[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got into a bit of a car accident (I rear ended a car on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1439561082892.jpg (419KB, 876x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1439561082892.jpg
419KB, 876x1016px
So I got into a bit of a car accident (I rear ended a car on the freeway while breaking to avoid a separate accident) and its affecting me. The other party wasn't injured, and their car came out of it intact. My car's bumper got pushed back and now the hood stays like an inch up instead of closing but besides that its perfectly fine. Because of all this I figure I ought to be fine.

Driving has always been something carefree and almost relaxing to me, but lately I'm feeling an anxiety on the freeway I've never felt in all the years I've been driving. I found myself hitting the brakes real hard when I saw a car in front of me do that the other day and thats when I realized that the accident probably affected me. How do I relax again and go like before? I just want carefree driving again
>>
>>17761155
>I just want carefree driving again
and where, exactly, did that get you? do you honestly not realize that driving is the single most dangerous activity the vast majority of first worlders will ever do? you should NOT be carefree when driving. if hurting yourself doesn't bother you, you should be fucking terrified of hurting others.
>>
>>17761170
I don't mean "Carefree" as in disregarding the safety of others and not paying attention to my surroundings and all that, but how completely second nature it was to me. That I could just go wherever without any anxiety whatsoever in the road was nice. I feel like that has been taken from me, and being completely and 100% into every minute detail makes me feel like a new driver again
>>
>>17761180
>that has been taken from me
cut the victimhood bullshit, sack up, and realize that you have to be more vigilant on the road. you're trying to convince yourself right now that it's okay to be more relaxed when your experience has taught you directly that it leads to accidents. what if it'd been a motorcycle instead of a car?

you're asking for people to reinforce your bad habits but i'm not going to do that for you. the relaxation in driving an automobile comes from one of two sources: the confidence that you know how you are going to handle what pops up, and ignorance.

don't be the latter.
>>
>>17761155
I get this so hard. I totalled my car this past Tuesday because I rear ended someone. Total freak accident - coffee mug under the brake.

I'm pretty bruised up and am now terrified of being in vehicles. Driving has been my go to for everything - I drive to relax, to contemplate, to decompress. My car was my own little universe I escaped to when I wanted to be away from everything.

Now I'm terrified, and I'm not even able to drive anymore because of the unusable vehicle. Even being a passenger gives me pretty great anxiety. It's been an eye opening situation. We're so squishy, and in an instant life can be taken away from us because of carelessness. I think what will help (both of us probably) is to recognize the power of the machine we have in our control, and realize the responsibility and the danger, while learning to love it again.

I don't know. It's hard, and I'm sorry. I guess I don't have much advice, but I totally empathize and understand you.
>>
God fucking damn it you peaces of
shit that grew limbs.

Get over it, people used to shoot at my truck while driving in the military. And i was 18 than. Just grab your shrived up cuck balls get your hood to a body shop and go back to driving.

>>17761236
>Total freak accident - coffee mug under the brake.
Are you retarded? Why do you even have a coffee mug in your car? How to you let it get under your brake? And why not use the handbrake? Why not turn to avoid collision?
>>
You will get over it. I flew off the road and into a ditch once: I was going too fast in the rain. For about eight months I drove TOO slowly, and had panic attacks every time it was raining and I drove past the puddle that caused me to spin out of control.
I learned my lesson, and the anxiety went away entirely about a year and a half later.
>>
>>17761259
>And why not use the handbrake? Why not turn to avoid collision?
i mean i wasn't trying to be too overbearing but honestly i'll never understand the civilian mindset. if i were in an accident like OP i would be mentally wracking myself to figure out what went wrong, what i could have done better, and how i can update my mental framework to make it less likely to happen again.

OP? concerned with preserving that warm, fuzzy, and completely fucking out of touch with reality sense of comfort. i don't fucking get it.
>>
>>17761259
Because I drink coffee on the way to work, and it fell out of my hand when I hit a bump. Shit happens, and it taught me a lesson to pay more attention. Nice try at instigating though, so much anger!
>>
Bad feelings prevent bad things
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.