[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm upset with the way things are headed in american politics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: shadows.jpg (90KB, 597x605px) Image search: [Google]
shadows.jpg
90KB, 597x605px
what can i do about this? how could a person actively fight against racism, homo/transphobia, freedom of speech being threatened (especially the press), etc.?

is there way to make this my job? so i could get paid while doing something i believe in.
>>
>>17763947
well, if you resort to just condescending to people and immediately invalidating anything people say that you don't agree with and calling people racists and assholes when they aren't then you're gonna help destroy your cause. just saying. it's why trump was elected. even I am getting tired of being told I'm a racist just for being white, a misogynist just for being male, and homophobic just because I'm straight. I'm just trying to live my damn life, leave me the fuck alone.
>>
>>17763947
You realize where you are right now?
>>
Yeah, work for an orginization that advocates for or helps oppressed people
>>
>>17763984
I've been on 4chan longer and more than you and you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>17763974
yeah i have no idea what you're talking about. the stuff i'm talking about was broadcasted on major news networks with the entire world watching.

i'm really pretty reasonable and wasn't assuming anything of you.

>>17763984
hopefully someone can give decent advice.

>>17763994
that's pretty okay advice. thanks i'll look into it some :)
>>
>>17763947
Wow it's not like everyone else feels exactly the same right now
Protip Hillary was actually an attempt from the eu to control America's early to declare war on Russia and trump was Russia backing up the only chance they could possibly get of not getting genocides
Your country has become so big and so powerful that the only way of dealing with it is to try and sneak spy's to control it and if you can't see that you are a moron
>>
>>17764008
Trump is appointing establishment Republicans to the defense department who favor a hard line on Russia though. You fell for the meme, gj.
>>
>>17763947
>what can i do about this?
Not too much. You can always educate people, have a conversation with them and all but don't waste too much time if you realize that the person isn't interested in facts. You can always personally stand up for oppressed people if the situation presents itself. Of course voting is the most obvious course of action (and the presidential election is just the tip of the iceberg)

>is there way to make this my job?
You could always work for UN or some charity but the actual effect is just as minimal and usually ends up in a job where you get paid for coming there.

>>17763974
>I am offended when niggers call me a racist or bitches call me a misogynist

Besides butthurt racists aren't even the reason. Trump got less votes than Republicans before him, the problem was that Hillary got even fewer (where it mattered) and that was mostly to her being "le establishment" while the clown presented himself as an outsider.
>>
>>17764018
Sure thing wall man
Democrats can't into meme
>>
>>17764008
>not getting genocides (sp)

HUMANITY gets genocided if Russia and the US go to major war you retard.

When did people suddenly delude themselves with this idea that WW3 would just contain itself to a ground war and the Kremlin would just happily sit on their arsenal of thousands of warheads while Americans march on Moscow? Or vice versa, for that matter? It's folly. It's folly and it's going to doom our species from our own stupidity.
>>
>>17764008
>Hillary was actually an attempt from the eu to control America
Wahaha, that's a new one.

> to declare war on Russia
Assuming even any war could happen (which is fucking cray already). Why the fuck would the EU want it? You realize that Obama pushed EU for the anti Russian sanctions and not the other way around? Or that Murica and not EU played a part in Kiev?
>>
>>17764022
>>I am offended when niggers call me a racist or bitches call me a misogynist
see, this is what I'm talking about OP. you see this? I'm stating expert opinion that is all over the political sphere of discussion right now, and apparently I'm a racist and wimmins hater for it.

you sir, helped get trump elected. as I said, even I am at the point I want people like you thrown in a dumpster fire. fucking holier than thou asshole. dunning kruger much?
>>
>waahhh shillary lost now I'm going devote my life to being a crusader for social justice rights!

Seriously it's almost been a week. How asshurt are you people?

And your answer is stop being a flagrant vagina (so impossible already lol) and join a radical Marxist circle.
>>
>>17764022
>and that was mostly to her being "le establishment"
Are you implying she wasn't? Because it's a valid criticism.
>>
>>17764035
Last world war my country got super rich no idea what you are talking about
>>17764037
I have no interest talking with someone who has been brainwashed, I already know the CIA learned all their tricks from the kgb
>>
>>17764037
Because Europe depends a lot on Russian gas and they can't exactly deal with the middle East while it's under a lot of Russian influence
>>
File: BCdaily150tg[1].gif (637KB, 766x451px) Image search: [Google]
BCdaily150tg[1].gif
637KB, 766x451px
>>17764060
>Last world war

lol you mean seventy years ago? Yeah technology has improved just a LITTLE bit since then.

