[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating sites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: thumb.php.png (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.php.png
29KB, 400x300px
What is your experience with dating sites?

(I'm not asking about personal advice: I'm more interested in your own success and failures. Like, what is your average process on these sites to have a lay?)
>>
>>17758700
met a qt Brazilian chick on pof. and she stole my phone.
>>
>>17758709
Around Brazilians, never relax...!
>>
If you have good experience, please pick any of these questions (or all of them) to answer:

>Do you find these sites efficient or a waste of time?
>How many messages (on average) do you send to obtain a rendezvous?
>After how many rendezvous do you have sex?
>What's your daily schedule on these sites, and how many girls do you contact at once?
>How do you manage it if too many girls answer simultaneously?
>Do you prefer to send "canned openers" or custom messages? Short or long?
>Do you find them better for one-night-stands, or longer relationships?
>Do you target just everyone, or are you very selective?
>What's your take on Tinder vs. more classic dating sites?
>How much time (and how many messages) between the first message and a lay?
>Free sites or paying sites?
>Condoms or not?

Impart your wisdom to me, /adv/.
>>
No one?
>>
>>17758700
I created a light-hearted but honest profile on OKCupid to see what reaction I might receive having never traditionally dated:
> who the fuck would want you? twat
>>
>>17759443
To elaborate, I wasn't looking for casual sex, just friends
>>
>>17758754
>Do you find these sites efficient or a waste of time?
I used them before, and they paid off.
>How many messages (on average) do you send to obtain a rendezvous?
Uhh, usually you can tell if there's potential from the start, and from there I usually try to exchange numbers to get off the awkward dating site as soon as possible.
>After how many rendezvous do you have sex?
Majority of the time, it's implied we'll be fooling around the first date. But, if it's not the first one, the second for sure.
>What's your daily schedule on these sites, and how many girls do you contact at once?
Browse evenings when I'm home alone, I'll contact any # of girls at the same time.
>How do you manage it if too many girls answer simultaneously?
Easily?
>Do you prefer to send "canned openers" or custom messages? Short or long?
Short openers. If she's interested she'll reply, it doesn't matter if you mention that awkward quote from her favorite movie or anything else.
>Do you find them better for one-night-stands, or longer relationships?
One night stands
>Do you target just everyone, or are you very selective?
It's like a fridge when you're hungry, you just keep lowering your standards until it's empty.
>What's your take on Tinder vs. more classic dating sites?
Tinder works, POF works, OKCupid works, those are all I have experience with, and got same results with each one.
>How much time (and how many messages) between the first message and a lay?
Depends on the girl, I'd expect within first two weekends of contact if you're hitting it off
>Free sites or paying sites?
Free
>Condoms or not?
Only if she insists.
>>
>>17759461
Thanks for the detailed answer.
>>
Been on sites for a while with no success

I actually do want a real relationship, these sites don't really give that.
>>
>>17758754
> efficient, but I feel like I spent too much time on them
> if I can't get the girls # in like 50 messages back and forth, it ain't gonna work
> the first one, usually. I'm going on dates with one girl I met though and I wanna take it slow with her
> at my peak I'd switch between sites constantly whenever I was bored or wasn't doing anything
> easily
> I've gotten laid using both, but I like using custom openers if the girl gives me something to work with. If not I'll use a canned opener
> one night stands (hopefully it'll work for this relationship though)
> it's a numbers game, swipe right on everyone and message the girls you find cute, or lower your standards and message anyone you match
> I've tried using a real dating site, but tinder, okcupid, and meetme have been the most successful
> between one night and a few days. The longer it takes for the date to happen, the less likely it'll pan out
> free of course
> always bring condoms
>>
All Tinder and PoF did was reassure me that I'm not good looking. Pretty rough for a guy.
>>
>>17759951
the girls ignore most people on the site unless they are both good looking, have a good opening message, and have a good profile set up. im good looking but shit at the later two so most girls ignore me. i know this because i can get girls easily in real life that tell me i am good looking.
>>
>>17759957
Yeah, I'm pretty much shunned from real life, PoF just reminded me I'm shunned there too.
>>
for the most part, it is people on the low-end of attraction. either they aren't good looking and either have poor or great personalities... or they are good looking but have awful personalities

there is the rare occasional person who just has circumstances that make it hard to meet anyone.

it's primarily a matter of waiting / patience.
>>
>>17759964
but do you approach women? women very rarely approach me, and when they do i normally fuck it up because im not expecting it
>>
>>17759986
I try but it's a spectacular failure.

