[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Illness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: suicide-trump.jpg (62KB, 618x412px)
suicide-trump.jpg
62KB, 618x412px
Anyone else live with someone with a mental illness? In my case, my older sister (23) has schizophrenia. She just got out of the hospital yesterday morning after trying to "kill" herself for the 3rd time by taking 90 pills, this time was by far the most serious. Kill was in quotes because everytime she pulls this shit she tells someone immediately after taking the pills and says to call the cops or whatever. Anyway I couldn't bring myself to care any of the times nor this time around, even when she was on life support. Only thing i was thinking about was that I would be sad for my parents, since I know it would be devastating for them. My sister is a nightmare to live with, this has been going on for years of her doing nothing with her life, refusing help, drinking and us having to take care of her, having psychotic episodes, in and out of the hospital...and it's fucking stressful and I cry myself to sleep very often. Im the younger sister, 20 years old, and I'm jsut so sick of it. i wish the hospital or SOMEBODY would just take her away so me and my mom could finally be free and happy. Even the thought of moving out and escaping all of this doesn't make me happy because I know I would be leaving my mom to deal with it alone. I would like to know other people's experiences, whether you yourself have the mental illness or if you lived with someone that had one, and what became of them/did they get better/finally move out/do something with their lives?
>>
>>17767701
Why not just move out?
>>
Welcome to real mental illness, not the pussy "waaah my girl dumped me so im depressed :(((" crap you usually here on here. It's life ruining, and ruining to everyone else in that life's orbit.

You can move out, but that would effectively be dumping the responsibility on your parents. They would understand I'd imagine, but still.

Schizophrenia is a condition where if the pills don't achieve functional remission, nothing else will but dumb fucking luck.

I hope you achieve some sort of satisfactory solution OP, because you have a real problem unlike most people on /adv/.
>>
>>17767748
>"Even the thought of moving out and escaping all of this doesn't make me happy because I know I would be leaving my mom to deal with it alone"

besides, im in my third year of college, i cant afford that shit. I HAD been previously in an apartment wih 2 roommates for year 1 and 2 but that situations over now.

>>17767771
Yeah, moving out wouldn't make me happy. maybe if I had parents plural, but it would just be my mom to deal with her and that thought breaks my heart. Thanks for at least listening and taking me seriously, I hate when people disregard my feelings and say well at least you don't have the illness you're being insensitive yadda yadda.
>>
>>17767788
Well, at least you don't have the illness yet...
>>
>>17767831
don't think i'm gonna get it. It develops teens/early twenties, but the thing that probably triggered it in my sister more than anything is the drugs she did, not just weed but pretty hardcore shit like cocaine and heroine and who knows what else.
>>
>>17767861
It can trigger at any age. It's just most commonly encountered during the 15-25 life window, the formative adult years in essence. But you can develop schizophrenia into your 40's.

And even if you don't, you're at higher risk for mood disorder in general because of shared genetic etiology. I would recommend practicing mindfulness & meditation. Even if you aren't exhibiting any symptoms at all, life is very fond of throwing curveballs out of the blue. Why not give yourself a fighting chance in case nasties do arise?
>>
>>17767902
I can't really imagine getting it to be honest, which is why I'm not worried...I'm actually sort of fascinated by the prospect, I'm very self aware and to imagine suddenly throwing all logic out the window and suddenly being schizophrenic? i can't see it happening but obviously mental illness can happen to the best of us. And how do I practice "mindfulness" ? Sorry but in all due respect I'm either gonna get it or not, I personally think i'll be fine, but we'll see.
>>
Still there OP? I live with bipolar disorder and it's pretty terrible, have even had psychosis. I take my medications religiously though and live a pretty close to normal life, I'd probably have killed my self by now if it wasn't for my medications.

Main thing about dealing with mental illness is you have to have the right attitude about taking them and you have to put in the effort to be normal otherwise it's a downward spiral you may never escape.
>>
>>17768034
It's been maybe 5 years since this all started, I'm a fucking husk at this point. If she doesn't want to help herself nothings going to change. I wish she would take her meds religiously but even then we haven't even found concrete meds that fully work for her. She just sits on her ass all day so she's definitely not putting in the effort. It's always "i'll do it tomorrow" with her. I'm glad that you're able to live a fairly normal life!
>>
My younger brother was diagnosed with gender dysphoria and there is apparently no cure. ;_;
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.