[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Undergrad before Med

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1463031908300.jpg (123KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463031908300.jpg
123KB, 640x960px
I'm really fucking scared of doing 3 years of biomed undergrad just to find out i didn't get into med school and have a worthless degree + debt.

Is it worth taking a bachelor of biomed? "Pre-med" Isn't really a thing here, and while I absolutley love learning about anatomy and such, I'm just not sure what i'd be able to do if i didn't get into med school and couldn't find a job with it after.

Are there safer degrees that I can maintain a medschool worthy GPA in, as well as have good career prospects If med school isnt possible?
Australian if it matters.
>>
>>17760659
You can major in literally anything as long as you fulfill med school prereqs. Pick something that you can easily 4.0 in.
>>
>>17760659

You can always go into bio / chem engineering instead.
>>
>>17760659
You want to be a doctor?
You suck dick for a doctor?

Then do pre-med
Then also on top of all your classes, do free intern shit
Like lab shit
Then you're good

If you can do bio/chem lab shit, then you can get an adult job.
Yeah, you're a service tech and not someone real, but it's a job

Best case is doing intern shit and go on the doctor path
>>
>>17760666
This.

As long as you're towing some sort of science-related degree, you'll be fine. Make sure you take organic chemistry and other related courses as electives. Basically, fill your elective slots with classes pre-med students would typically have as requirements. This will make the MCAT much easier for you. and you have something to talk about in your admissions letters--that you took the initiative to follow a pre-med path as well as honing your skills in a different area/major, making for a well-rounded applicant.
>>
bump
>>17760671
I'm guessing I would need to do some post grad for that right?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.