[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Failing Uni?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hi, /adv/.
I'm a freshman in college, and due to a mix of depression and procrastination, I'm failing all my classes. I may be facing academic probation. What do I do? I'm flunking easy credits because my head is fucked. Wat do?
>>
What is your guess as to your root cause of the depression?
>>
>>17764959
My shrink thinks it's just how I was born. With a chemical imbalance. My family has a history of it, so it makes sense. I'm more worried about my uni though...
I'm currently on antidepressants, and doing better. What do I do at college though? Who can I talk to? And if I end up on academic probation, how do I deal with the shame of being a dropout in an overachiever family?
>>
>>17764978
>how do I deal with the shame of being a dropout
Being a college dropout speaks little about your character. There is no shame in being a dropout—there are people who get a masters in one field and realize they want to be in a different field. There is still no shame, even on catastrophe of that level, because the experience is still invaluable.

When I dropped out of college, I experienced thoughts of suicide that I felt were genuine. Dropping out brought value to my person because I look at suicidal and mentally unwell people with more understanding.

>...in an overachiever family
Don't have that experience so good luck to you. My family that doesn't like me can fuck right off because they're probably on the abusive piece of shit side anyways. People who look down on you because of your experiences are laughable.
>>
>>17764986
Thanks, anon.
I've got a lot of feelings about this issue, and hopefully I can get them sorted with my therapist.
Ill definitely keep all of that in mind.
>>
>>17764933

i found in my third year of just repeating shit from freshman year (getting kicked off finan aid altogether for it), dropping out was an incredible relief rather than the shameful burden i thought it was going to be. sitting in that chair drawing out your failure for years out of fear of disappointing some other cunts is where the shame comes from.

taking control of your own life is uplifting. chances are, that's what your parents are really looking for. they want to see you making decisions and plans like an adult with direction. You might not have a specific career in mind, but guess what? Escaping from that classroom IS moving in a direction. And once you start on your own path, you'll only get stronger.

college is something you have to figure out for yourself.
you're not gonna grab that degree unless it's as automatic as grabbing a gallon of milk out of the fridge to make cereal in the morning.

in the meantime you could look into some alternatives. welding. carpentry. man jobs.
>>
My life is so similar it hurts. I'm a freshman and already failing every class.
>>
>>17765072
Feelsbadman
Hey, I'm sure we'll get through it, eventually. Academic probation isn't so bad, I suppose
>>
>>17765096
Idk, freshman year is supposed to be the easiest, and failing at the first few months makes me feel like a retard.
Do you at least pick the right field? Do you like it?
>>
>>17765214
*Did
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.