[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on tipping at a restaurant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 6

File: 3-wait.jpg (23KB, 573x300px) Image search: [Google]
3-wait.jpg
23KB, 573x300px
Unless if the waiter/waitress was absolutely pleasant, engaged in the formal chat regarding taking my order, and did their job well (I don't demote the wait staff for the chef's mistakes) I won't tip. When I do tip, it's anywhere from $2-$5 depending on what I get. I don't go to fancy places, just the regular mom and pop shops and such.

Some people get appalled (Always individuals with previous wait staff experience) that I "tip so low" on usually a $12-$15 meal.

>Am I the only one who just feels that wait staff are trained to be these entitled money grabbers that cry when they don't get what they want?

No, I'm not some geriatric saying millennials are shit. I'm a millennial myself, but I can't believe that some people actually think they deserve at least a $5 tip for walking to my table, bringing me a drink and my food, and a few following check ins to see if I'm fine. I understand they get paid shit, but the mentality of "If you can't afford to tip you can't afford to eat" seems a bit shitty because if nobody went there at all they wouldn't have a job to begin with.

Am I in the wrong mindset here? Is there something in the waitstaff process I'm just not appreciating?
>>
>>17768349
You're right it is bullshit. They need to be payed fair wages. Not here in America apparently. We need to give them more money on top of the meal. I still tip, so I'm definitely a part of the problem. It's just the way the culture is. We need a solution, but I don't know.
>>
>>17768349
You maybe don't realise this but waitstaff usually have to tip out for every bill they have. For example, if you spent $20 at a restaurant the waitstaff pays a portion of that to the restaurant (so they can tip the cooks and the management).

This means that every time you don't tip, they pay out of pocket for you to be there. If you were someone's only table of they day they would owe money to the restaurant (not counting their terrible wage they may have made over the few hours they were there).

It's a shit system but I don't think hurting the staff is going to change it.
>>
>>17768349
It's a shit system like so any anons before me have pointed out, I'm not here to give you money, I'm here to eat, shit, I can go up to the counter order the food myself, bring it to my own table and take my dishes to the same counter without a waiter, the hole system is set up to let restaurants make as much money as possible without having to pay the waiters anything
>>
File: callingbullshit.gif (56KB, 262x303px) Image search: [Google]
callingbullshit.gif
56KB, 262x303px
>>17768349
>you go there and pay their boss a markup on the food
>you are also expected to make up for the workers' low wages
>you pay double, workers get fair wage, bosses wipe their ass with $100 bills
Motherfucking waiters ask for a tip to fucking WALK from the kitchen to your table. You know who you should tip? The chef, because if your food is excellent, that's the person you should thank.
>>
>>17768349
I never tip but then i live in a country where we do insanse shit like pay our workers a livable wage. If they go way above and beyond i'll give them $20 but i've done it rarely.
>>
http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2012/08/tipping-in-america-how-to-do-it-and-what-to-expect-if-you-dont
>9. What’s likely to happen if I don’t tip?
This depends. Explain to the manager why you’re not tipping and, so long as your reason is their poor service and not your moral objection to tipping, you’ll probably get a gracious response. They may even take money off your bill. If, however, you skulk off without tipping, don’t be surprised if wait staff chase after you and demand an explanation.
>>
>>17768349
2-5 dollars on a 12-15 dollar tab is not low from the unspoken 15% rule of thumb. "Some people" are autistic and retarded as fuck.

I tip a minimum of 5 dollars, usually 7.5 for run of the mill service and 10 is the person was above average. I used to work in the food service and I know what it's like to work shit hours for below minimum wage despite 30% commission rates on average.

The expression "if you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to eat" is a shitty expression but it has some merit. It's okay for the occasional person to not tip, but if multiple people do it shit sucks.
>>
>>17768450
*Greentext all the way.
>>
File: whatacuntry.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
whatacuntry.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
>>17768450
>don’t be surprised if wait staff chase after you and demand an explanation.
Haha holy shit.
>>
>>17768349
You know what i do? Just let them keep the change. But i'm not too cheap so i don't try to pay the exact price at a restaurant.
Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
Even giving a tip is a sing of generosity.
>>
>>17768460
Is this really the way it is?
>>
File: wat.gif (1MB, 460x243px) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
1MB, 460x243px
>>17768466
It must be. Like fucking bizzaro world hearing this shit.
>Go to shop buy product
>Store brings it to me
>Pay for product
>Staff runs out and demands to know why i'm not paying his wage.
Food in burgerland best be fucking significantly cheaper on average if you're just expected to pay the fucking staffs wages there.
>>
>>17768396

Am European and traveled on my continent. The "don't tip" BS is a meme. Most people I know tip in Europe, regardless of country. The no tipping stuff might be the subject of a circlejerk, but it doesn't mean that it's true.

