[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Send Help!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Help_Wanted.png (951KB, 917x692px) Image search: [Google]
Help_Wanted.png
951KB, 917x692px
preferably looking for honest advice from girls but would just like some real talk from anyone.

first off sorry this is going to be long but to fully understand the situation going to have to fill you in on a little bit and take you back to 2006. at the time I was playing an MMO and met a girl and we quickly hit it off. we got closer and closer and ended up trading AIM screenames (remember this was 2006) and would just sit up talking to eachother about whatever was going on in eachothers lives until about 3 or 4am nearly everynight on the weekends. we are the same age and then we were either 15 or 16. we even started playing other shitty f2p games with just eachother for the sake of e-dating I suppose. we traded a couple pics and all that and she always wanted me to give her my facebook but back then I didn't have one. she also wanted me to get on skype with her but I didn't have a mic and got nervous sometimes actually speaking to girls I really like so kept making up excuses cause I was afraid she would think I was a loser if I got on the mic and was different than the guy she had been talking to for so long (I know, I know, not attractive to anyone).
>>
anyway that didn't deter her at all. this whole thing went on for a couple years. she even wanted to meet even though we live halfway across the country from eachother. I'm not really sure looking back when it stopped or why it stopped and it may have been my doing (I honestly don't really remember my memory is a little fuzzy as it's been a long time). from my best recollection I was going off to college and just dropped the game thinking I would meet some nice girl and actually fall in love (which I thought happened a couple times but didn't looking back on those relationships). i guess in my mind I really liked her a lot but considering the distance and circumstances never considered any kind of a relationship a potential reality despite connecting with her like I've never connect with any other girl (I've had several gfs since then). also it felt the idea of meeting a gf/bf online felt so weird for the time and thought nobody did that. anyway I went back to the game after a couple years had passed and saw she was playing too and at first she was extremely friendly and happy to talk to me but when I tried to ask her about how she had been she just kind of ignored me. I tried a couple times later on different days and she still gave me the cold shoulder so I felt that was that and did my own things.
>>
anyway what I'm wondering is should I send her a facebook message or something of the sort? I've thought about this a few times over the last few years and I'm just afraid it will seem really creepy and stalkerish so I shake the idea and forget about her for months but without fail like a bad relapse one night randomly I will have a dream about her and it will all come back. It's not like I think about her day in and day out. I literally never think about her until I'll have a dream and then the next day or two it may linger on my mind. I've never seriously considered it and probably haven't even thought about her for a year but had the dream AGAIN last night and that's why I'm here. i honestly had a major crush on her then and not sure if she felt similar about me or just felt I was a super close friend but the second she would ever sign on the game or AIM she would be ecstatic to talk to me and we would literally tell eachother everything even things we kept from our close friends. even to this day I remember quite a few of our inside jokes.

here's the thing she never deliberately gave me her facebook even though she wanted to trade but I didn't have one then. only way I found her today is because after one of those dreams I curiously googled her old AIM name remembering she used it a lot and sure enough her deviantart popped up. and even on that page today there are still pictures she uploaded from back back then of just us hanging out in the game.
>>
I'm only worried it would be very awkward to hit her up 8 years after the fact but we were just so close for nearly 2 years spending almost every night up all night with eachother. I've just never connected with someone else on that level. BELIEVE me when I say I want to just drop it and get it out of my head but I can't because in the back of mind I always wonder what if?

so should I just take the leap and do it and if so how do I do it without seeming like a mega creep? I'm not even expecting or looking for a relationship I would just like to be in touch again ya know? I really just wish I had kept a way to stay to in touch back then. I mean she literally feels like the girl version of me. it's weird because we've never even actually met but I just get this gut feeling about her I can't describe and feel like I related much more to her than I have any of my actual ex'es. I can't even believe i'm sweating this so damn much.

I guess my main point is I really want to reconnect with her given how close we were but if doing this will just make me seem creepy I rather not do it at all and preserve the memories of all those good times we shared.

okay sorry for rambling on. truly though for anyone who may be reading this thank you a ton for the time and advice. I'm not the kind of person to reach out but this is something I would really just like some outsider perspective on.
>>
>>17766132
For the love of dear God!
Nobody is going to read your book.
tl:dr PLEASE
>>
Contact her in a friendly manner but prepare yourself there's a good chance she's not single or interested in a relationship after so many years but I doubt she'd be rude to you send her a Facebook message and see what happens
>>
>>17766334
heh yeah that's pretty much the response I expected. I typed it all up and it was longer than I thought after I posted.

>>17766344
Thanks anon. Just didn't want it to seem creepy. Out of all the friends I've ever met online she was certainty the closest and I've kept contact with quite a few. We live apart and I definitely don't expect any relationship but would just nice to be in touch because obviously she meant a lot to me.

I guess I'll just send her a message rather than a friend request and see how it goes because it's been so many years and that may seem a little weird to just try to friend her. Also I never told her my last name because back then I was paranoid about giving that info out online but she will most certainly remember me.
>>
contact her OP. I'm not saying this becuase it'll work (prepare to be disappointed) but instead because it sounds like you'd in the future regret not trying if you just tried to forget about it now. the worst that'll happen is you come off stalkerish and she'll give you the signal to stop

and out of curiousity, what mmo?
>>
>>17766593
this is how I've been feeling about it too. I just need to get it off my chest and know.

also it was ffxi. funnily enough I know many people who met on that game and got married irl. I know it happens a lot in MMOs but seemed to be extremly common there. that game had some wonderful community though. many of my best online friends I still talk to I met there.

>mfw I lost my screenshot folder that had 1000+ pictures of me and all my friends from our various adventures
lots of them even had text intact cause I used the windower and a good portion were from me and her
>>
>>17766819
>ffxi
yep. a lot of my preteen/early teen years right there too.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.