[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a copyright infringement email from Rightscorp demanding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 007.jpg (67KB, 681x512px) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
67KB, 681x512px
Got a copyright infringement email from Rightscorp demanding a settlement.
The way I see it, they didn't mention me by name so they don't know who I am. The email was tagged onto the end of a cease and desist from my ISP.
Can I ignore this?
>>
If they sent you a copyright infringement through your ISP then they know who you are.

How much are they asking and what did you pirate?
>>
I got one of those once. It means that they want free money. Ignore it. If someone shows up at your door to serve you papers only then take it seriously. Although I'm nearly positive nothing will happen.
>>
>>17764691
How would they know who I was? They can't prove I was even using the PC at the time of the torrent. Furthermore they didn't even mention my name or state a specific settlement fee.

>>17764751
I've decided to ignore it for right now. They can't prove shit unless I admit anything.
>>
>>17764803
Mate..feel bad for you Americans. Here in Europe you don't receive such things (for the moment at least)

You should try using a VPN next time
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQKOUgif-9Y
>>
>>17764675
>Doing something illegal
>Gets caught
>Expects sympathy

Not from me.
>>
>>17765103
cuck
>>
>>17765126
So you're that as well? Poor baby.
>>
remove your wifi password and delete the files
>>
>>17764803
>How would they know who I was? They can't prove I was even using the PC at the time of the torrent.
It doesn't actually matter. Whoever's name is on the account for the internet bill is the one responsible for all activity. That defense won't stand in a civil court.
>>
>>17764803
The actual corporation or company has no idea who you are. They just know your general IP address. Your ISP is just sending you the company's message and of course, stop and desist, before they send your name and address to that company who wants to sue the fuck out of you.

Either stop seeding or hide better. Shame to all the ignorant retards in this thread as well.
>>
>>17766597
Their* stop and desist.

ISP's would rather not lose their paying customer, so they'll warn you. But if you keep getting caught illegally downloading, your ISP will sell you out so they won't get sued as well.
>>
>>17764675
Jesus Christ. Didn't your parents teach you shit about how to use the internet properly?

I was gonna give some pro tips but you obviously don't deserve that good of advice.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.