Most people don't see tipping as a way to make up for the waiters' shitty wage. It's a "tradition", something you do to show that you're not a complete asshat.
>>
>>17768460
I go out to eat with my friends and one is a faggot who never tips. I have never experienced anything like this.
They'll usually just glare at you for a bit.
>>
I'm not gonna bother writing out a whole thing about this, but I've been in the restaurant business for many years, sometimes as a waiter.

Some people know this, some don't, but wait staff make ~3$ an hour (which all goes to taxes so they never actually see a check). Tips are literally the only money they get. Furthermore, the waitstaff have to tip the bartenders and the bus boys at the end of every shift, out of pocket. And god forbid they have a table walk out on a bill, because that comes out of their pocket too if you're unlucky enough to work corporate.

I know people think that being a waiter is just bringing drinks over and smiling. Sometimes it is, most of the time it's a crazy stressful job where strangers yell at you about things that you have no control over. I'm an EMT, my job it's literally stopping people from dying, and I find it less stressful that waiting tables.

Sure, you can say "oh get a better job". Lots of young waiters are in the back doing homework while waiting for your food. The older ones use the job to pay for food and utilities. You can make a living wage from it, as long as everyone plays ball. Imagine if you worked, but instead of $15 an hour, you got stiffed and suddenly made $10. Pretty big difference if you have a kid at home. If you're the societal pariah like most people who refuse to tip think they are, you'd think you could spare an extra $3 on your check. At least, if you hold this practice in such regard, tell them right off the bat.

> But I'll get bad service!
No shit, because nobody wants to serve on you hand and foot for free. Tipping is part of the bill, it's not a surprise, just carry an extra few bucks.

Just watch Reservoir Dogs.
>>
>>17768913
Whoops I wrote a whole thing
>>
All I fucking know, is if my free refill cup is god damn empty and at the edge of the table, I shouldn't have to call you over to get me a fucking refill, and if I do, you best bet that's at least half of your tip gone right there.

Take my order, bring me my food, and refill my drink when it's empty.
>>
>>17768921
Don't worry about it. Getting a post from an actual waiter on this is extremely helpful. I'm glad you wrote all that you did.
>>
>>17768349
It's worth noting that the IRS presumes a set level of tips for waiters, and requires them to add that to their wages for income tax purposes. So the waiter you don't tip is not only going to make less than the minimum wage, but he's going to have to pay tax on what you didn't give him.
>>
>>17768939
Oh, I forgot to add this. I owed $1000 to the government when I ended my waiting job because of no tips and walk outs.
>>
>>17768953
>wahhh I should've paid attention in my high school economics class

>but that's probably why I'm waiting tables in the first place anyway
>>
>>17768956
>This is the first post in the thread I read all the way through!
Tell me about you major, so I can tell you exactly how many waiters and waitresses with that degree I've met.
>>
>>17768961
I never said anything about going to college, even I'm not that dumb.
>>
>giving tips
>for a person who is doing what he's paid for
I'll never understand this concept.
>>
>>17768981
Man, you sure are showing me
>>
>>17768992
I think the IRS is the one showing you something.

"You're so bad at managing finances that you are in debt for 4 figures!"
>>
>>17768988
They aren't getting paid for it
>>17768913

Wait staff literally see no money that isn't tips. If you have a problem with the corporate practice, that's fine, but stop using excuses to justify stiffing someone.

Do you wanna wait on me for free? Just throw a couple bucks on top, man. If money is really that tight, spare yourself the soda.
>>
>>17768993
You literally don't know what you're talking about.

The government taxes tipped employees based on what they assume you make. They think you made $100, but you made $70 (thanks to a couple that decided after an hour and a half of taking up your table space, preventing any NEW people from beginning a check, that they didn't want to tip), you still are taxed for $100.