Hope you enjoyed Fallout you fucking retard.
>>
>>17764022
yeah i don't really want to talk politics much in person. i live in a very conservative area and all the people i work with and some friends are pro-trump. and i see their posts on facebook; most of these people are decided in their opinions and don't want to listen to reason.

talking politics with them would just look like i'm being a bitch and trying to look down on people.

>You could always work for UN or some charity but the actual effect is just as minimal and usually ends up in a job where you get paid for coming there.
we got into this mess somehow. like things took place to get us here. crazy right-wing conspiracy sites got very popular and even came to be mainstream (brietbart in particular). that probably had something to do with it?

so if that nonsense was made cool, how do we bring back rational thinking and basic human decency? this is a serious fucking problem we're faced with and most people don't seem to understand it.

>>17764049
dude either stop being a whiny bitch or get out of my thread.

>>17764058
i'm honestly very worried for the future of my country. you should be, too.
>>
>>17764049
Right. You was about to vote for Hillary but then you got lynched by niggers because you're white and raped by faggots because you're straight, while illegal Mexicans filmed it, so you voted for Trump. Makes sense.

>I want people like you thrown in a dumpster fire
Typical attitude of a moderate voter. Burn everything that triggers me!

>dunning kruger much
Try to learn what it means before throwing it around.

>>17764059
In a way she obviously was but not any more than most candidates in the last decades while the label was used only against her. Stealing the primaries against Bernie certainly didn't help her either.

>>17764067
So go get Russian gas, EU wanted to make the US nuke Russia, which would turn entire Europe in a nuclear wasteland (as a best case scenario)

Yeah, sounds like a good plan.
>>
>>17764080
You are even dumber than I thought, way to strawman every single thing i said
>>
>>17764080
sorry, is cruing on camera and then telling a buch f black people to riot a mre mature way to handle things?
you realize you dont get to act like a baby and then pretend to be smart right?
>>
>>17764079
>dude either stop being a whiny bitch or get out of my thread.
ayyylmao, go fuck yourself you're not entitled to safe threads on the internet, much less on 4chan. don't like opposing views and aren't even going to entertain that the very arrogance and disdain for other human beings that you are so readily demonstrating was the single biggest driver for a trump victory, well too bad snowflake. I'll be here all night, just for you, just to play devil's advocate.

>>17764080
>Right. You was about to vote for Hillary but then you got lynched by niggers because you're white and raped by faggots because you're straight, while illegal Mexicans filmed it, so you voted for Trump. Makes sense.
I didn't vote because both suck ass. but I do understand both sides. people like you are just arrogant assholes that I wouldn't mind to watch get burned and brought down a peg so you realize that we are all people. the psychology involved is real simple but you can't see it because you have deluded yourself into seeing yourself as superior... and that's the very definition of the dunning kruger effect, you little cretin.

really, I'll be here all night, I'm in an argumentative mood and have zero problem playing devils advocate and flip flopping my side til the sun comes up. you're all fucking deluded and full of hate for anyone not exactly like yourself. I love, LOVE, tearing that hubristic bullshit down.
>>
>Taking this shit here a week after the election

Can you guys stop pussyfooting and just riot IRL already?
>>
>>17764073
Quick! Everyone move to McMurdo! We need to start picking away at the ice so we can have some soil to plant corn in.
>>
take some tips from Ann Coulter, not even memeing

advocate for whatever you stand.
You could:
>become a journalist
>start your own blog, get traction
>go into politics
>become a personality in your area, start a radio show...
there's many things you could do anon, just depends on how serious you are and how you want to do it

good luck if you're serious about it

>>17764079
>most of these people are decided in their opinions and don't want to listen to reason.
>don't want to listen to reason
exactly, because that's just like YOUR opinion man
Im in the opposite boat, Im surrounded by a myriad of SJWs who cant reason nor allow for an educated argument
I think in the end, both extremes have to agree to disagree and just live in amicable peace, all this hate aint cool
>>
>>17764115
they got taught propaganda and indocrination and then they got convinced that those where their thoughts and ideas and that repeating them makes them smart and everyone else is stupid
its full on cult behaivour, it will be interesting to see 30 years from now how many they manage to deprogram
>>
>>17764121
Where you been? There's fires everywhere and it is hilarious.
>>
>>17764079
If it took you unthis election to start being worried about the "future" of America, you were a fool from the beginning.

