[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gf unsatisfied with her looks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: shoe.jpg (35KB, 300x372px) Image search: [Google]
shoe.jpg
35KB, 300x372px
So my gf is, as the title indicates, kind of unhappy with her looks. The problem here is that she really does look good. She seems not to react to compliments and even if I try to tell her that this is a topic she really doesn't have to worry about it won't help.

Now I see that being unhappy with your looks is pretty normal to begin with, however it really is getting extreme in this case. She pretty much hates all of her and this affects the sex as well as she is losing the interest in having sex because she can't see herself being attractive.

Any advices on clearing this whole situation up?
>>
>>17758223
let's she how good she looks
>>
>>17758226
I won't post her here. That's something you'll have to believe me.
Not a 10, certainly. But a solid 7.
>>
>>17758223
Every girl is like this
>>
>>17758223
Every gf I've ever had did this and they wouldn't accept my opinion telling me I was biased. They all ultimately began to seek admiration from other men and that escalated into them cheating for the attention. Every one of them and nothing you can do. The more you try to support and admire the more they think you a liar but let one coworker or classmate or new "friend" tell her she's hot that pussy is no longer yours but theirs for the taking.
>>
Does she have any other issues? I would say therapy.
>>
>>17758223
Nothing but showing you believe that to be true, beyond a shadow of a doubt, would dull the selfdetriment. This is a lot to ask of anyone, so women don't ask for it at all.
>>
>>17758260
Fuck, this hit way too close to home.
>>
>>17758260
and ass too
they like anal
>>
>>17758381
One of them honestly admitted what was going on in her head as she cried and packed her shit when I told her to leave. Hurtful as it was I wanted to know what I could have done differently and she said nothing it was all on her and her self image. She told me a coworker started complementing her so she would buy a new outfit or do her hair differently or change how she did her makeup and I recall when she began doing this so she was actively encouraging the guy to proceed. She told me this went on for only two fucking weeks, she noticed he started telling another female coworker she looked good so my ex changed her schedule to have time with him alone and she sucked his dick that evening when everyone left. Of course that sealed the deal for the coworker and they started fucking everyday and I started noticing bruises on her thighs and ass in the pattern of a hand (you could clearly see thumb and 4 fingers) and we hadn't been fucking. She broke down and confessed.
>>
>>17758260
Oh shit, that's exactly what happened to me. Let's all agree to not date women that are like this
>>
>>17758461
Goddamn...
>>
>>17758260
seriously, fuck girls like this. They're shit people. I can't wait until they're in their 40s and suddenly want to "settle down" but no one wants disloyal old cunts.

I understand seeing your SO as biased, it's true. Like a mother who thinks her son is the smartest most handsome boy in the nation and he's really a gargoyle. Or your best friend telling you that you're not fat, when you're really a cow because they love you and don't want to hurt you. So outside compliments DO hold more weight in that sense. But seeking out shit like that is a huge RED FLAG.
>>
>>17758471
this is just one example from one ex. We had been together almost two years and no problems. I had seen her death stare when guys would try to approach so knew she could shut them down and had right up until she crushed on the right guy giving her a compliment. I was dead to her soon as that happened, the switch flipped and she was gone.
>>
>>17758223
No boyfriend or man, other than my father really, has been able to clear any self esteem issues I've had. And when I was alone in my insecurities, I had to fight them myself.

It's not an issue you can solve by constantly telling her she is pretty.

Personally, with my insecurities about my looks, they are kind of a front. It's still more acceptable to complain about how you look than it is to complain about your personality. Then you just seem pathetic. But you need an outlet somehow, so you complain about your face or weight. Over the years, I have cut the bullshit about my looks. I look in the mirror and I am happy with what I see physically. I get male and female attention frequently. I have not struggled attracting mates. What I have realized is that I suck at making them stay.

My attitude/personality was what I hated. And I had to find out why I hated myself. Came to the conclusion that I am impulsively mean and I think it's funny. When I feel threatened by people, I insult them to their face and behind their backs. At the same time, I am weak and have allowed myself to be mistreated by people, specifically in intimate relationships. I abandon people when they are too much for me. I act like a strong independent person, when I am not.
In short, your girlfriend hates herself and doesn't know how to fix it. Most people don't. It just comes with time and slow progress.
>>
File: file.png (29KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
29KB, 290x174px
>>17758260
/thread
>>
>>17758461
daaaaammmmnnnn
there should be a committee established to punish cases like this
>>
>>17758835
They exist in Saudi Arabia, are you ready to take the reddest red pill?

>>17758528
Daddy issues
>>
There isn't too much you can do, since the problem is within her and only she has the power to fix it. If she rejects help, there's nothing you can do.
Only thing I can say is, as someone who also has an incredibly shit self esteem, compliments can either help or hurt the person. I am in the latter category. I get extremely uncomfortable when I get complimented, because I'm in such a low state I almost always feel like they're mocking me. They don't mean it, they're just saying what they think would be polite or what they should say.

My suggestion, is maybe she's like me and thinks your words are hollow, even if that's not true. Actions speak louder than words though, so maybe you should try finding ways to express your attraction nonverbally. Kiss her every day, hug her, embrace her, cuddle her. I'd avoid sex for a little while, because she could get the impression you're just trying to fuck her rather than being sweet and romantic. But just give her a lot of non sexual, but physical TLC. Keep verbal comments on her looks to a minimum.
And suggest she speak to someone professionally. Theres a thread open right now with a psychiatrist and he said something pretty interesting imo,
>"[psychiatrists] are there to make you think about whats going on inside you... Generally a psychiatrist is there to help you think about why certain actions hurt you, make you rethink certaing behaviours you habe and how you can do better."
I think she's probably blocking out the reasons behind why she feels so insecure, but the insecurity is still there. If she never breaks that wall and confronts /why/ she's feeling this way, she can't ever hope to repair it. She needs to think real hard about herself, but I don't think she'll do that on her own, and I don't think you're equipped to facilitate that inner discussion.

Again though, if she won't accept help, then you cannot help her.
>>
>>17758461
man your story ruined my day ..
>>
>>17758879
Unfortunately that was just one story from one ex. Some I found out right when they cheated but others cheated multiple times but were able to conceal their betrayal. They all responded to flattery from another man and it made them feel good, usually some guy they had recently met and didn't know much about. Some admitted to falling for pursuit by another man in every relationship they had but this was the only time they had been caught. My take away from it all was that women frequently cheat but rarely are caught so the unsuspecting man is blissfully ignorant. If you notice your girl is primping suddenly and dressing differently, even seductively out of the blue she has a suitor.
>>
>>17758461
Will?
>>
>>17758461
This hurts so much because I might be going through this now for the second time and I'm scared of leaving her. She cries if I try confronting her. I have to stop caring just to function.
>>
>>17758223
You could found a band, call it "One direction" and write a song about her insecurities called "What makes you beautiful".
Or, you can become a solo singer and use the nickname "Bruno Mars", then write a song about the same thing as before and call it "Just the way you are".
>>
>>17758868
>Daddy issues
never had em. Reasons I said my dad resolves my issues with myself is because he just knows exactly what to say to me when I'm struggling. He doesn't call me pretty, but he tells me why I'm me. He gives me advice on similar things he went through. Everything with him is a long, emotional talk that somehow relieves me of my stresses while also empowering me.

Talks like that, they really only come from parental love.
>>
>>17759586
>Everything with him is a long, emotional talk that somehow relieves me of my stresses while also empowering me
Is this girls's code for a good long dicking session?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.