[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Taking three classes this semester that are all considered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1474576468177.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1474576468177.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>Taking three classes this semester that are all considered quite difficult while working full time
>Managerial accounting, microecon (has an incredibly low pass rate at my uni), and applied stats
>These classes have super fucked schedules and I end up taking a test every week
>Leaves me scrambling to prepare for a test every week, while half assing my other classes homework as quickly as possible to allow for more exam practice time
>This has been repeating all semester long
>I'm up to like 2-3 AM most nights studying/doing homework, and have to be up at 6 for actual work
>Done this every night the entire semester

2 of the classes I have a D in, because even though I did relatively fine on the exams, the literal mountains of homework are really starting to weigh me down. However, despite missing a chunk of homework my accounting score is pretty high, because I've nearly aced all the tests so far.

I'm starting to get super fucking burned out, to the point where I'll get incredibly frustrated while studying. Doing this while working has me wondering if trade school would be more my thing.

So what do if you're at the breaking point with University, and are just about ready to throw your hands up and walk away from it? I've basically been led to believe, if I don't get a good degree I'm fucked, so I've been torturing myself with this shit while working full time.
>>
Can you take fewer hours at work? Do you NEED to work?
>>
>>17763799
Pretty much, yeah. I can't afford to not work right now. But I also can't afford to fail classes and have to retake them.
>>
>>17763813
Well you can't do both. Personally, I think education is more important, but if you can't not work, then perhaps you can drop one of the classes
>>
>>17763813
A D is essentially an F in the eyes of academia. You should drop your worst class and get some sleep. You'll do better at both work and your other two classes, and the time spent in school will be worth it.
Two D's and a B- aren't worth the money you're slaving away with two hours of sleep for.
>>
College is essentially a waste of time that tries to choke the life out of you. The only good thing that comes from it, is easy access to a bunch of parties.

But if you aren't having an even remotely enjoyable experience, then just fucking stop.

I dropped out right after I got my associates, then created my own business. While it can be infinitely more stressful, I decide when I work, how I work, and how much I work, as long as I'm meeting my goals, it doesn't matter.
>>
Depending on your scores in the classes you have Ds in, you should have time to put yourself comfortably into the C area.

Like last semester, I had a D in 3 of my 5 classes, and I ended up with Bs in them, because I scored really well on the last couple of tests and the final, because even though they were Ds, they were easily in striking distance of a C.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.