[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pretty sure i'm having my first herpes outbreak how to cope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 12345775022192.jpg (62KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
12345775022192.jpg
62KB, 405x720px
pretty sure i'm having my first herpes outbreak

how to cope
>>
>>17755799

remember that the CDCs current plan is to let everyone in the world catch it.
>>
File: 1478809399218.jpg (22KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
1478809399218.jpg
22KB, 600x420px
>>17755805
wut lol
>>
get some ointment containing aciclovir
>>
>>17755855
I love you
>>
>>17755799

Aciclovir is now your friend. I have had about four outbreaks over the last nine years.

If you're poor, then I don't know what to tell you other than good luck.
>>
>>17756192
t- thanks y- you too
>>
>>17755799
get the non-brand name valtrex from your doc

herpes is different for everyone, if youre lucky, you wont get any visible outbreaks again
>>
>be me
>finger my GF
>go to restroom to wash my hands
>decide to smell my fingers before I wash them
>finger touches my mouth area
>for some reason think "oh shit" I better wash it
>I think I put water on it, then dry it with toilet paper then rub soap on it then rinse the soap off

Now I'm getting pimples and zits right on the area it touched no where else if any. I don't think my girlfriend had sex with anyone else.

What's going on? Do I have herpes?
>>
>>17757583
how do the zits and pimples look like, and how long did they take to appear after first touching your face.

Also, herpes is not exclusive to genitals and mouth, you can get it anywhere in the body, including your fingers.
>>
>>17757594
Idk how long it take. I've never measured it since I'm always touching that area to check if I have zits(then usually pop them) sometimes I'm completely clear of them but a lot of times I have a couple zits at any given time. Right now I have 3. Btw recently I've been feeling a slight burning feel

They look like typical zits and small pimples.
>>
>>17757594
After first touching that area i really don't know but I think it was a good amount of time after it. Maybe a month or 2. I've had that problem for like 4 years now
>>
File: afp20020901p831-f2.gif (38KB, 528x359px) Image search: [Google]
afp20020901p831-f2.gif
38KB, 528x359px
>>17757600
>i have 3

the intial herpes outbreak is usually a cluster of them with well over 3.

What other symptoms do you have?
Herpes outbreaks are usually accompanied by headaches and swollen lymph nodes.

touch your nodes, pic related, and see if they feel tender

probably not herpes, but check with your derma or gen physician
>>
>>17757609
>the intial herpes outbreak is usually a cluster of them with well over 3.

I could have very well have had moments were I've had more than 3. At this point it looks like it's spreading. I'm getting pimples/zits on the other side of the mouth and on my lips.

Maybe my facial hair is helping it spread? I don't do anything hygiene wise to help my facial hair.

>What other symptoms do you have?
Herpes outbreaks are usually accompanied by headaches and swollen lymph nodes.

Idk how to tell if they're swollen. I'm very overweight so It might alter the feeling. I do get headaches every now and then but I mainly think that it's my body telling me it's hungry or it's me getting headaches from babysitting my little brother or maybe some headaches are connected to a toothache.

>check with your derma or gen physician

I went to my gen physician and he just said it's typical acne... I think he also touched my lymph nodes. I felt that he disregarded my worries
>>
>>17757637
>Idk how to tell if they're swollen

You touch them, and if they hurt then they are swollen.

Get an STD test from a clinic.

If you get another suspicious break out, you can have that lesion tested for herpes. They swab the break out and determine if its herpes or not, i think usually they have to open the pimple first though.

Or you can also get tested for herpes antibodies in your system.
This is a blood test that checks if your body has built a resistance to herpes. The longer after the initial breakout, the more accurate this test is, for the body takes a while to build herpes antibodies.
>>
>>17757658
When I touch them they don't hurt at all.

What course of action do you recommend I take? I'm thinking of going to a dermatologist. I'm also getting pimples on the back of my head btw.
>>
>>17757665
>What course of action do you recommend I take

STD test, specifically herpes. You can get tested for the whole panel if you want but its a little more expensive

thats a good idea, definitely check with a dermatologist
>>
>>17757675
Okay. Hopefully I'll visit a derm. Thanks for chatting with me
>>
>>17757681
no problem, good luck
>>
I'm going on dates with a really great girl that has hsv2. We haven't had sex yet

Worth it?

Advice?
>>
>>17757686
Yes
>>
>>17757686
i mean, if you use a condom AND she is on suppression medicine, the chances of contracting herpes are small, but you can still get the virus.

If this is a girl you plan on staying long term with, and eventually marrying, I'd definitely wouldn't let the herpes bother me one bit.
>>
>>17757701
I mean I've only known her for a little over a week now, but I fell for her hard and I've already decided that I'd be okay risking it. I am gonna wait to have sex with her until things get more serious though

Obviously I don't know if things will last long term and I'm not thinking about marriage at all
>>
>>17757717
How did she inform you about having herpes?
>>
>>17757717
>I am gonna wait to have sex with her until things get more serious

this is probably the best and safest thing to do.
Do you know if she takes suppression pills?

educate yourself on the risks and odds of getting herpes
>>
>>17757729
It was on the first date. We were just talking and I asked if there was anything else I should know about her.

She said she had the h2 virus. She told me that she takes meds for it daily. Apparently she got it cause her previous long term boyfriend cheated on her and gave her herpes since they didn't use condoms
>>
>>17757744
takes pretty brave of her to tell you on the first date,

hell, its pretty cool that she even told you she had it. She must have alot of character
>>
>>17757748
She really is. That's part of the reason I fell for her. She's sweet, funny, intelligent, and sexy. The only reason she isn't taken is probably cause she has herpes
>>
>>17757761
>The only reason she isn't taken is probably cause she has herpes

if she has dated nothing but retards then yeah
>>
>>17755855
Great, another cunt with no sense of humor.
>>
>>17757769
I don't really care if she has herpes. It's such a minor thing nowadays and most people have some type of herpes.

I'm not gonna hold something that wasn't her fault against her, especially cause she's such a great person
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.