[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a 10 page research paper due Thursday. I was assigned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1476027237991.jpg (75KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1476027237991.jpg
75KB, 500x625px
I have a 10 page research paper due Thursday. I was assigned it since like September but I've been slacking the whole time. The formatting is like 10 point times new roman, and two columns per page, which only increases the effort to write this damn thing. How do I go about doing this? Also how do I find good references? I only have a book right now and I need 6 more
>>
>>17755953
pay an asian to write it for you.
>>
>>17755953
>How do I go about doing this?
How the fuck are we supposed to know? You haven't told us anything about the subject

>Also how do I find good references? I only have a book right now and I need 6 more
If this is seriously where you're at right now, you're not cut out for academia
>>
>>17755959
>subject
It's pretty broad. It's just about an enginner or an invention and how it has affected the world over the last 100 years. I picked Tesla because why the fuck not, it's an easy subject, but I don't know how I'm supposed to stretch this shit out over 10 pages with that formatting added in.
>you're not cut out for academia
No kidding, but it looks like I'm just another retarded freshman because everyone else I've asked has like 3 references and 2 pages done.

The book has a ton of refrences in the chapter for Tesla. Should I just snatch those?
>>
thesis introduction paragraph
>thesis
>deeper explanation of thesis
>explanation of why thesis is important
>introduction to main points(at least three) used to support thesis
>segue into point one

main point one introduction paragraph
>introduction of point one
>deeper explanation of point one
>explanation of why point one is important
>introduction to sub-points(at least three) used to support point one
>segue into sub-point one

Sub-point one paragraph
>introduction of sub-point one
>deeper explanation of sub-point one
>explanation of why sub-point one is important
>proof that sub-point is important(i.e. a reference)
>segue into sub-point two

Sub-point two paragraph...
>repeat format of last paragraph, but segue into sub-point three

Sub-point three paragraph...
>repeat format of other sub-points, but segue into main point conclusion paragraph

Main point one conclusion paragraph
>restate main point
>restate sub-points used to to prove main point
>state why these points prove main point one
>segue into main point two introduction

Main point two introduction paragraph...
>just follow the same format as main point one, but segue into main point three

Main point three introduction paragraph...
>repeat format; segue into thesis conclusion paragraph

Thesis conclusion paragraph
>restate thesis
>restate main points used to prove thesis
>state why these points prove thesis
>concluding statement about thesis(I like to end on a reference from an important figure that agrees with my thesis)

If every green is one sentence of decent length you'll end up with roughly 10 pages. Write them quickly and don't worry about making it flow perfectly. This will get you a rough draft in like one hour (not including searching for references). After that go back and smooth out any edges.
>>
>>17756014
I used to get 95% or more on every essay in college, and I used this format for every one I wrote. You are attempting to argue a point... Most people think they are being asked to write a novel so they got caught up in making it sound poetic.
>this is my thesis
>this is why I'm right
>no more, no less
>>
>>17756021
>You are attempting to argue a point... Most people think they are being asked to write a novel so they got caught up in making it sound poetic.
Any school worth going to teaches you how to write essays.
>>
>>17756014
This would work fine if I had a more standard format, but for what I was given, that's not going to happen. I just pasted a 5 page paper I wrote earlier on into the required format for reference and I got 3 pages out of it.
>>
>>17756041
I meant to write that I pasted it in twice and got 3 pages
>>
>>17755999
Snatch them and then actually read them. Check references on Wikipedia too, then actually read them. 7 references should be no problem.

>>17756014
Seems like a good outline. If you already have an idea what you want to say, you can start with an outline and fill in the blanks. If you don't know, start writing the introduction and see what pops into your head. You have time to get a decent paper out if you start now.
>>
>>17756041
Quit whining and start writing. You currently have 0 pages. It is Tesla for goodness' sake, people manage to write books about him so surely you can manage 10 pages, regardless of formatting.
>>
>>17756040
You'd be surprised. 99.9% of students are terrible as writing... that said 99.9% of students aren't in a program that requires you to be proficient at it.

>>17756041
And sorry, the format I posted was for a 1 page essay with 3 references minimum. If you want longer, just follow the same format but add sub-sub-points to your sub-points. Every layer you go deeper multiply the number of pages by 3.
>one layer of sub-points is three points is 1 page of body
>two layers is three pages of body
>three layers is 9 pages give or take
>>
>>17756064
>writing a good essay in 1 page
What?
>>
Essay writing is piss easy. Google Scholar and Sci Hub, bibliography generators are your friends. Seven sources is FUCKING NOTHING when it comes to research papers.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.