[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit /adv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1456419103602.png (7KB, 268x341px) Image search: [Google]
1456419103602.png
7KB, 268x341px
ITT: Shitty vague advice that sounds like it'd be helpful

JUST BE YOURSELF
>>
HEY, YOU'RE STILL DOING BETTER THAN <homeless drug addict in third world country>
>>
>>17760253
Is a great fucking advice, although idiots tend to misunderstand it with being a lazy shit head. It obviously means being the BEST version of yourself and not trying to change to appease others, just for yourself.

>>17760279
Perspective is always good too. It's shit when it's aimed at actually depressed faggots but not to bad for everything else.
>>
>>17760253
There's nothing wrong with that. The problem lies with you. If you think it's bad advice, you're a shitty person and too retarded to know it.
>>
>>17760279
Downward comparisons are actually pretty good for boosting confidence and self esteem. Does it make your problem any less significant? No. Does it make you feel better? Yes.
>>
>>17760320
>>17760300
It's vague and unhelpful in its most common application which is usually as an answer to shit like
>What should I say when I talk to girls?
>What are some good things to do on a date?
>How do I make friends?
>How should I ask her out?
>How do I improve my interpersonal communication skills?
>What should I do in my life?
>How do I find motivation?
JUST
B
UR
SLF
>>
>>17760353
Are you implying those aren't retarded questions in the first place? How the fuck would YOU legitimately answer those questions? Not to mention, most of the time you hear 'just be yourself' posted here, it's someone trying to rile up people like you anyway
>>
File: just bee schland.png (24KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
just bee schland.png
24KB, 914x1091px
Just talk to her
>>
>>17760362
>Are you implying those aren't retarded questions in the first place?
Yes
>How the fuck would YOU legitimately answer those questions?
With things of substance, if you can't answer ANY of those questions legitimately without jbys you really shouldn't be giving advice here.
>most of the time you hear 'just be yourself' posted here, it's someone trying to rile up people like you anyway
Not even a point, I never said otherwise, you're the one implying that it's good advice and if you believe otherwise you're a shitty retard person.
>>
>>17760370
Is only logical and usually better than overanalyzing every glance she made at you in the last 12.5h and why she greeted you with her left arm instead of right one like usually.

Do people who ask shit like "what should I say to a girl" expect some kind of a cheat code that automatically opens her legs and another one for a blowjob?
>>
>>17760375
>Yes
they are very retarded questions with obvious answers. Asking them will lead to the inevitable "Bee yourself" and parroting, because nobody cares about the questions in the first place. Anyone who browses this board regularly has already answered 100s of these questions, yet they are asked here 50 times everyday

>with things of substance
what's substance to you? Why don't you go ahead and answer all of those retarded questions with substantial responses then so we can see what the "correct" advice is
>>
>>17760405
Just saying "Take a brisk 30 minute walk every day" for the motivation question and "Practice talking to people, if you're afraid of confronting real people then either force yourself to make small talk or get a mic and talk with random anonymous strangers" for half of the others are both a thousand times better and more substantial than b u're shelf and it took just as much effort to come up with.
>>
>>17760327
spoken like someone who has never experienced depression.

no, doesn't make your problem any less significant. and no, it doesn't make you feel better.

i bet you're one of those people that sees someone who is anxious, antagonising over something, and you say to them
>don't worry about it! :^)

yes thank you for this advice. i have never tried to simply stop caring. wow. my problems are all solved now.

a downward comparison can just as easily be seen as "well, i haven't hit rock bottom yet. so it's still not true that there is nowhere to go but up. life could still get significantly worse, therefore it is justifiable that i am fucking terrified."
>>
>>17760405
>retarded questions with obvious answers
>what should i do in my life?
>obvious answer

wise anon, please enlighten us. what is the meaning of life? please stop with this bait, it's making me salty
>>
>>17760450
>meaning of life
Kek.
>>
>>17760450
>>
File: 1478906906266.png (819KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
1478906906266.png
819KB, 780x585px
>>17760450
>meaning of life

>what should I do with my life

wow totally the same question
>>
>>17760279
This kind of thing always makes me feel better.

When I'm depressed and thinking "is my life even worth living?"

I remember that there is a boy who was born with his skin falling of and every day he has to separate bandages from his flesh for three painful hours. He won't live to 25 because he will literally rot to death before that happens.

He's found a meaning to exist despite painfully roting to death every day.

I dunno what's worse roting to death. Or being the parent watching they kid rot to death.
>>
>>17760486
Probably sucks more being the parent. People can get somewhat used to physical pain and people with fatal shit tend to accept it at some point, so they don't panic that much. While seeing somebody you love suffer and knowing that they will die soon is pretty fucking brutal.
>>
>>17760498
That's kind of what i figured.

A young terminally ill person may not be that attached to life. Especially sense they know it means "no more of the constant agony I know as life"

A parent has to watch their kid basically be tortured to death by cruel reality.

Sometimes I think the ancient world was right to simply cast out or kill babies with such problems.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.