This, every day, for a year or two can really fuck up your tax situation, especially of its your only source of income. ESPECIALLY if you're some young 20-something who doesn't know any of this. You know, like yourself.

All of this was I was explained in the post, like, right above yours.
>>
I went to order pizza last week, and they actually have an option to pay extra to get your delivery before someone else on the route.

So, now they not only require you to tip the drive, you also have to pay a delivery fee, and an pre-tip to get your order delivered in a priority type of manner

microtransactions everywhere

PS any waiter worth his shit ni tips, knows that the code for getting more money is to present the receipt with the drink prices removed, and it'll prompt the diner to use the drink money for the waiters tip.
>>
>>17769017
Because YOU are incapable of recording how much money YOU make, you want to blame everyone else?

If I don't file my taxes appropriately I'd probably owe money just the same, you're just retarded.
>>
>>17769004
>They aren't getting paid for it
Why not? On my country, waiter job is paid, has all rights like any other job, etc. So we don't tip at all.
What kinda of shithole doesn't pay them?
>>
>>17769020
Hah. When you say drinks, mean booze? Or soda?

Because in any of the two dozen restaurants I've worked, that's grounds for immediate termination. On top of that, no waiter is gonna remove $30 from a check for maybe a $7 tip. Beyond that, almost anywhere, waiters don't have the authority to remove things from the bill without a manager code.

I don't know what kind of restaurants your grandad visited, but that simply isn't true anymore, and if you expect that you are either living in some workforce utopia or it's never actually happened.
>>
>>17769035
Soda is what I was meant. You know, you take 4 drinks off the tab, or at least the kids drinks off, and that's 4-8 bucks in tips for you on that.
>>
>>17769027
And because YOU are incapable of understanding the very simple notion that rules are not the same for tipped employees, I'm electing to end this conversation. I haven't been a waiter in 10 years, mate, my tax situation has been mint for a long time.

>>17769033
America. I don't agree with it either, but when you refuse to tip, you're not sticking it to the man, you're sticking it to a college student who's trying desperately trying to make tuition in a few months, surviving on ramen and burnt food.
>>
>>17769042
Ok, that's different and not very unusual
>>
>>17769056
You realize if you track what you make, the government can't tell you what you made, right?

It's not some rule "ALL WAITERS MAKE THIS SALARY AND PAY THIS TAX" it's "ALL LAZY SHITLORDS WHO WANT TO TRY AND SCAM THE SYSTEM AND SELL DRUGS ON THE SIDE GET TAXED THIS AMOUNT"

Your bad accounting doesn't make me feel bad for stiffing a bad waiter.
>>
>>17769068
And what I'm telling you, as someone who got this squared away long before you had pubes, that THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR TIPPED EMPLOYEES. I don't know how to express this any more clearly.

The laws regarding this are literally posed in every restaurant, I read them every day for the last decade.

Hyperbole is the death cry of an argument.
>>
>>17768396
This. The reason why tipping is socially mandatory is because it's perfectly legal to only pay waitresses/waiters like, 3 bucks an hour.
>>17768349
I agree completely though, tips should be just that, a tip for exceeded service. Not because we have to cover their shitty employer trying to rip them off for free labor.
Problem is, cheapos don't like that. There was a restaurant chain in my town that tried switching to a no tipping situation, paid the waitresses minimum, and upped the prices on the menu to cover it. People got pissed because their fish cost 50 cents more and quit going.
So when you think of it that way, you're right and wrong about the "can't afford to tip can afford to eat". Because clearly these people that left the restaurant were never tipping to begin with, or they were too stupid to realize in the end they were still spending the exact same money, just the money they would have used to tip went into the actual bill. Either way, the wait staff gets fucked.
Though I think instead, the government just needs to say "Ok hey, we set this minimum wage standard, we should fucking honor it. It's illegal to pay your wait staff any below the minimum wage. Don't care if they get tips or not, minimum is minimum."
Yeah, in the beginning there will be the cheap asses pissing and moaning about their 50 cent increase in meals for a while, but the beauty of fat lazy americans is that when it's all around them and they can't avoid it, they'll give up because cooking at home is too much work.
>>
>>17769085
>wahhhh i don't know how to record how much money i make so I let the government tax me for whatever they want

WAHHHHHH WHY CAN'T I TRACK MY FINANCES IN AN APPROPRIATE MANNER THAT WOULD CLEAR ME FROM DEBT WITH JUST A SLIGHT AMOUNT OF INVOLVEMENT
>>
>>17769093
For a dude who can't get into college and fails to grasp simple concepts like " X=/=Y" , you sure have an inflated ego.

