[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The "New Girl"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1454990084372.jpg (51KB, 300x451px) Image search: [Google]
1454990084372.jpg
51KB, 300x451px
I'm just looking for some thoughts about my situation, because I'm going through a rough time right now. This might be kind of long, I need to get this all out.

I was in a serious relationship with this guy for almost a year. We're 20 and 23. Throughout the relationship, I was very loving towards him, but he was usually emotionally unavailable. He'd "jokingly" push me away whenever I tried to hug him, or punish me by ignoring me if I did something he didn't like. He got affection only when he wanted it. Still, when he was with me and we were out or at home watching a movie, he was very happy. Things started to get better as he became more affectionate and I developed a strong relationship with his family. And then, of course, he starts acting funny. You know what I'm talking about. He starts hiding his phone, not wanting to hang out, just acting generally distant. All that bullshit. Looking back on the relationship, this is a man that was emotionally manipulative, immature, and jam packed with commitment issues. He destroyed my confidence and my self-esteem...
>>
>>17758965
(cont.)
When I confronted him, he said I had nothing to worry about, but I told him I didn't believe him, and we spent the next 3 days fighting. Finally, I was able to read some messages, and I confirmed my fear that he was cheating on me... with his barely 19 year old coworker. In her messages she sounded very needy and complained about her home life with her alcoholic parents, her terrible bouts of depression, and her trust issues*. They've only been talking for a week and in his messages he told her that he "felt a spark" between them. I called him to come get his shit out of my apartment. When I handed him his bag, he started crying and said he was sorry. I told him he was going to be late for his date, and he expressed that he didn't think it was going to work out anyways and that our breakup was inevitable. We cried for like a hundred years because we were both exhausted at that point, I told him we couldn't be friends, and he went on his way...

What I'm wondering is, is this a case of "the grass is greener on the other side" with this chick? Do you think he's actually going to be able to maintain a healthy relationship with her? One of the main reasons we had problem in the beginning was because we coudn't spend enough time together. He lives in his mom's basement, she still lives with her parents working full time, and I eventually got my own place. I just tried so hard to keep him happy, and it angers me to think that this bitch (who knew about me, and got her friend to encourage him to leave me) will get a "new and improved" version of him and get all the happiness he owed to me. Do guys like this ever change? Does anyone have any experiences like this? I don't want him back, I'm just still going through the hurt of the breakup, I know he's shit and I'll get over it.
>>
People like that don't change, and the people who stay with them become damaged beyond repair I a way. He will do the same thing to this new girl. He may even come back to you pleading for you to take him back. Do not do that. Find someone who is just as emotionally available as you.
>>
>>17759055
I know he's going to destroy her if he does continue to pursue her. He was completely in love with this one girl who told him she didn't want him, and I was his rebound. It lasted about a month before he left me because he missed her too much... and they never even had a relationship. I wished I realized how toxic he was at that point, but I've learned a very important lesson, and I'll be much more careful next time.
>>
>>17759082
Just take this coming from someone who dated a girl who went through the same situation you're in. She let her ex cheat and abuse her emotionally, sometimes even telling her to kill herself. It became ingrained in her mind that this is what people who love you do. That people who love you are going to hurt you. When she came around to me, she was so damaged she couldn't give herself to me completely. And when she finally started to become closer and eventually told me she loved me, she became distant and broke up with me. Her reasoning was she couldn't let go of the "good times" that guy gave her, but from her stories wasn't very often at all. Take time for yourself to heal and put your happiness before anyone else's.
>>
>>17758965
lmao it really chaps my ass to know that women would rather be with asinine abusers than someone reliable
>>
>>17758965

that OP pic is REALLY fucking ironic. that is not an unselfish or unconditional love.

it clearly hinged on how that person responded. that's the definition of conditional and selfish.

>FUCK YOU FOR NOT WANTING MY UNSELFISH LOVE

top kek
>>
>>17759151
Please, point me in the direction of someone reliable that is also compatible romantically.
>>
>>17759429

maybe just be single for five minutes instead of insisting women should be with asinine abusers?
>>
>>17759518
Haha what?
>>
>>17759429
>boo hoo he abuses me but m-muh vagina!

You deserve every scrap of abuse you get.
>>
>>17758965
>He destroyed my confidence and my self-esteem...

You need to read up on emotional manipulation a little more. Or a lot less.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.