[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depressed out of school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: 1478006251576.jpg (104KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1478006251576.jpg
104KB, 500x313px
Long story short, I depressed myself out of school. I just snapped and stopped going because I... I don't even know. I blamed it on work (I'm 27 and had to go kart time because I couldn't afford to drop my shitty job), which is only partly true.

That was spring semester this year, so of course now I have debt rolling in that I can't afford and my first payment is due in January. I don't know what I'm going to do because I already have a medical bill I can't afford that I'm getting harassed about constantly.

I've heard that student loans don't give a fuck about anything and they will just take them. I just don't know what to do, and I'm honestly thinking of just ending it all to be done with it.
>>
Move to a monastery in Tibet.
>>
>>17759513

I'm in the same boat. Cept I finished school and still have that debt. I have credit cards that are in collections, medical bills that I'm harassed about.

Truthfully I'd say just end it. But I was weak and decided to get help. It ended up being a waste of time but at least I tried it.

So go get help for your depression if you can, I've seen meds and therapy work for some. Maybe it will work for you? And in the end if that doesn't work then you can end it knowing you tried. I've got one more thing I'm going to try and if that doesn't work I'll finally be able to give up. In the end it doesn't matter if you wait a little bit more to off yourself.
>>
Go into the woods alone and naked, if you don't survive you don't deserve to live.
>>
>>17759562

I live in America. I can't afford help, and even if I could, I don't know that it would help because I went to therapy for years when I was kid.

I think I'm going to ride out the year and give myself the old happy new years.
>>
>>17759602

Fair enough. Yah Americas fucked and the only way I could get help was by being unemployed and go to shitty state therapists and psychs.

And if you've done it as a kid, I see you know it's truly worthless. Cya soon on the other side then
>>
>>17760017

Yup. It's pretty shitty.

I'd want to go on unemployment, but living on half my paycheck isn't possible alone.
>>
>>17759513
I don't know what to say, but I'm in the same boat. You're not alone!
>>
>>17760326

Hate to say it, but I never understood the benefit of not being alone in a situation like this. Is it supposed to make me feel better knowing that other people are in the same shitty situation?
>>
>>17760403
Yeah.
>>
>>17760592

I don't get it n
>>
>>17760732
Misery loves company.
>>
hi OP, i'm you minus the debt. 28 in a couple months, potentially not that much further away from dropping out myself. i got in a self-righteous fervor a month or so ago and disassembled my gaming computer to stop playing video games thinking those were the problem, but they're not. they're just an expression of my need to escape from life. i'm not existentially depressed, but i'm something close.

zero interest in college, but i luckily have no debts since i get the GI bill. i've considered killing myself but i'm going to hold out for the singularity or ww3, whichever comes first.
>>
>>17761210

But it doesn't help.

>>17761217

The debt really seals the deal, though.

Imagine not having any money, and then someone asks for money while threatening to ruin your life even more if you don't give them money.
>>
You're pretty fucked to be honest. Even if you go back to school and somehow manage to finish it, you'll still only have a life full of debt to look forward to.
But maybe, just maybe, since you're considering ending it all, you can be the 'messenger' we need.
Grab an AR-15. You can get them cheap at your local Walmart, or alternatively a gun store.
Search on google for highschools, colleges or malls in your area.
Take a stroll around and scope the potential targets. Map out potential routes and escape routes, where are the panicking normies most likely to escape towards?
Pick a day you know there's gonna be alot of people there. There's tons of events happening in schools and malls.
Prepare a decent amount of explosives. Those can be easily made with every day materials, google it. This are your escape plan, you can either off yourself with them or use them and escape in the chaos they will create.

Optional: Body armor will let you kill more normies if confronted by security or police or just carrying normies.
Carrying a sidearm can be extremely useful, some normies might try to disarm you.

Remember, good planning and fast action will net you a good high score. Flexibility is key, you never know how things might go, the best of the best like Breivik were so succesful because they could make correct decisions on the fly.

Good hunting brother.
>>
>>17761229
doesn't sound fun. wish i could say some magic words that would help you (and myself) figure this shit out, but it's hard to be retrospective in the moment. maybe try to think of the best-case scenario and then work on accepting that and working from there? you might have to hit rock bottom.
>>
Okay so, I've been down that path before.
Last year of school, 32k or so in debt just for student loans, other debts both withstanding.
Was working, good at school but just depressed and one day I snapped and just stopped going to school.

