[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a straight white male looking to learn new languages. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: deus_vult.gif (687KB, 664x714px) Image search: [Google]
deus_vult.gif
687KB, 664x714px
I am a straight white male looking to learn new languages.

What would be the easiest and/or must useful languages to learn?

I have traveled through many European countries on interrail.
>>
>>17760580
>tier 1
german
>tier 2
romance
>tier 3
slavic
>tier 4
arabic, east asian
>dante must die tier
mandarin, icelandic

Czech our the sticky on >>>/int/
>>
>>17760580
>I am a straight white male looking to learn new languages.
Why don't you fuck off to the other boards on here? You'd be welcome on /pol/, Not here.
>>
Spanish is probably easiest, Mandarin the most useful if you ever get into serious business. Arabic is useful for the military given where they operate now. Russian and German are useful because both are relatively powerful / relevant countries. Then again, so is France. These three are obviously way easier than Arabic/Mandarin.
>>
If staying in Europe, Germany is a solid choice.

if going to central / south america, learn the Latino version of spanish.

Several countries in Africa speak French, which also is not a bad idea to learn.
>>
>>17760580
If you're visiting Europe, Arabic.
>>
>>17760613
German is shit because it's up its own ass with the fucking genders and cases and shit
Conjugation is a nightmare

Learn French
All the Euro languages are shit
Bur French is the best
Of all the Romance languages, it's called the most Germanic.
That means easier for English

Learn French
Then apply for jobs in Quebec and get easy pay and live in Montreal AKA the sex capital of NA
>>
>>17760735
>t. Guillame
>>
>>17760580
Easiest language is subjective and triggers linguists and language learners.

If your strong suit is grammar, the easiest will be Spanish, German, and French: most romance(and some Germanic) languages.

If you're better with vocab(like visual) but not grammar, Chinese.

If you're good at both, pick Japanese.

I recommend starting with Esperanto before romance languages if you have no former indepth foreign language experience. It'll expose you to a lot of words and concepts used in romance and some germanic but you've probably have already.

But a lot of it is personal with your goals and ambition. For instance, Icelandic will be useful for someone looking to work in Iceland, but completely useless elsewhere.

All this aside, you should check out the language learning resources on /r/languagelearning on reddit.They also have language specific resources. I found it to be much more helpful and indepth compared than the /int/ wiki.
>>
>>17760641
Why don't you like straight, white males?
>>
what is the best way to go about this? I dont need it to learn it fluently. just basic romantic conversations with her
>>
>>17760735
>live in Quebec
>complain that English Canada is ruining your economy despite your horrible business practices, poor work ethic, and constant complaining
>get shit on everyday for not being a natural born french speaker
>get arrested and fined because their freedom of speech laws are worse than Ontario's
>get secretly investigated by the police with no warrant
>get assaulted by north African Muslims

Froggy, pls
>>
File: 1459966266426.png (993KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1459966266426.png
993KB, 2000x2000px
So how easy is it to learn Russian?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.