[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cops suck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: I don't like cops.jpg (29KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
I don't like cops.jpg
29KB, 700x394px
Hey all, I need some advice. Apparently, I’m getting myself in trouble with the law. Long story short, I was getting free wifi from an office building in the lounge area for about a month. Apparently, the owner of the building kicked me out because she didn’t like me being there. I thought, ‘ok, no problem’, and that would be the end of it, but now I’ve got a detective who’s called me up on my phone and also came down to my parents’ house. When I spoke with him over the phone, I told him I lived in another town, and he said, “ok fine, just come down to my precinct, ok?” Obviously, he wants me to confess to some make believe crime. I hired an attorney and had them call the cops in my stead. However, when they called me back they told me that the cop was charging me with Trespassing criminally and burglary and they scheduled for me to surrender. Isn’t this bullshit? I thought the attorneys were supposed to just tell the cops that I plead the 5th and 6th and to tell the detective to fuck off until they get a warrant. Should I just fire my attorney and tell the cop myself? Theres no cameras, and the only way they know it was me was because 3 or 4 years ago I did the same thing in the same building. Oh, and that burglary charge was probably a ‘bathroom key’ that I gave to the manager when she kicked me out (she asked me if I had any property from the building itself and I told her I did). Can a cop refuse to give any more information besides ‘burglary’, because he didn’t say anything to my attorney and I’m positive it’s the bathroom key she took from me.
>>
>>17755881
So you never went back there after they kicked you out? Never caused any trouble or messed with the people that work there? If it's a public lounge area and security let you in, it really doesn't sound like you did anything wrong at all.

Have you actually explained your side of the story to the police, or have you just been dodging them and letting your lawyer speak for you? Sometimes situations like this can escalate just because you're avoiding them. Because I can't imagine a situation where you'd sit in a courtroom, tell THIS story, and actually get charged with any kind of crime.
>>
>>17755988
there was no security, but there was a cafe and a public area. This is still a pain in the ass and I think something got lost in translation between this bitch manager, the cops that responded, and the detective himself. You actually recommend call the police then?
>>
>>17755881
are you black?
>>
>>17756067
What has your attorney advised you? I just don't get why you're being so evasive when you've done nothing wrong at all. Especially if you were just using wifi in their cafe/public area... What am I missing here? To me it seems like this whole situation could be solved if you'd just explain your side of it.

Is it possible that there was a separate burglary in that office building, that had nothing to do with you? The burglary charge is the weird thing here.
>>
If they've asked for you to surrender then there's already a warrant for your arrest.
>>
>>17756075
3.5 years ago, I worked in the same building. I was staying in one of the offices past hours and one of my managers complained and made a big stink about it. I didn't think it was a big deal, but I ended up getting arrested. Fast forward to today, I moved to the area and needed wifi. The manager approached me and demanded which company I worked with. I got nervous and hurriedly left but it looks like they have a vendetta. To make matters worse, the detective calling me is the same guy that arrested me 3 years ago. He was trying to get in touch with me in order to try to get me to say something guilty. Anyway, if he doesn't have a warrant, why would my attorney force me to surrender at the precinct? I was hoping the whole thing would just blow over. I have a sneaking suspicion the attorney wants me to turn myself in so that I would have to pay him more money to represent me.
>>
>>17756113
thats why my attorney said, I don't think the cop said that. The cop only told me to come down to the precinct to visit him.
>>
>>17756132
Alright then go and talk to them with your lawyer present to clear this up if you want. Or you could ignore them and if they call you back tell them you have nothing to say and ask if you're being arrested.
>>
>>17756129
Well I mean, it still doesn't sound like you committed a crime in this instance, you still weren't trespassing as long as you were sticking to the public areas. If they've got a warrant out for you, I think you should just go to the precinct with the attorney, stick to the truth, and work this thing out.

Your story is getting kinda weird to me though... there really isn't a local Starbucks or McDonalds something where you could hang out and use wifi? Why would you go to the ONE building that you've been fired from and arrested for trespassing before? I can see why they'd be suspicious of you, even if you really didn't do anything wrong.
>>
Honestly, it sounds like there are some choice details that are being omitted. OP, at the end of the day it sounds like the worst thing they could make a case for is trespassing.

> I was getting free wifi from an office building in the lounge area for about a month

> a month

Okay, so a guy that does not work in the building is in the lounge using wi-fi for a MONTH, using the bathroom, etc. Nobody knows who he is except for the "managers" that may recognize him as the guy THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY ARRESTED FOR TRESPASSING.

> 3.5 years ago, I worked in the same building. I was staying in one of the offices past hours and one of my managers complained and made a big stink about it. I didn't think it was a big deal, but I ended up getting arrested.

> didn't think it was a big deal

It's not. But if they don't want you there, they don't want you there and ultimately it's their property. There's no "Eh, Not Really a Big Deal" Clause in law.

On top of this, instead of just speaking to the officer you're hiring a lawyer to combat trespassing charges (let's be realistic, if your story is true no sane judge will charge you with burglary) and making this A PAIN IN THE ASS for the officer. He HAS to investigate if a complaint has been charged, the easier you make it for him, the less he will personally try to fuck you over.

Again:

> he's trying to make me admit a crime

Dude, unless you're a liar and actually have something to hide, you think this officer gets his jollies conniving people into trespassing charges?

Final word: WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU USE THIS BUILDING OF ALL BUILDINGS

> FOR A MONTH

Jesus OP. You need to reconsider how you make decisions
>>
>>17755881
>Honestly, it sounds like there are some choice details that are being omitted

This. This story doesn't make sense. Why would the managers try to fuck you over for something you did 3.5 years ago? If all you've done is hang out in a public lounge and use public wifi, why would they call the cops instead of just telling you to leave and why would you go mach 10 and get your lawyer? How'd they get a warrant for your arrest? Why would they throw in an obviously baseless burglary charge? Why the hell would you hangout in the same building you arrested for trespassing in that has the same managers that know you?
>>
>>17756265
>>17756531
This.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.