[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to focus on school when depressed/overstressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Vzh77Je.jpg (215KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Vzh77Je.jpg
215KB, 1600x900px
Topic. Basically how do you focus on school when you can't focus on it and can only focus on your other problems. Which are a 5 year relationship that is going to shit (that I keep fucking making worse because I am always worrying about school, so its going to shit) and generally extremely unhappy with life. I legit have depression, anxiety, and ADHD (have medication for that) as well.

Honestly when trying to fix my relationship it just gets worse because I'm too stressed about school and life and I can't focus on school and do well in it because I'm stressed about my relationship and life, and depressed, thus making my sleep schedule complete shit.

Just basically my life is compeltely in shambles, gone to shit, I'm overstressed and overworked, and it seems like literally nothing can give. And to top it off I'm depressed and always anxious as shit to the point of being burned out.
>>
Anyone, please? At this rate I'm going to drop of of college and my relationship is going to fall apart. And I just got back into college, I can't afford to get suspended again.
>>
Mate, be honest with yourself. At this point, you have to look in the mirror and ask yourself what's more important to you right now? You clearly can't deal with both the pressures of school, and the pressures of a relationship, and that's okay.

Once you decide what's more important, cut the other off. If your education is more important (which it should be), try to explain to your girl that you just need a break from the relationship. You still will like her the same after a year, or better yet, you might find a flame at uni that'll be easier to manage since you both go there.

On the other hand, if your relationship is more important, then stop going to school. Just pay what you have to and get out. You'll be out a shit ton of money, which then your girl would probably like you even less for, causing more problems in the relationship, but hey, now that you're out of school you'll have all the time needed to try to fix it.
>>
Man i get stressed in college a lot, working 60 hours a week at the same time. What i do, put on some chill grooves, take a look at my student loans, and say to my self "Fuck this up, and you are down a couple grand for this one class." And then i study my happy little ass off. Unless your parents are paying for your shit in that case fuck you.
>>
>>17758558

No, I pay for my schooling and my work reimburses me, so if I fail, I'm out the money, which I can't afford as it took me a year to save this much to go. Failing out is not an option.

>>17758394

Yeah, I hear you, problem is I've already done that once with a relationship and ended up losing both anyways, now I'm back in the same boat with a new person 5 years later. Basically I got unlucky and shit hit the fan for me all at once in my life and it overwhelmed me.

Maybe I just have to sit down and organize everything out and figure out a plan to get shit done. Was just hoping for some advice, which you guys gave, so thanks.

If anyone else has any advice I'll still check this thread for responses.
>>
>>17758588

I should add, I'm 24 and part of the reason I'm depressed is because I failed out of school twice already and my friends have all graduated, so I feel like shit and worthless. Which in turn is affecting my relationship as I'm more irritable and have lower patience since I'm so stressed out.

Just ugh, fml
>>
>>17758593
I was in the same situation throughout last academic year, institutional mobbing after my depressive episode for 3 years.

Same as you, my irritability and stress caused me to lose patience with my long term gf who was growing apart from me to the point of only coming to mine to sleep after hanging with her friends. I broke it off in one night of anger.

A few months later I started wanting her back, but she was moving on. Then I got kicked out of school. I learned a week ago she has been with a new bf for months, and never wants to talk to me again. I am now dealing with the hearings etc from school, living with my dad because I have no money left. Trying to hope for a job. Still have many months to go like this. I turn 25 in two weeks.

Needless to say I'm miserable. If only I could go back in time. Just know my story, and make your own decision. In my case I would have done the best to keep her, but your relationship might be different as I feel massive guilt and remorse for her. Hope this helps OP. Good luck.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.