[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Highway Driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1457563995359.jpg (44KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
1457563995359.jpg
44KB, 600x402px
Next week, I have an interview that's a 6 hour drive away. It's for a job that I would start in May when I graduate.

I was anticipating the company flying me out but instead they're getting me a rental to drive there. I've never driven on the highway so this 6 hour drive (part of it is through the heart of I90 in Chicago) is making me nervous.

Does anyone have any highway driving tips?
>>
Take breaks. Don't think "I don't need one" because you're lying and you know it.
>>
It's boring, but don't allow yourself to get bored.

9/10 of the time you'll be alone.
But still pay at least half-attention.

Audiobooks help to keep your attention on staying awake.

Watch out for highway hypnosis
>>
>>17767770
How often would you suggest? My girlfriend lives ~1/2 way between my start and end point so I was going to stop there
>>
>>17767772
How to avoid highway hypnosis? Just stay alert?

Is merging on to the highway as hard as people make it seem?
>>
>>17767801
Stay alert, pretty much.

Audiobooks help.
Like, highway hypnosis sets in when the world you see is the same over and over and over and over again.
But a book helps you keep part of your mind awake.

And merging is easy so long as you treat it like you're a person merging into a crowd.
You don't bump into people when you're walking off the metro or what have you?
>>
>>17767794
Maybe every 1 and a half hours then? That makes three stops along the way, which seems pretty reasonable. Even if a couple are just quick piss and coffee breaks, that should be okay then.
>>
Thanks for the help everyone!
>>
>>17767825
Get that fucking job, nigga

I'm unemployed and I feel like one bad day away from the fuckin noose.

You get that job, you get a good pay, and you do all the fuckin bougie shit that I want to do
>>
>>17767878
I'll get it for you, anon bro
>>
>>17767801
merging is easy. match speed. do not fucking slow down just because you haven't found a spot. if your'e still goign slower than them when its time to merge, you shouldn't have been going that slow. when there is a big enough gap, if you aren't going TOO slow, get into that spot WHILE accelerating as much as you can to match their speed so the person behind you doesn't HAVE to brake too hard.

i find that a lot of people merge before accelerating, and it's stupid and dangerous. also i find that people are scared of accelerating too fast? like yo, accelerate as quickly as you have to to match speed. it doesn't matter.
>>
>>17767901
Yeah, b'yyyyyyy

You go into that interview with a big fucking dick and not a drop of sweat on your forehead
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.