I tried getting fit but then I gained weight again and looking back then and now I feel almost no difference in confidence.
>>
>>17760000
It's not easy, don't give up famam

If you're attractive you get more options and the benefit of the doubt but it can be hard either way.
>>
>>17760000
i understand. desu, being fit doesent help that much unless a girl already know you're muscular, if you're aproaching random women its pointless and more about your clothes, face and social skills. aproaching women is hard though, i normally only do it when im drunk and feeling confident
>>
I messaged some chick on OKC and that went nowhere, but then I randomly ran into her at a club we both went to. Now we're drinking buddies a few times a week and she got dumped by her boyfriend this week, so I might actually smash that.
tl;dr You'll have much more success irl
>>
Most women seem to be there for attention and not much else. The majority of conversations I start seem to fizzle out and go nowhere, even when things seem to kick off well.

It seems like you have to say the absolute perfect things or be ungodly attractive as a guy for much to go anywhere. I had one date that turned into a one night stand so I guess it hasn't been 100% horrible, but mostly terrible. The one night stand came out organically, just a normal conversation and a meetup. It was nice and unexpected. Just didn't expect her to not make contact again, but didn't bother me that much, it was a rebound after a divorce.
>>
>>17759957
I want to believe

I think I'm decent looking. But I've never had any real success...
>>
>>17760046
i have gotten a handful of girls numbers from POF but they where all kinda weird or really boring. only kinda success i have had was with a girl i met on a random internet chat site (she was surprisingly good looking) we dated on and off for about 3 months and then she started getting really flaky so i ended it.
>>
>>17760141
God knows I've tried. I go out too, it's hard to find nice girls. I met a girl on 4chan and loved her but it was long distance and she just loved the look of my cock and how much i turned her on.

I'm trying to get my life together but I just wish I could get a girl to help motivate me through tough times and come home to.
>>
>>17760150
i know the feel. it is hard to find decent women, heck, its hard to find decent people in general desu. i dont think its good idea to meet a girl when you're down though because you will likely get clingy and depend on her too much. reading and working out helps me out
>>
>>17760159
>Reading and working out helps

Trust me I've got deeper depression than that. And yes you're right, but being HHKV hurts.
>>
Was out at a friends get together over summer. Topic of online dating came up and why I wasn't doing it, responded with "all these bullshit sites are for desperates, divorcees and who don't want to put forth the effort of meeting people in real life. it's like looking for a job, finding something you might like and hoping your resume passes the screening because she thinks she's entitled to something. fuck that nonsense".

The shit looks I got because apparently all the couples listening met their significant others via online dating/apps

Oops whatever
>>
I had one date from a dating site and found her pics to be like 10yrs old when I met her. My cousin does the internet dating daily. He's like 170lbs and 6'5". He's like a farmer. He has no shortage of 5' women who weigh in at 200lbs. I guess he loves cattle!
>>
Been through the dating sites. Now I just join fap sites.
>>
I'm in college and am also curious about dating sites. I'm an engineering student so most people in my classes are white guys like me or huge lecture halls. Not much chance of meeting girls there. I don't have a facebook so I can't use tinder or bumble. I haven't really looked into POF or OKC. Can I make an account on those without anything else like a facebook? And how hard is it to go on those sites with bare minimum? I never realized how few of recent pictures I have of myself, and I don't want to have to have a fucking photo shoot to fill up pictures of me.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.