[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some things that make you anxious,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: ew we.png (555KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ew we.png
555KB, 1024x1024px
And how do you deal, or not deal with these thing(s)?

For me, because I grind my teeth at night for years it has messed my teeth up to the point of them becoming sharp and kind of loose. I am not coping with this well, and I want to see a dentist. I've also been trying oil pulling, but I have amalgam fillings and I think they are kind of wearing out... pic unrelated
>>
One thing that makes me anxious is anxiety about being anxious. I've found that it helps to do everything very slowly, even if it's something urgent. Living in slow motion will change your life, as it changed the life of most Japanese people.
>>
>>17759563
this very much- i actually would like to possibly move to japan when i can afford it :-)
>>
>>17758616
I guess my job is the biggest source of anxiety, not doing much to change that at the moment though, also my fear of failling
>>
saying/doing the wrong thing to/around people i care about makes me anxious. i feel like if i mess up, i permanently damage that relationship and they just won't care about me as much as they used to.

related to this is being misunderstood. sometimes i do/say something with some intention (or no intention at all, just neutral), and it gets received the wrong way. i know this is my fault in how i'm delivering it, because it has happened with more than one person. so at the moment i have this annoying fucking habit of explaining fucking everything i do or say, in an attempt to make it as clear as possible. it doesn't work, it just makes me fumble over myself, and sometimes causes more confusion

my job makes me anxious, it is too much responsibility. if i mess up - i lose the company thousands of dollars, this can be up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. this makes me anxious because if i lose this job i don't have much of a safety net. i have one aunt in this country, who may take me in and let me live with her until i find another job, but i don't want to ask my family for help again. i'm alone in this country because i wanted to leave my family.

related again, my family makes me anxious. especially my mum.

how do i deal with all of this? i fucking don't know. i try to tell myself how a normal person would/wouldn't feel. a normal person wouldn't agonise over what they say to their friends. a normal person on the receiving end probably won't even notice when i mess up.

same for when i'm feeling self conscious in public. i just tell myself that it is extremely unlikely that anyone is going to notice me, what i'm wearing, or what i'm doing. most people are not very observant of the people around them.

tl;dr so many things make me anxious. it would be easier to say what doesn't make me anxious.
>>
File: 1477106570348.jpg (18KB, 480x480px)
1477106570348.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>>17760061
Do you just not like what you do at work? I can definitely understand fear of failing..

>>17760126
i'm not done reading yet, but i want to say that it is a really good thing that you understand your feelings.... that way you know exactly where to make improvement, if you want to, in your life. A normal person this blah blah, you are feeling what you are feeling, just feel it and like I said if you want to change then you know where to start and sometimes we cannot make changes in life- but we have to try.
>>
File: anxiety breathing.gif (675KB, 500x399px)
anxiety breathing.gif
675KB, 500x399px
I feel really anxious about any sort of confrontation, especially if it's me confronting somebody and I have no idea how they will react.

There's a trick that really helps anxiety, and it's controlled breathing. The fight-or-flight systems, (the sympathetic nervous system) is activated by fast breaths, short breaths, and a longer inhale than exhale. Breathing like this can worsen or even cause anxiety.

You can deliberately change your breathing to control your anxiety. The parasympathetic nervous system acts in counter to the sympathetic, and activating it calms you down. You can activate it with longer, slower breaths, deep breaths, and a longer exhale than an inhale. Think like a calming sigh.

This gif here is a good example, but you can take it even further by holding for a few beats and making the exhale longer.
>>
>>17760261
i wouldn't say i understand the feelings necessarily.. especially not initially. i spend a lot of time thinking about this stuff. i go over situations i've been in over and over and try to figure out what exactly about the interaction made me anxious. but i still don't really "understand" in the sense that i don't know why i feel that way. i hate it, either way.

i would be significantly less anxious if i had 1 or 2 people in my life that i know care about me, and i have no doubts about that, so i don't have to agonise over every little thing i do or say and i can just enjoy being in their company. i've had about 3 people like that in my life. one was my ex, she broke up with me last year, and has since behaved as though she does not care about me at all. it hasn't helped with my insecurities.

i've always seen people say to just feel the feelings i'm having. but it makes me sweat, makes my hands shake, it makes my chest feel like it's going to explode. i feel like i am going to vomit. i feel like i would rather be dead than feel like this ever again.

i complain a lot though. /adv/ is my personal blog thank you for listening make sure to like and subscribe and leave a comment below what you'd like to see from me next
>>
this always helps me with anxiety
http://www.inc.com/melanie-curtin/neuroscience-says-listening-to-this-one-song-reduces-anxiety-by-up-to-65-percent.html?cid=cp01002quartz
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.