My buddy just lost his license because the restaurant he works for has been pocketing his child support for six months. This happened to another friend, too. I know the idea that there are things going on that you DON'T have all the answers to might scratch that glass pedestal you're standing on, but humor me for a moment and assume that people might actually take advantage of low income employees.

I recorded my tips, doofus. Uncle Sam doesn't give a fuck, they set a bar and say "make this much or else".

Go be a waiter if it's so fucking easy. God knows you could stand the people skills.
>>
>>17769124
tldr I'm dumb and let people take advantage of me because I'm too stupid to actually think I should be accountable for my own finances.
>>
>>17769168
A'ight man, whatever, you're the best. I'm sure every single person reading this will appreciate the thought and effort you put into your posts, and not just think you're a knob.
>>
Okay I have a question for those waiters in this thread...

I read somewhere a while ago that if the server didn't make enough money to meet minimum wage with their tips, then they are allowed to go back to the restaurant and seek compensation. Not exactly sure what seeking compensation would entail, but it seems like if I were to stop tipping, then the wait staff could just go to their boss when taxes come around and say "Look! You owe me $___ because my total income didn't add up to minimum wage!"

Is this true or no...?
>>
>>17769251
Technically yes, they make up the difference UP TO the state minimum wage.

I have literally never, ever seen anyone honor that, though.
>>
>>17769848
tldr I'm dumb and let people take advantage of me because I'm too stupid to actually think I should be accountable for my own finances.
>>
>>17769851
Ok
>>
>>17768349

>I'm a millenial myself

we know. we could tell when you said you dont tip.

if you don't tip, thats fine, but tell the waiter BEFORE you order that you only tip for amazing service.
>>
Industry's about to boom again, how bout waitstaffers get a job making real money instead of bitching about people who don't tip. Everybody cries about not being able to get a job, yet I have a job and I still find places everywhere that are hiring.
>>
>>17768913
This is why I never order food from restaurants, I'd rather cook food myself. Those workers get paid to do their jobs properly, but apparently some might do something to your food or not provide adequate service if you don't give them their "well-deserved" whore money.

>wait staff make ~3$ an hour

What is the Fair Labor Standards Act?
>>
>>17768349
As a millennial I hate you.
I tip fat all the time if they treat me good.
Having worked in the back of several restaurants I know how servers get treated on the regular and tip as such.
>>
I'm a two dollar tip guy at mom pop shops. That is totally fair considering your meal is 10-15 bucks.
>>
>>17769980

This is a swell and dandy argument, but arguing "why don't you get a better job if you want to get paid" while still being the one who wants this job to exist because you use it as a service is fucking stupid.

If you're so passionate that waitstaff should get better jobs, stop going to places that need waitstaff.

This is all coming from someone with a well paying job way outside of service.
>>
Minimum tip is 2 dollars, regardless of the total price. After that, 30% if they wowed me, 20% is standard, 15% if unsatisfactory, 10% if they fucked up enough to irritate me. Oh, and no tip is reserved for if they really pissed me off.

And of course, always round up to the nearest dollar.

Tried and true. I can get into the details of what I look for in service, but that's always how I play it.
>>
>>17768349
You don't have to tip.

You also don't have to be a good person.
>>
It's been a whole day and nobody has watched Reservoir Dogs. You philistines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBzj61KvTrk

Applicable scene starts about 4 minutes in
>>
>All these man children who think they're "fighting the system" by fucking over wait staff

>Wahhh my 5 dollars waaaaaah, they didn't earn it even though they work what is pretty much accepted by everyone who's ever even been close to the food industry knows is one of the hardest jobs out there (in america at least)

>Waaaaah I DESERVE this because it's your job

Where the fuck are your parents? They're either ashamed of that behavior, or they're retarded
>>
>>17768401
Not at all how it works. A portion of the top goes to tip runners and chefs, that's it. Not any of the actual bill. Where the FUCK were you working??
>>
>>17772284
>Waaaaah I DESERVE this because it's your job

