x271px) Image search: [Google]
1479037600346.gif
301KB, 270x271px
I don't work, at least not anymore, for the last 3 years.

I've been enjoying the absolute fuck out of life ever since. Don't know about this "you have to work so you feel accomplishment when you reach your goals after suffering".

Guess not everyone is the same.
>>
>>17769432
Do you live with parents or a partner supports you? How do you get by? What do you occupy your time with (truthfully)?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.