This was in Canada. I learnt not to give a fuck about the debt, can't pay it I I don't have the money and there's nothing they can do about it except fuck up your credit, which isn't a big deal cause you can have that fixed in at most 7 years. Sounds like a lot of time but trust me it isn't.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about the debt at all. I would try going back to school, I would also see if I can get an apprenticeship somewhere based on whatever you're going to school for. Woek for free or minimum wage if you have to but work hard, work so hard that you don't have time for anything else.
That'll keep the depression at bay cause you'll be so busy and based on what you're in school for, an actual professional work experience will teach you so much more than school ever will.
It'll also boost your confidence.
I went from making less than 36k per year to making 90K+ in space of an year because I quit school and got a job
>>
>>17759579
>>17759517
top kek
>>
>>17761235

That doesn't save anything, moron.

>>17761240

There's no coming back from rock bottom, not in my case.

>>17761244

I've tried working on my self confidence and shit, and it got me nowhere. Actually, I could make an argument that it got me into this position, but that's besides the point.

Anyway, here's the thing about debt south of your boarder: they don't give a shit. Getting a paycheck? That's nice, we're taking half of it! Oh, and we're going to fuck your credit because fuck you! You can't live with half a check? Man, that sucks for you, but this is America! We don't give a fuck about you!
>>
>>17761235
high kek
>>
>>17761255
consider joining the military. debt payoffs were one of the options for a signing bonus back when i joined, but that was at the height of the surge and they were far more motivated to get any swinging dick in gear.

forget about the muhreenz, they only take brand new kids straight out of high school. easier to brainwash. i'm honestly not even sure if you can get in, but if you don't have a criminal record, any testable physical disabilities, and/or any history of mental illness WITH A DISCERNIBLE PAPER TRAIL, it's worth a shot.

how much worse can it get, right?
>>
>>17761255
I think it isn't as bad you think it is. Just focus on work and work hard.
They will not take any money out of your cheque. I'm in the States now, I think you're worrying about this too much.
I just keep myself busy. Be it work, or be it just reading something. Don't give yourself time to think and just set a routine little by little.
It'll help tremendously, more than any drug ever will.
>>
If I were you, you save up to 10,000 dollars. Study in the philippines (about 6,000 dollars only for a whole degree or less if you go to a public uni). Use the remaining 4000 for a ticket and pocket money. Then get a job at a call center to pay for everything else. You can even bunk at our house if you want.
>>
>>17761281
it can even range from $40 per sem if you're smart enough
>>
>>17761263

I actually can't get in. I got great Asvab scores in high school, but I'm flat foot and colorblind. The former isn't so bad anymore, but the latter is a deal breaker.

>>17761265

I kept myself busy when I was in school. I was busy to the point of having an average of 4 hours of sleep a night during the week. I can't handle that shit. I was stringing myself out for shit I didn't even care about. The classes I was taking were mandatory BS classes, and any kind of job can go fuck itself. My job in particular has gotten to the point where 80% of the staff are riding the year out, then leaving with the new year because it's bullshit.

>>17761265

>save up $10,000

Is this a joke or something? That's more than HALF of what I take home in a YEAR.
>>
>>17761296
well, at least you can save up for it for only at least 2 years. btw how much is your uni there?
>>
>>17761310

I don't think you understand how impossible saving up $10,000 is.

College here is $10k-$30k average PER SEMESTER depending on where you go.
>>
>>17761316
holy fuck jizz. that's fucking expensive. in here thats double for the whole 4 years. im studying psych here for $350 per sem. but the teachers aren't quite great.
>>
>>17761326

Yea, no. The American school system is a fucking joke when it comes to tuition. Then higher end of school will easily put you five figures into debt.

I honestly wish I had never went back, but I thought I could do it. If I wasn't a depressed wreck and could actually feel passionate about things, maybe I could. Instead, I broke down and solidly ruined my life.
>>
Man i don't understand you, you are so centered in a "normal life" house, job, luxury, that you can't see outside that circle, so once all of these three things are gone you've got nothing and you're thinking of ending your life

Why stay in one place? I think that you can, just take that bus, plane or ship that goes somewhere, live on the streets, go to other country, start from 0, live in a monastery, explore new places, it might sound like a fucking joke but it's not, i'm pretty sure that it's possible, it's up to you
>>
>>17759513
You can always declare bankruptcy. It screws up your chances of getting a mortgage or car loan for a few years, but it gives you breathing room now. See a lawyer.
>>
>>17761625

Lawyers are unreasonably expensive to even be around.

>>17761595

Money is a pretty determining factor for travelling.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.