Yeah man, fucking customers going to restaurants to get hard by seeing us poor wait staff working like slaves. Fuck the system :^))
>>
>>17768450
>don’t be surprised if wait staff chase after you and demand an explanation
if the waitstaff chases me because of a tip/lack of tip, they're going to be unemployed immediately after they cross the threshold
>>
>>17768469
>>17768466
it is not like that, starting a confrontation like that over a 10-15% tip is a great way to end up fired or murdered
>>
>>17768921
>>17768913
did you grow up under powerlines or did you choose to grow up retarded?
>wait staff make ~3$ an hour (which all goes to taxes so they never actually see a check). Tips are literally the only money they get.
whoever told you this is lying. if your hourly wage+tips =/= minimum wage, your employer is REQUIRED BY LAW to pay the difference. if you're pocketing your tips without reporting them (which is tax evasion btw) your employer has no idea how much you're making in tips
>And god forbid they have a table walk out on a bill, because that comes out of their pocket too if you're unlucky enough to work corporate
also super illegal because you're not being paid for hours worked. Corporate businesses, have an item line in their budget for walk-outs/spoiled food/other odds and ends.
>You can make a living wage from it, as long as everyone plays ball
minimum skill gets minimum pay. this is a job for high school/college kids, not something to pay your 401K
>> But I'll get bad service!
>No shit, because nobody wants to serve on you hand and foot for free
you're getting a paycheck to DO YOUR FUCKING JOB, you chose to obtain employment where the lion's bulk of your pay is social extortion, nothing is forcing you to work there
>>
>>17768349
Unless the service is absolutely mind blowing, I usually only tip 8-10%.

That said, one time I commented to this waiter that I really liked the garlic sauce and bread. He brought me like a basket full of both without me asking. I tipped him 25%
>>
>>17773105
>you're getting a paycheck to DO YOUR FUCKING JOB

And they aren't obligated to do their job within your standards of 'wellness' just because they get a paycheck. Especially if you're not tipping.

They are obligated to offer the level of service their employer demands, no more or no less. Don't bitch because you were a stingy fuck and are now mildly inconvenienced for it, it outs you for the manchild you are.
>>
>>17768349
>Am I in the wrong mindset here?
Well, It is a bs system

>Is there something in the waitstaff process I'm just not appreciating?

But, the tips are considered part of their salary, allowing the employer to pay underminimum wage, assuming their tips with make up for it.

First step to breaking this. Transform the workplace into a Coopertive. Allow the employees make collective decisions, including what their pay should be set at. Cooks and those typically not serving should have a slightly higher base pay than the waiters, but still, the waiters should be making at least minimum wage depending on type of restaurant.
>>
I pay for the food which includes service.

Tipping is for cucks.

Pay is shit? Nobody told you to work a shit low paid job.

Atleast immigrants don't bitch and do their job
>>
>>17773255
hello socialist practicing entryism

kill yourself
>>
>>17773234
see
>>17773275

You are obligated to the 3 dollar an hour service if you choose to pay for the 3 dollar an hour service. The rest of us, civilized adults, are not so poor enough that we cannot afford the 7 dollar an hour service by throwing an extra four dollars at the waiter.

Don't like it? Don't bitch.
>>
>>17773276
Please, explain
>>
>>17773281
>You are obligated to the 3 dollar an hour service if you choose to pay for the 3 dollar an hour service.

Maybe in your shitty back water state

The customer is not at fault for the dumbass waiter purposely going for a low paying job when there's dozens out there that pay better
>>
>>17773318
>implying the populated coastal states aren't the biggest jews about tipping

Nice try falseflagging flyover filth. Try refuting my arguments next time instead of spewing your "NOT IN MYYYY BACKYARD" rubbish.
>>
File: 1476986035217.png (30KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1476986035217.png
30KB, 384x384px
Minimum wage for servers is $2.13/hr. Employers are supposed to make up the difference if the server isn't getting $7.25/hr but rarely do - employer can just say the server lied about his tip total. So yes, you should tip. You have probably never held a minimum wage job to have this mindset.
>>
>>17772284
>so called land of the free
>can't even choose not to tip without being frowned upon
>>
>>17773333
I don't ageee with tipping. Especially how it's gotten out of hand to a point where I'm supposed to tip for them making a cup of coffee.
But while you're free, others are free to judge you.
>>
I tip about 20% and don't give much thought to tipping more or less depending on the performance.