But hey, I guess warrantless wiretapping, PRISM, warrantless search and seizures, suspension of habeas corpus for suspected terrorist, Benghazi etc etc was all fucking fine and dandy when Barry-O was behind it, right? You liked the course of our country before that, yes?

Kill yourself.
>>
>>17764136
>PRISM
you are one of the few people I've seen in a long time that even remembers the like 2 days this was in the media before it disappeared. good on you for paying attention.
>>
>>17764126
>>become a journalist
>>start your own blog, get traction
>>go into politics
>>become a personality in your area, start a radio show...
its probably the worst time in history to do any of that
>>
>>17764126
>exactly, because that's just like YOUR opinion man
>Im in the opposite boat, Im surrounded by a myriad of SJWs who cant reason nor allow for an educated argument
>I think in the end, both extremes have to agree to disagree and just live in amicable peace, all this hate aint cool
i don't think apathy is the right approach desu. something more like actively seeking to fix a massive problem while still being respectful.

>>17764136
don't make assumptions of me. and don't tell me to kill myself.
>>
>>17763947
Kys, the people have spoken. Noone is going to pay you to be a degenerate
>>
>>17763999
>broadcasted
Broadcast, you undereducated pleb. Classic liberal
>>
>>17764079
>i live in a very conservative area and all the people i work with and some friends are pro-trump.
On a personal level you can still reason with some and at least cause them to question their beliefs. Besides it's better to approach it from humane level and not policies.

>razy right-wing conspiracy sites got very popular and even came to be mainstream (brietbart in particular)
They are still mostly a fringe thing and bullshit always works to gain clicks and attention.

>so if that nonsense was made cool, how do we bring back rational thinking and basic human decency?
It works because they focus on negatives, often even imagined ones and have catchy slogans. Besides they offer simple solutions and worldviews which is comforting. There is no real counter against it beyond educated voter base who don't fall for shit.

I mean sure, one can write more positives stories so people won't forget how far we came but that just won't get the same attention as something negative.

>how do we bring back rational thinking and basic human decency?
It's not as bad as you think it is. Most millennials voted for Hillary (hell, she even won the popular vote), even more would vote for Sanders. Many who didn't vote felt left down by either party, so basically capitulated. Democrats really fucked up by electing such a bland candidate.

>>17764115
>so you realize that we are all people
And when did anybody denied that?

> deluded yourself into seeing yourself as superior
So I have deluded myself to think that I am not a racist/xenophobe/sexist/homophobe ... do tell more, this is fascinating!

>full of hate for anyone not exactly like yourself.
This is getting great. Tell me more how I hate anybody!

>I love, LOVE, tearing that hubristic bullshit down.
This is going to be fun for both then.
>>
>>17763947
>how could a person actively fight against racism, homo/transphobia, freedom of speech being threatened
>racism, homophobia,
>Freedom of speech.

Contradictory. Freedom implies people are free. Free speech implies people are free to say whatever the fuck they want.
Regardless of content.

>Fuck the kikes.
>Burn the gays.
>Put women back in kitchens.

Of course, what you lefties fight for is less "freedom of speech" and more "freedom to agree with me, or else".
Just like how you fight against "racism" but think it's okay to hate ALL white men because 1% of them are rich (but don't mention the kikes... you aren't allowed to hate them even if they are rich AND owned the friggin ships that bought slaves over (seriously, look up their names)).
Just like how you fight "sexism", but "all men are pigs who just want one thing" and it's okay to cut up baby boys genitals. Consent only matters when it's women.

Fuck you, you fucking cunt. Fuck trannies, jews, gays, women and leftists. You're all the same and you fucking claim to be fighting for "good" and "freedom", but then do a 180% when it comes to your fucking actions.
No wonder Trump won.

Trust me, he's not "literally Hitler".
I know, because my tolerance died out, I'd hope you'd have been fucking right about it.
>>
File: so perfect.jpg (71KB, 620x638px) Image search: [Google]
so perfect.jpg
71KB, 620x638px
>>17764142
>don't make assumptions of me
oh but it's okay for you to make assumptions of me?
>>
>>17764162
>Free speech implies people are free to say whatever the fuck they want.
Tell that to Donald.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-donald-trump-declared-threat-to-press-1476449591-htmlstory.html

Besides you mix shit up. Racism and homo/transphobia are legal issues, so basically shit like the bathroom-gate or gay marriage. You're free to bitch about it but your bitching shouldn't result in legislature oppressing other people.
>>
>>17764162
and then the autistic MGTOW decided to start spewing noxious smoke
>>
File: mind blowing.gif (524KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
mind blowing.gif
524KB, 500x230px
>>17764155
>And when did anybody denied that?
the second that you invalidate whatever someone says because you don't entirely agree, and then resort to ad hominem, you are trying to put yourself in a position of superiority. essentially you are trying to put yourself in a position of more humanity than that person, thereby attempting to strip them of their humanity. thus outright putting yourself in contradiction to the idea that we are all people. example "basket of deplorables" comment made by hillary. if you agreed, then you don't see everyone as people and cannot possibly make any real attempt at change or bettering those who are demonstrating their pain, regardless of if they demonstrate in in a way that can hurt others.

