[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you adjust to living in a place with little sunlight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 88.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
How do you adjust to living in a place with little sunlight?

I grew up in the deserts of the southwestern US where it's sunny all the time, nothing but sun and no clouds.

Now I've moved to the Pacific Northwest and at first I thought "Yay finally clouds" but I hate it, I hate the clouds, I hate how it gets dark at fucking 4:30 at night, I never see the sun, I feel trapped and claustrophobic like I want to go to fucking Mexico or something to escape this dark miserable hole

What do you do to cope with a lack of sunlight?
>>
Winter depression is a thing. Take vitamins, go visit a sunnier place whenever you can, and just... get used to it.
>>
>>17760185
isn't the early nights just because it's winter or coming up to it now? i mean, it's not going to be dark at 4:30 during summer, surely. not in USA?
>>
>>17760193
Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll go get some vitamins

I mean more about the psychological effects of never seeing the sun - I feel like I live in perpetual night since I literally only see the sun about 1 hour a day (I work inside in an office) and only see outside if I pass a window or at lunch
>>
You can also invest in a UV lamp. They're a necessity in places that receive little sunlight. Good ones can be expensive but it's a one-time purchase that can really make a difference.

Make sure you take Vitamin D. Also do what you can to make sure sunlight comes into your living space as unobstructed as possible.
>>
>>17760267
>>17760267
>I literally only see the sun about 1 hour a day (I work inside in an office)
kek i work security at nights and sleep during the day and i get more sunlight than that. the live of a salarycuck
>>
>>17760185
Take a vitamin D3 supplement, drink, go hot tubbing. It's miserable in the winter but spring/summer/full are amazing. You're lucky you made it to the pacific northwest, at least you have good food and an ocean front.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.