It's a stupid system but whatever, costs me the same if they decided to remove the tips system and pay the staff normally, cause it would be added to the meal price.
>>
>>17773321
You probably live in Chicago little bitch.

And no it only happens in poor ass dirty states where waiter are paid low
>>
>>17773383
>IL
>Not flyover as fuck

lmao the midwesterner thinks he's people again!
>>
Reminder that Waiters actually make bank doing unskilled work that is for the most part extremely easy, and these fucking crybabies suggest you shouldn't buy a soda and instead give that money to them.

It's fucking bullshit and they're working extremely hard to keep the appearance of really struggling, else everyone would start waitering.
>>
>>17773348
I love how in America people don't stand for others. You are the land of people who don't help each other. Why is it that you don't riot against these kinds of systems I wonder
>>
>>17773423
We believe in standing for yourself, not for others. This is a fundamental difference between American and European mindsets, and one that usually leads to culture shock.
>>
>>17773413
>restaurant industry
>Easy

Confirmed for never working near a restaurant in a day of your life.

>consuming carbonated sugar water
>>
>>17773234
>Don't bitch because you were a stingy fuck and are now mildly inconvenienced for it
don't whine on a Korean scribble board because you were dumb enough to take a job that pays less than minimum wage. you can at least make minimum wage sweeping in a shop or pumping gas
>>
>>17773388
how'd that election go for you again?
>>
>>17773413
Idiot
>>
I don't get this logic of "it's a shitty job that doesn't pay well, so fuck those guys." Being a janitor sucks, but that doesn't mean you shit all over a restroom because fuck that guy who has to clean it up.

If you really have a problem with the tipping system, contact the CEOs of those restaurants. Boycott them. Restaurants get away with underpaying employees because customers are paying them. You're not doing anything but hurting people trying to pay their bills or support their family.
>>
>>17768349

I was a waiter for 2 years. Now I have a much better job.

> Waiting is easy
So why don't you do it then? If it's such easy money then go for it

> The tipping system is unfair
I agree, but you not tipping the waiter fairly is like a person hating cancer so they go beat up a cancer patient

If you don't tip like this, you're scum:
> Shit services, 10% or less
> Just okay service 15%
> Good service 20%
> Anything above good 25%+

Also if you go to a restaurant regularly and you wanted be treated well and have a good time with friends, then part of that is showing some generosity to the staff.

But hey if you wanna be a selfish dick, because the "system isn't fair" then tip poorly and hopefully no one will fuck with your food.
>>
>>17773275
Except it doesn't pay for service. They don't get paid by anyone except you, directly. And they're serving YOU.

If you want service included in your tip, get ready for much more expensive food and much worse service.
>>
>>17773105
You call me retarded, but everything you said is factually wrong.

The laws regarding this are posted in every single restaurant in America. I've read these rules while sitting there prepping food more times than you've tugged your dick. Go look them up yourself.

And no, servers do not see a paycheck.
>B-but that's not true!
It is
>>
>>17772213
I'm not surprised this has no replies.
>>
>>17768349
I tip 20% average, because 15% just isn't enough anymore. If your service is horrible, then you'll get 15%. I'm never exact, so it might be slightly more or less than these 2 figures. If they're really good, they'll get 25%. If I stay longer than expected, I tip more than what I originally would've, or if I have a special request that they fulfill. In the future, a kid will also have a similar effect. I know waiters hate kids.

I knew someone in high school that waited on tables, and I never thought of this stuff until she was ranting someday to someone about it.
>>
>>17773133
>>Unless the service is absolutely mind blowing, I usually only tip 8-10%.
Wow…you are a fucking cheapskate.

>>17773433
>We believe in standing for yourself, not for others.
That's utter horseshit! Maybe the right-wingers only care about themselves, but progress has only been made in this country by people fighting for more than just themselves.
>>
>>17768401
The staff is hurting themselves for accepting work at a shit place
>>
>>17769251
Yes and you'll be fired for being such a shit waiter
>>
>>17768349
Don't it's a stupid fucking thing that only dumb amerifats do because they literally get paid less than minimum wage.
>>
>"They should just get a better job!"
>Can't throw $3 to someone who spends the next hour serving them
>>
>>17775072
So, it really works itself out then.

If you're a shit waiter, you don't get tips as we've well established here, and it's just like any other job if you under perform.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.