[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was at a friends get together and the topic of online dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6937.jpg (84KB, 750x686px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6937.jpg
84KB, 750x686px
Was at a friends get together and the topic of online dating came up and why I wasn't doing it, responded with "all these bullshit sites are for desperates, divorcees and who don't want to put forth the effort of meeting people in real life. it's like looking for a job, finding something you might like and hoping your resume passes the screening because she thinks she's entitled to something. fuck that nonsense".

The shit looks I got because apparently a few of the couples listening met their significant others via online dating/apps.

Another girl I know is always saying how perfect her now boyfriend is while I interject; if he's so perfect then they the hell did his first marriage fail within a couple years?! Oh but it was his ex wife! So he makes bad life decisions and couldn't see the person he married was a bitch?

Was I just giving my opinion too freely or what?
>>
Sounds like you've got a bad case of being an idiot.
>>
>>17763264
>it's like looking for a job, finding something you might like and hoping your resume passes the screening because she thinks she's entitled to something.
How is it any different from normal dating?

>if he's so perfect then they the hell did his first marriage fail within a couple years?!
Most likely she meant "perfect for her".

>Was I just giving my opinion too freely or what?
Your opinion is built on very limited understanding, and in cases like this it's better to keep it for yourself.
>>
Wow you're embarrassing lol
>>
File: four years earlier.png (37KB, 579x238px) Image search: [Google]
four years earlier.png
37KB, 579x238px
>>17763276
Every opinion is better kept to the self. Opinions are like assholes, they're rotten, smelly, filled with parasites, and nobody likes cleaning up after them.

In short, every opinion is better kept to the self and the smartest people are usually the ones who say nothing. But boy, do you create a boring fucking society that way...

In my opinion social situations are for spewing stupid shit, where your words will not linger forever to be judged like a twitter shitpost.
>>
>>17763315
Can't it be at least stupid shit with some factual basis? Or at least creative?
>>
Wow and I thought I was autistic.
>>
>>17763264
lol holy shit you sound ignorant as fuck. it's one thing to state an opinion, but another to offend people like that. you also come off as really bitter and negative, and generally unpleasant.

i'll explain some better solutions to stating your opinion without offending anyone because you sound autistic and probably need this sort of explanation.

situation 1 on the online dating thing
>"it's not my thing, i prefer to meet people in real life."
in this instance, you can focus on the positives in your opinion of meeting someone in real life vs online. it's better to speak positively about something than to bash something so negatively. you'll even probably find people agreeing with you.
>"nah all i'm probably gonna get are desperates, divorcees and flakes. plus i'm at the disadvantage for being a guy on places like that."
rather than criticizing other people for using online dating sites/apps, you're just focusing on yourself and what may possibly happen to YOU, which is probably closest to what you meant in your initial statement.

the thing with meeting people online is that there is a huge stigma already about it though it's been getting better over the years. people don't want to be judged for things like that.

situation 2 with the perfect boyfriend
>"i'm glad you're happy with him!"
don't stick your nose in other people's relationships and criticise their s/o unless it's warranted. (like if he's an abusive piece of shit.) just smile and let them be happy.
>"so when is the wedding??"
kind of a cheekier version of the above, but at least you don't sound like an asshole.

general rule of thumb when it comes to people talking about relationshits; don't waste your energy on them. they'll figure it out themselves. 99% of the time, they just want positive opinions of the person they're deeply in love with.
>>
>>17763531
General rule when dealing with people: Suppress every aspect of human personality you have and every opinion you possess. Smile and nod like a baboon.

I knew it years ago, but it's not getting any better. Fuck this worthless "society".
>>
>>17763546
Or you can simply not act autistic.
>>
>>17763557
>implying this society isn't autistic as fuck and I don't watch people play eye contact avoid games at the local bus stop

Why not fit in?
>>
>>17763572
Avoiding staring at somebody is pretty much the opposite of autism. Read up about body language.
>>
>>17763264

Well, it's a pretty extreme view of online dating, and it's more of a sign of you thinking "women are the gatekeepers" than it is a sign about online dating. You sound like a bitter autist.

I'm on a couple of dating sites, and I prefer them because they're not entirely based on me not knowing jack shit about a woman and going to hit on her at a bar. It wastes less of my time, because I have an idea about her interests and I don't have to spend three dates trying to see if she sucks, or if I just think she's hot. I can tell if she's smart, an idiot, likes to do things with her life, or just wants to sit around the house all day.

There's less of a chance of me having to meet someone's "representative," plus I know to some degree that they're looking to meet someone.

You just burst out all of your weird feelings around strangers, instead of learning to read the room and get to know others gradually, like a total autist.
>>
>>17763583
no, no he's right, society as a whole is fucking autistic as shit now and has gone full fucking retard.
>>
>>17763583
>pretty much the opposite of autism

https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/autism/conditioninfo/pages/symptoms.aspx

In general, the main signs and symptoms of ASD relate to: (...)

>Has poor eye contact

>Pretty much the opposite of autism

>Has poor eye contact

This is why I don't take advice from armchairs on 4chan. You're all shit at it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.