>This is getting great. Tell me more how I hate anybody!
just did.

>This is going to be fun for both then.
I'll grab another craft beer and put my arguing flannel on
>>
>>17763947
Thanks for the laugh. Your post made me imagine what it would be like if some guy from 50-ish years ago in the 1960s was really into the civil rights movement and free love and stuff went and asked if he could get paid just to be a part of that movement. Like he expected people to give him money for being a hippie.
>>
File: 1466108974481.jpg (511KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466108974481.jpg
511KB, 1280x720px
>tfw comfy slav country without any of those problems
and by problems I mean degenerates.
Trump is cool I guess.
>>
>>17764155
also, deny. it's deny. denied is not grammatically correct here.
>>
>>17764203
Instead you're too poor for anyone to want to be degenerate in. Congrats.

How's the alcoholism?
>>
>>17763947
Lefties have been controlling the discussion for a decade now. People are sick of it and it's swinging back in the other direction.

It's only going to get worse for you. Get ready for it bitch
>>
>>17764175

You would've done it anyway.
So yeah, fuck you.

>>17764180
>legislature oppressing other people.

Yeah, and why should girls be forced to go to the same toilets as people who used to be men?
Ever think these girls aren't comfortable either?
But noo, don't want to oppress the goddamn trannies so for some strange reason they get priority over the fucking women who've been using women's restrooms all their fucking lives?

And there isn't legislature oppressing men?
Circumcision, pretty much every divorce court ever, the slow erosion of our right to due process (already happened in India, american colleges and throughout the western world).
>>
>>17764222
>You would've done it anyway.
>So yeah, fuck you.
I'm not that anon, I'm the whiny one thats going to argue this thread a new hole.

also I'm all kinds of confused based on this post. are you OP? will the real OP please stand up?

cause you don't sound like the OP, but I thought you were OP.
>>
File: 1358226981725.png (275KB, 539x539px) Image search: [Google]
1358226981725.png
275KB, 539x539px
Liberals need to go
>>
>>17764240
you've got the same superiority problem.
>>
>>17764216
I knew the 'poor and alcoholic' statement would come into play. I've got a bottle of beer left in my fridge and I haven't touched it for 3 days, also middle class.
We've got plenty of degenerates raising up here, thanks to your country, I believe. Just not enough to extinguish the flames of slavian traditions.
>>
>>17764244
Don't care. I'm not going to act humble

One day it'll snap back to the otherside but for now I'm enjoying it
>>
>>17764201
>the second that you invalidate whatever someone says because you don't entirely agree
So if somebody claims that gravity is a Jewish conspiracy and I don't agree with them, I don't simply put myself in position of superiority but also deny their humanity ... that's quite a forced logic, anon.

>"basket of deplorables" comment made by hillary. if you agreed, then you don't see everyone as people
While the comment was politically insensitive and overly generalized (as she herself noted) it was mostly true and looks pretty sensible in context.

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. Now, some of those folks -- they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America."

"but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they're just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.""

The only issue with it is "they are irredeemable" ... but while this is overly fatalistic it's also a realistic outlook. The chance that some KKK or westboro member will change his mind is ridiculous small. It doesn't make him any less of a human, just a pretty negative one.

>I'll grab another craft beer and put my arguing flannel on
Get an E-cigarette too!
>>
>>17764254
>turning the whole of society into a fucking pendulum that swings whenever [x candidate] wins the coinflip

You realize this is why it's so fucked up, right?
>>
>>17763947
Low
Quality
Bait
>>/pol/
>>
>>17764222
>Yeah, and why should girls be forced to go to the same toilets as people who used to be men?
Because "used to be men" means they aren't anymore.

Besides, isn't it funny how the people concerned about girls being uncomfortable are the same who want to their their reproductive rights away? Almost like most women don't actually have any issues with trannies.

>Circumcision
Blame the bible belt crazies.

>pretty much every divorce court ever
It tends to favor women more but hardly to a level that implies oppression of men. Besides, a big part is down to gender roles, something the evil feminists want to get rid of.

