[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scammed Out of Laptop. Pleading with USPS to stop package.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tracking.png (50KB, 888x843px) Image search: [Google]
tracking.png
50KB, 888x843px
Long story short:

I'm a brand new seller on eBay. This was literally the first thing I sold, my old laptop. Well, I fucked up. I got an email from a fake PayPal domain that a payment was processing, and a notification on eBay saying that payment had been posted. I literally thought that's how it worked.

The guy contacts me, asks me to send it to a different address. Sounded really nice and upfront, saying it was a gift for his son at an army base (I know, I know, looking back I feel like a moron).
So I ship it. Next day I'm talking with PayPal and literally while I'm on the phone I'm re-reading the email they sent me and notice a typo down at the bottom of the letter. I go "oh SHIT," explain to PayPal what happened, and immediately call the post office.

I file an interception claim immediately (this is the morning after I shipped the package). I call customer affairs and open a case. The woman tells me not to worry, the package is sitting in the post office (I'm in Denver). I ask her if I can come get it, she says no.

I call again the next day. I'm told I was assigned a case manager who was supposed to call me. I tell them she didn't. They tell me she'll call me -- I tell them "please hurry, I'm dealing with fraud here and I'm out $1000. The package is sitting in your facility."

Nothing from them. I get no call. I call again and just start getting voicemails.
On the tracking I have for the package, it now says SUCCESSFULLY INTERECEPTED IN HOUSTON (the destination).

[more]
>>
THEN I GET AN EMAIL saying

> Hello

> Thank you for using USPS.com.

> This is an update on your Package Intercept Request.

>Your package will not be delivered to the new domestic
> destination you requested. The package will continue to its
> original destination and your credit card will not be charged.

> We apologize for the inconvenience.
>>
lol you must be the most gullible idiot on the planet.

But I think I can help you op, I'm a Nigerian price. I just in inherited 3.8 billion dollars. More then enough to cover the cost of your laptop you lost to that thief. All I need is you to wire me the taxes on the 3.8 bil so i can claim it and I'll wire you the money for your laptop and the taxes back no sweat.
>>
yesterday was a holiday
>>
What does ebay have to say about it?
>>
>>17756152
You always wait for the payment. Until you get the payment you dont ship.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.