[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morning struggle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: clock-160966_960_720.png (89KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
clock-160966_960_720.png
89KB, 720x720px
Hi guys. First time poster, been lurking a little while.

I've been having trouble getting up in the mornings; I usually find myself rolling over and going back to sleep when my alarm goes off. It's starting to have quite a negative impact on me. Were any of you in a similar situation and found some semblance of a solution? I would very much like to hear about how you did so. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>17763034
same, but i don't have anything right now so i can't really give advice
>>
No problemo.
>>
>>17763034
I am still having this issue. Being late to work. Only solution is exercising and going to sleep earlier than 11 PM
>>
Is the alarm next to you? I use to have that issue and then I just put across the room so I had to get up.

Also helped that I lived with other people. My need to shut it off quick helped wake me up.
>>
Thank you so much. Even though I am a lazy pleb I'll try to exercise a little. And placing my alarm a distance away could work too although I do occasionally sleep through them.
>>
>>17763034
Eat at consistent times. Go to sleep at consistent times. Wake up at consistent times.

Your body has hormones that regulate your "tiredness" and "awakeness," and the release of those hormones is determined by your circadian rhythms. If you have consistent behavior, you will find yourself waking up at your alarm time without an alarm.

Make sure you get 8+ hours of sleep, too.
>>
>>17763034
Put a razor blade on the snooze button
>>
>>17763034
You sound like a night owl or a teenager.
You need to use tactics to wake yourself up in the morning.
Set 2 alarms on your phone 20 mins and 10 mins before you need to be up. Don't rely on hitting the snooze button. You can't guarantee using it correctly. Then put your main alarm clock across the room, so you need to get out of bed.
Hopefully the pre-alarms roused you enough to stay awake and get your butt into the bathroom.
If you still oversleep add another "Shit I'm going to be late!" Alarm on your phone.
>>
Thank you, you could say I don't eat particularly consistently. I've always thought about creating a routine, but I usually end up corner cutting an then overall abandoning the concept altogether. I'm grateful for the input you are sharing.
>>
I am always late to work, but getting better. Other anons definitely correct in saying establish a rythem, exercise/eat/sleep etc.

I brought a sonic boom alarm clock, very loud, would wake the whole house up before me. Eventually I learnt to sleep through it. It may work for you.
I now have a Pavlok. It's meant to train you with electric shocks, unsure if that works, however it has an alarm function which DOES work (although no snooze so you can turn it off and if you are really committed go back to sleep). They have recently released an alarm version, not tried it.

Any other tips would be gratefully received.
Good luck my fellow bed ridden anons!
>>
>>17763177
Not Op, but having the same problem. If I have to get up before 10, I just feel fucked, no matter how much I actually slept. Also I simply do not get tired in the evenings. Even if I completely lack sleep and am exhausted af, I just can't get myself to go to bed before like 1 or 2 at best.

Your approach is nice, but doesn't really help - atleast in my case. Look, I have tried basically every damn method ever to wake myself up - it just doesn't work.
'Use 50 alarm clocks?' - I'll get up, turn every single one off and get to bed again. Barely awake during this.
'Go to bed earlier' - that's the problem, not the solution
'Just get up earlier' - again, that's the problem
The fix shouldn't be about how to set up the best alarm, but how to get one to simply not be so fucked every damn morning. I don't want to try the 51th alarm clock, a math alarm, a light alarm or whatever - I simply want to get my body to function correctly before 10.

Also, at 22 not a teen, but it's basically been like this since I was a teen.
>>
>>17763177
You're right on both barrels there. I'll set those alarms now. Cheers.
>>
>>17763233
I'm just offering advice to not arrive late for work.
I work shifts and can't do that go to bed at the right time shit. My circadian rhythm is fucked and have been to a sleep clinic. I advise you to do the same. They'll offer advice on turning yours around or when to sleep and nap to manage your rhythm.
>>
File: image.jpg (299KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
299KB, 1500x1500px
>>17763248
Your welcome friend.
>>
>>17763256
See, that's the weird thing actually. I would never oversleep or come to late to work, even with just a single alarm.
School, uni, non-binding appointments or just days I have to get basic shit done (buying food, studying, cleaning the flat) - that's where I completely oversleep even with 50 alarms on. You actually think a sleep clinic is the only solution for this?
>>
>>17763294
Have you tried eating healthy, regular bedtimes and exercise. If not do it. If you have, then professional help may be what you need. They'll look into what's affecting you and how you can change.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.