>the slow erosion of our right to due process
Applies to everybody.
>>
>>17763947
>win the us precidency
>massively trigger over half the country
the absolute madman
if you think all these videos of people crying and all those 9/11 11/9 tweets and riots are going to do you any good i cant wait to see what sorth of excuse youcome up with 4 years from now
>>
>>17764306
It's not like Trump looks thrilled. Poor guy took a joke too far and actually has to deliver now, with congress being all republican and Obama steering the economy upwards after Bush he doesn't even have excuses left.

Shit is going to be fun. At least if you're white.
>>
>>17764260
>So if somebody claims that gravity is a Jewish conspiracy and I don't agree with them, I don't simply put myself in position of superiority but also deny their humanity ... that's quite a forced logic, anon.
try to figure out why they're thinking that way. then help cause it's clearly a deluded thought. but it's coming from somewhere for a reason. could be cause schizo, but thats still a reason that can be helped with the right tools. or you could condescend to them and push the problem further, that's my point. also, I've heard some crazy shit, I've never heard of someone saying that gravity is a jewish conspiracy. just FYI, this kind of argument is called slippery slope and is based in illogical processes expressly used to, again, try to place yourself in a position of superiority.

you can apply this statement to the "deplorables" you are talking about. why are these people thinking this way? there's a reason there even if only perceived and condescending to those people only serves to piss them off, embolden them, and push them further from mainstream society thus making the problem worse and engendering exponentially increasing amounts of resentment for a society that proclaims daily hate for them, rather than fix the perceived problem. there are always going to be extremes like westboro and you're right, they're not likely to change in any relatively short amount of time. there is no such thing as perfect harmony and that has to be accepted. however the wholesale repudiation of large swathes of society because of thinking in terms of fallacy of composition, believing those that think differently also belong to those extremes that are perceived as immutable, must be confronted and changed.

>Get an E-cigarette too!
nah, real cigarettes. e-cigs fuck with my lungs for some reason.
>>
>>17764316
oh wow i guess you are right
now that i think of it i truly regret destroying you every step of the way all the way to office
i guess now we have no choice left but to run the country any way we see fit
if nly all those smart and educated people crying and rioting would take this responsability away from us, they are obviously so much more prepared to handle it
im so mad right now oh jeez

please keep rioting and acting so proud and patriotic asking obama to become a dictator or someone to assasinate the president, its only 4 years until it blows back in your face
>>
So why the hell are people in US rioting? Just because Trump got elected?
>>
>>17764327
>then help cause it's clearly a deluded thought.
And what if they don't want help or don't even see that their idea is wrong in the face of facts? Many outdated/silly world views are just down to fear of change, which is very human and very hard to overcome for some.

>but it's coming from somewhere for a reason
Nobody denies that. It's given and usually pretty simple. Dealing with the reasons is the tricky part.

>or you could condescend to them and push the problem further
How would it push them further? Once somebody taps in deep enough into bullshit (say Breitbart level), they won't be convinced by conventional methods and since I am all for freedom, re-educational camps aren't an option. Whether you remind them of facts or annoy them by being condescending won't change their conviction. The most promising outcome is that it's simply a phase for them. Besides time tends to kill a lot silly movements, alt-right is rather young in the current form. Let's see how much of it will survive the next 4 years.

>why are these people thinking this way?
In the comment, Hillary explained pretty well why mostly decent people fall for the shit. Add echo chambers and media.

>rather than fix the perceived problem
Not really an option if it requires something as crazy as BAN ALL MUDSLIMES. The other option is actually to improve their situation (and for everybody else) aka. economy ... which won't happen with dumb shit like tax cuts for the rich.

>however the wholesale repudiation of large swathes of society
It's pretty clear that her comment was meant towards the actual extremists. Nobody with a tiny bit of sense says that all or even most Trump voters are irredeemable assholes, even though assholish reasons like sexism or Islamophobia were certainly a part of the motivation for many; the biggest one was simple desperation due real and perceived reasons ... which is perfectly human and understandable. Just destructive for them and everybody else.
>>
>>17764337
>i guess now we have no choice left but to run the country any way we see fit
>we

>im so mad right now oh jeez
You do seem pretty mad about people using their democratic rights to protest.
>>
>>17764441
>e-cigs fuck with my lungs for some reason.
What the.

Watcha smokin?

Also jeez, for sounding so motivated, you leave me with too much time for relationship threads. My superiority complex won't tear itself down. You gotta take this more serious, mate.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.