[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Temporarily living the NEET life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.gif (4KB, 160x128px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4KB, 160x128px
I resigned from my job Friday - my last day will be December 2nd, and I anticipate probably not finding a new job until companies approve budgets at the beginning of the year, so I'll be unemployed for like 2 months.

How do NEETs keep busy and entertained without resorting to getting drunk all day or spending money traveling and going places? I imagine the first two weeks of this will be especially wonderful, given the holidays and all, but will quickly become boring, knowing I need to be ultra conservative with my cash flow.

So far my plan is to catch up on my vidya and comic backlog. Same with movies or whatever.

What else is there? Also open to ideas about part time jobs for a little extra beer money or something.
>>
>>17762534
Use the time to do that thing you always wanted to do, but never had the time for.

I once taught myself pro tools And started frantically writing a metal album. It sucked, but it was fun as shit and can now say I did that.

Or, write a novel. Something like that.
>>
File: loveanon.jpg (31KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
loveanon.jpg
31KB, 300x301px
>>17762534
> I anticipate probably not finding a new job until companies approve budgets at the beginning of the year
That is a weak way of thinking. Your full time job now is to find another job. At least 12 hours a day. Every day.

Of course, if you were strong, you would not have resigned in the first place.

> Also open to ideas about part time jobs for a little extra beer money or something.
Are you fucking kidding me? Every warehouse in existence is working 12 hour days, trying to gear up for the holidays. And you can't find even a part time job?

People as stupid as you cannot be helped. Please leave quietly.

> comic backlog
Come back when you're 18.
>>
There is so much stupidity in this post
>quitting a job without having something backed up
>not even a part time job over the holidays
>won't apply for jobs for two months
>prioritises video games, comics, movies and beer over everything else
You're a drain on society
>>
>>17762599

I'm 30 years old and make $80k/year. I have money saved up. I'm not looking for "a" job, I'm looking the next step in my career. Budgets are approved for these kinds of jobs in January. I don't need a shitty warehouse job to survive.

>>17762604

It's not that I WON'T apply, I just don't want to apply to any old job and end up right back in the same situation I just left, where I wasn't satisfied with the team decisions. Jumping from the frying pan into the fire is an awful idea.

I'm chasing my dreams, not just lazy.
>>
>>17762651
>I'm 30 years old and make $80k/year
>be this fucking pathetic
>>
>>17762599
>le alfa male dichotomy

Please fuck off back to >>>/armchairsociology/ where you belong, reject.
>>
>>17762534
Get a waifu and dream an entire life with her
Lack of figurines and waifu merchandise may cheapen the experience tho
>>
>>17762534
Do everything you've wanted to do but never had the time. Maybe sign up for small local activities you've always wanted to try - art, martial arts, writing, etc

Try not to shut yourself in too much, it'll take a toll on you

Enjoy your time while you have it. Allow yourself to rest, then get back on your feet - it might even come naturally. At some point you might automatically miss being proactive and working hard and shit.

If you feel yourself starting to go down, seek a psychologist. No, they're not just for "retarded" or "insane" people, they're just advisors; they're not gonna give xtra happy pills, they're not gonna make your decisions for you,they're not gonna spoonfeed you, but they're going to give you new ideas you never thought of, help you think, help you perceive. At least that's how usually it should be.

We don't even need to seek getting busy. Personally most of my time is passed through sleeping. Then videogames, reading, attending small courses, trying out new cooking stuff, clean, start new small projects, teach myself languages... Before I know it another day has passed.

You should take up programming if you like it, or even learning some stuff to make you tech savvy, even if it has nothing to do with your career, often employers see that as a bonus.

That, and languages, sometimes they're a good bonus too.

Remember, just don't dive in too deep. First red flag you see yourself deteriorating, get help.
>>
>>17763977

Great post, I appreciate it!

Still open to others' ideas.
>>
>>17762599
He's asking how he should spend his days on a 2 month vacation so that he isn't fucking blasted the whole time.
>>
>>17762651
Should have sought out another career FIRST before leaving your current job.

I only say this because of experience. Good luck finding a high paying job for a long time.
>>
Start working out. If that means simply walking for you then do it. I've done this between a couple jobs. You will have more energy when you start your new job and one has to prove themselves at a new job.
>>
read, learn stuff, play an instrument, go for a walk, play vidya, browse dank memes, watch a movie, listen to music, meditate, hang out with friends, you don't have to spend a single penny for this stuff... unless you're the kind of faggot that pays for things they can download for free
>>
>>17764021

Like I've said over and over, it would be great if that were an option. I loved my job, and saw no reason to leave any time soon. All of a sudden, in the span of two months, all of my Senior Vice Presidents quit or were fired, and the remaining leadership told us that our jobs were changing - both in title and responsibility.

I was given a job I was not prepared for or trained for, and put into a situation where my continued employment would both be super stressful, AND probably make me look bad if anyone in my industry heard about how I fucked up the role I would be in. Coupled with my uncle putting a bullet in his head in the past three months, I had to make a quick choice.

The other places in the city that were hiring did not pay as well, have bad reputations, and would have been going from a bad situation to another bad situation.

I couldn't just "wait it out" until something is open that is a positive progression in my career.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.